Author Topic: Torpedo Kickflips  (Read 893 times)

agmccomb

Torpedo Kickflips
« on: January 29, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
I’ve only skated two pairs of vulc shoes in my life. A pair of authentics and then a pair of eras. I didn’t plan on it, they were my chill shoes, I had injured my ankle bad and didn’t think I’d be able to do tricks again but one thing led to another.

Anyways with Vans at least it took quite some time to work in the toe for flip tricks. I’d call it over grip. Never have had the problem with cupsoles.  anybody else have this issue or solution to it? Always amazed when I see pros skating new vulcs all the time because of this. I skated both pairs til they were tearing my socks and they never did have the response I wanted. Maybe just preference?

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Torpedo Kickflips
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
Maybe try something other than Vans? It's been a long time since I've skated a cup but I'm willing to guess it just has to do with either the upper or the foxing tape

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

agmccomb

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
Maybe try something other than Vans? It's been a long time since I've skated a cup but I'm willing to guess it just has to do with either the upper or the foxing tape

I skate cupsoles, specifically the Emerica Romero Laced and love them. Just curious if others have had similar issues. I agree it is the foxing and specific rubber used most likely.

Shartarse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »
I just started skating a pair of authentic pros which had a really sticky flick at first but are now coming in to that beautiful golden zone where my kickflicks suck up like magic. Feels so good, like I can kickflip as high as I can jump. I personally quite like the experience of breaking the flick in, where each flip you do is better than the last, but if you're impatient you can always rub down the foxing in the flick area with some spare griptape - just enough so that the pattern is gone on the top/upper half of the foxing I find best for that perfect grippy but not stick flick.