Author Topic: Posture when kneeling/bending knees  (Read 1823 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
Posture when kneeling/bending knees
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »
Is there such a thing? Like should your back be straight for a more proper pop and jump or can your back be all humped and you’ll still do the same thing?

Cause you know how Olympic divers and all have proper posture before they jump and flip, spin and dive and other athletes in their profession have certain proper postures for greater yields in performance
yes

Little Debbie

Re: Posture when kneeling/bending knees
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:09:45 AM »
straight back has helped me keep things under me, if I hunch over, the board tends to get behind me. also I only crouch as much as I need to, so not a lot.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
You want a straight back for sure and to absorb impact with your thighs/quads first  upon landing, as opposed to your back (easy to do when hunched over, Joslin actually lands like that a lot). Being hunched over would only serve to limit you

One common demoninator I’ve noticed about those with great style is that they all land with a strong squatting motion & usually a straight back

Thrash-trash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »
Donny Barley has the best posture in skateboarding. Even that opening ollie on the bench to trashcan tooth chip in Under Achievers, he has proper posture...

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
literally just do what feels right

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »
Is there such a thing? Like should your back be straight for a more proper pop and jump or can your back be all humped and you’ll still do the same thing?

Cause you know how Olympic divers and all have proper posture before they jump and flip, spin and dive and other athletes in their profession have certain proper postures for greater yields in performance

Ideally, your squatting into the board with knees bent..knee caps over the toes and not beyond..shoulders parallel to the ground...back perpendicular to the ground..head up and looking forward for maximum pop and balance....
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »
I had a martial arts master explain to me that, to get my posture perfect, I should imagine I have a string that goes up through my spine put the top of my head and is fixed to a point way above me. Kind of like a puppet or a marionette.

For some reason this stuck with me and I think out it all the time when I’m skating.