Author Topic: Florida  (Read 993 times)

dkn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
  • to be all ways to be all ways to be all ways to be
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Florida
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
So I live in a van and just travel or whatever.  I'm kind of bored of California and am going to go to Florida since it's the one section of the country I have not been to.  But which area is best for skating?  I've mostly been looking at Miami or St Petersburg.  Oh, and also which area has more lenient police?  Do they care about weed there?  Where do you guys see people living in RVs etc?

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
Re: Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
I live in St. Pete. Pretty great area. A little pricey and shit is just going up. Def not any spots in St. Pete to lurk in a RV, try outside of Tampa (20 mins drive), more land and less developed. Lots of skate parks in every direction, and a new 30K sqft park opening in March. Plenty of street, and big cities like Tampa, Orlando, Miami is an easy drive for day or weekend trips. Weed is pretty much accepted here, everyone just smokes out in public, but still a bit of a risk with the cops.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »
Yeah mane I live in St Pete too. I think I’m terms of honkering down in the RV your better suited to Bradenton area but the skate scene there is decent a few parks but not much street. Tampa is good place and Miami can be fun but pricey. I agree with the above poster for sure

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »
I'm not so sure about where to post up in an RV, but the Tampa Bay area is sick, and you've got good access to the rest of the state. I just moved to Brooklyn after about 12 years in Tampa, but would recommend to anyone.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 08:06:22 AM »
I'm gonna be in Indian shores near Clearwater at the start of march if anyone has any info on parks/spots/anywhere really