Author Topic: San Jose  (Read 1857 times)

Cooner66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -47
San Jose
« on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:03 PM »
Heading down to San Jose with some fellow Canadians in march. Going to be staying downtown. Any suggestions on spots to check out would be appreciated. Been trying to research tiltmode videos and some old suciu parts but don't really know where the spots are at.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
Re: San Jose
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:46:35 PM »
Downtown is pretty good when it comes to spots in a small area,
city hall is a good warm up spot plenty of flat and rocks are fun to mess around on, can be a bust sometimes

Cesar Chavez is another spot you can pretty much hang out at all day at and not get kicked out can get kinda crowded with other skaters, bmxs, and homeless dudes chilling and drinking I suggest you keep your shit close things like to go missing here

Also the Guadalupe bike trail is where you can find alot of the bank spots TMA has skated, during the rainier months these spots are usually covered in mud or can be flooded.

If there's anything specific you're looking for let me know and I might be able to provide you with a location

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:04:58 PM »
Downtown is pretty good when it comes to spots in a small area,
city hall is a good warm up spot plenty of flat and rocks are fun to mess around on, can be a bust sometimes

Cesar Chavez is another spot you can pretty much hang out at all day at and not get kicked out can get kinda crowded with other skaters, bmxs, and homeless dudes chilling and drinking I suggest you keep your shit close things like to go missing here

Also the Guadalupe bike trail is where you can find alot of the bank spots TMA has skated, during the rainier months these spots are usually covered in mud or can be flooded.

If there's anything specific you're looking for let me know and I might be able to provide you with a location

Cool man thanks for the reply. Looking forward to skating those spots. Any other spots or things to do you would suggest ?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
There's a pretty decent art museum which is like $10 for admission, there's also a skater run gallery called Seeing Things  https://www.instagram.com/seeingthingsgallery/ which usually has rad stuff on display, also various night clubs/bars around the area too if that's your thing.

SJ

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 03:14:50 PM »
It's about a 15 minute drive away but Fair Oaks skatepark in Sunnyvale is pretty dope.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
It's about a 15 minute drive away but Fair Oaks skatepark in Sunnyvale is pretty dope.
I think they just got lights installed too, super fun park.

SJ

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 09:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think they just got lights installed too, super fun park.

Yup lights are finally in after years of promise. They shut off at 10 PM on the dot though.

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
Which street spots have lights? Doesn't the plaza stay sorta lit up?

FancyWhore

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 12:07:07 AM »
The Mlk library at SJSU is one of my fav flat ground spots with a bunch of little four stairs and it’s always lit but security is sometimes pretty quick to boot.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »
The plaza has lights but very dim ones, right around the corner from the plaza there's a parking garage on market and W. San Fernando and it's fully lit and has Manny pads, parking blocks, smooth flat ground too, the bust factor varies but you can usually get a good session in.

SJ

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
The new court house across the street from st james park is a pretty good spot too, after hours obviously.