Author Topic: Snowboarding is brutal  (Read 10315 times)

oldgoodburger

Re: Snowboarding is brutal
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 07:08:33 PM »
Yes, this looks like a totally fucking lame position to be in.

i love when father charters the heli for me and the bro's

darkslideoftheforce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 03:02:56 AM »
snowboarding is super fun you weirdos. it's like riding the rollercoaster or driving really fast with your car, what's to hate..?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:30 PM »
snowboarding is super fun you weirdos. it's like riding the rollercoaster or driving really fast with your car, what's to hate..?

Well, you know us. It does not take a whole lot for us to hate on something.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »
I used to fuck shit up on some 1080 Snowboarding and Snowboard Kids

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 11:36:12 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7lGOFMuRo

Dion Blaster was the coolest.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
Skateboarding will always be my first love.
But Snowboarding is super fun.  There is nothing else that compares to going fast and jumping in deep powder. Also being out in the mountains and the backcountry, is an awesome and humbling experience every time.  I live somewhere it snows 4-5 months a year and there is no indoor skatepark. So winter skating is not really an option. Most of the people I snowboard and snowmobile with are not rich trust fund kids they all work hard to be able to afford these activities.

Most snowboarders could care less about the olympics, competing and the ex games.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:16:59 PM by Get fired up »

Fat_Dude_Arnold

• Rep: -2
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:41 AM »
Snowboarding is fun.  Plus Cardiel had a pro model and there used to be a snow section in Thrasher (cold snap?).  Like that one guy said, there's a world of difference between going up for a weekend, having a good time sliding down a mountain, and whatever monster sponsored mega pipe events.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 12:53:00 AM »
Yall call your mums a dog? I might fuck your mother but atleast i respect her.

Snowboarding is tight as fuck. Just cause you broke bois cant afford it dont mean its no good

Edit: snowboarding made 360s super easy, airs on transition and switch hill bombing way more natural so fuck all yall
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:33:41 AM by ReeferMadness »

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 03:34:33 AM »
I love snowboarding. I've only got 1 tight friend that still skates and none of my circle of friends now ever skated but they all snowboard. Sharing the feeling of going up and having a day on the hill with them is one of the best things ever. It's like stepping back 15 years to when you'd meet up with your 10 best homies at the skatepark.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:36 AM »

Gay sex, I mean Crossfit,  is tight as fuck. Just cause you straight bois don't like it dont mean its no good

Edit: snowboarding made 360s super easy, airs on transition and switch hill bombing way more natural so fuck all yall

QueeferMadness

• Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »
Expand Quote

Gay sex, I mean Crossfit,  is tight as fuck. Just cause you straight bois don't like it dont mean its no good

[close]

Go do some drugs and kill yourself you fukin loser

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 07:23:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Go do some drugs Crossfit and kill  report me to the authorities for abusing the love of canines yourself you fukin loser fine upstanding gentleman

QueeferMadness

• Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 07:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Go do some drugs Crossfit and kill  report me to the authorities for abusing the love of canines yourself you fukin loser fine upstanding gentleman
[close]

I see 7000 posts still doesnt have a life. Gtfo skelly, i bet you cant even do 3 pull ups u fukin weakbody nerd.

I still fuck all your mothers. Snowboarding fuckin rules. And 95% are terrible at skateboarding and even worse at life.

SOTY

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
You guys hate surfing too?? I only tried once in Montreal on Canal Lachine. It's this sort of perpetual wave, I think they're called standing waves. Anyhow, you have to launch from shore about 50m away and let the current take you there then paddle your way into the right spot. It was insanely difficult for me, could not get up once. It didn't help that after each try you get washed away and have to walk back to stand in line again. I didn't have a wetsuit on either so after an hour I was frozen.

I need to learn how to surf before I die. For the record snowboarding is the shit too. Some of you guys are poosy.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »
You guys hate surfing too?? I only tried once in Montreal on Canal Lachine. It's this sort of perpetual wave, I think they're called standing waves. Anyhow, you have to launch from shore about 50m away and let the current take you there then paddle your way into the right spot. It was insanely difficult for me, could not get up once. It didn't help that after each try you get washed away and have to walk back to stand in line again. I didn't have a wetsuit on either so after an hour I was frozen.

I need to learn how to surf before I die. For the record snowboarding is the shit too. Some of you guys are poosy.

No. Nothing but respect for our father.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2018, 02:30:36 PM »
But Snowboarding is super fun.  There is nothing else that compares to going fast and jumping in deep powder. Also being out in the mountains and the backcountry, is an awesome and humbling experience every time.  I live somewhere it snows 4-5 months a year and there is no indoor skatepark. So winter skating is not really an option. Most of the people I snowboard and snowmobile with are not rich trust fund kids they all work hard to be able to afford these activities.

Most snowboarders could care less about the olympics, competing and the ex games.

Truth ^

Doing FS Boardslides through a 15m down flat down is so unachievable on a Skateboard, but way in reach on a Snowboard and the feeling is fucking awesome.

Also: Powder.

Finally, Surfing is our grandfather activity and I guarantee a tonne of us will end up logging or burning around on 7ft Fish's & twin fins once we get older. Especially with the advent of Kelly's Wave Pool.

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2018, 02:35:58 PM »
Forgot to mention, both Shaun White & Iouri Podlitchakov are piss weak compared to Ayumu Hirano.

Since Kazu showed up ~15 years ago, Japan have been as dominant in Superpipe as Canada & Norway have been in Slopestyle, yet they're only just getting the recognition that they deserve.

Ayumu got robbed in the last 5 ring circus.
After he annihilated the X Games last weekend, he better be heading home with that Golden Circle....

(Anyone following the Olympics this week?)

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
Your die hard love for skateboarding will not be compromised just because there's room for another board in your life; a longer, truckless, way too expensive board that is. That being said, ive had some great times up in the mountains surfing soft stuff flying around whooping and yelling with the homies. What fun is! Call of Duty and indoor parking garages can only suffice for so long.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 11:17:44 PM »
   What sucks about surfing is the culture/participants.   Surfing is better than skating -you cannot beat waves.  But skating is SO much more chilled out.  As soon as it's too crowded in 'the water'  you feel you shoulda just went skating.  Also with surfing you get as much stand up time on your surfboard in a lifetime as you do in a month on your skateboard.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:20:43 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2018, 01:41:02 AM »
   What sucks about surfing is the culture/participants.   Surfing is better than skating -you cannot beat waves.  But skating is SO much more chilled out.  As soon as it's too crowded in 'the water'  you feel you shoulda just went skating.  Also with surfing you get as much stand up time on your surfboard in a lifetime as you do in a month on your skateboard.

Oath.

Christian Fletcher's bang on with this shit.
Surfer's are so selfish in the water, which is understandable given the rarity of good waves for most.

As soon as someone starts ruling on a Skateboard, everyone's getting hyped.

The one I find most ironic is how Skaters are often way too fucking cool for everyone, especially other skaters, when the majority of us ended up Skating as a result of being weirdo's, outcasts and general nerds that never found a place on the football field, etc.

Not Local

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 08:02:40 AM »

Correct. I think it was C Fletcher who said, "Show up at the skatepark and everyone is stoked to see you. Show up at the surf and no one is stoked to see you." Surf culture is the worst. Scoring good waves with a few friends is unparalleled.

jomeara1

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
I've had a lot of fun snowboarding but I hate it when people say "oh but since you skateboard you should have no problem snowboarding because its like the same thing except with snow."  Couldn't be more wrong 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
Whatever dude....I learned frontside indys first day.....

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:14 PM »
Whatever dude....I learned frontside indys first day.....

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretend snowboarding on your skateboard is actually more fun than snowboarding.  I've snowboarded some shit in my time but eventually figured that out and ditched all the wet heavey equipment.
[close]

I can imagine. Sounds like a nightmare just to get to a mountain, plus all the costs. Sounds like Crossfit to me, in other words, fuck that.

It kinda is, unless snowboarding just happens to really be your "thing", you've got a lot of money, or you live in a ski town already.

I used to snowboard in my teens, but I can't imagine going back to it now. It's so complicated, expensive, there's usually always travel involved, etc.. What always keeps me coming back to skateboarding is the simplicity. I also like that I can pretty much keep my setup with me anywhere I go 24/7 365, when you skate a lot it really can become a part of your every day life (plus you never need that much money or a special place/conditions to do it).

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
SSX Tricky was a super rad game

SSX was bomb, this was the OG game:

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Truth ^

Doing FS Boardslides through a 15m down flat down is so unachievable on a Skateboard, but way in reach on a Snowboard and the feeling is fucking awesome.

Also: Powder.

Finally, Surfing is our grandfather activity and I guarantee a tonne of us will end up logging or burning around on 7ft Fish's & twin fins once we get older. Especially with the advent of Kelly's Wave Pool.

Yup, surfing is my plan for when I get to that "almost going to die, but can still do shit" age. I hate water though, so that's gonna be an issue.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »
Forgot to mention, both Shaun White & Iouri Podlitchakov are piss weak compared to Ayumu Hirano.

Since Kazu showed up ~15 years ago, Japan have been as dominant in Superpipe as Canada & Norway have been in Slopestyle, yet they're only just getting the recognition that they deserve.

Ayumu got robbed in the last 5 ring circus.
After he annihilated the X Games last weekend, he better be heading home with that Golden Circle....

(Anyone following the Olympics this week?)

Saw that kid ripping vert when he was about 5, amazing how he has blown up. Remember his dad being a super nice guy. Would like to see him skate now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUKTOw3f5Q8

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »
Snowboarding is sick. It's what you do in the winter when you can't skate when you grow up in the mountains in Canada. Being a kid and riding with the snow crew all winter, so fun.

Olympic snowboarding is lame. This is the real shit.

https://youtu.be/Sxrmk7vWR1w

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2018, 01:41:28 PM »
The actually act of snowboarding is pretty fun but everything else is really really lame. It's kind of like buy yourself an 'alternative' lifestyle. Bunch of lame white people in shitty clothes throwing up gang signs in photos.

At least with skating and surfing it is pretty difficult so anyone out there doing it has put a bit time into it and has your respect for that at least. Snowboarding you can show up on your first day and get down the hill fine. The other thing is it ain't that fun unless you have really good snow. On icy pistes it is shite, I'd actually rather ski in anything but powder.