Author Topic: SOLO: A Star Wars Story  (Read 3464 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: SOLO: A Star Wars Story
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 06:26:09 AM »
With the last reveal, their shinanigans felt like a minor Clone Wars event that didn’t warrant a Clone Wars episode.

I was aware of that being "a thing" in the cartoons that I don't watch but it seemed lame to bring it into the live action movies. That and a new "shadow syndicate" or whatever you want to call it felt like "MCU cross platform world building" at its worst.

Can't wait to see that dredged up in the Netflix series, COMING SOON!

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »
Glover did a straight up Billy Dee impersonation and was likable

I saw an interview with Glover where he talks about meeting Billy Dee with the intention of really picking his brain, and breaking down the character but the only advice Billy Dee gave was, "I don't know just be charming, man"
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2018, 10:47:46 AM »
Late to the party, but I also didn’t love or hate it. Still enjoyed the movie for what it was. Biggest pluses was I liked the overall look of all the places in the film, the effects, Woody Harrelson and Ron Howards ugly little brother.

Negative shit about Solo
-Hans height threw me off and the actor in general
-Donald Glover doing a “Lando” impersonation. The voice was on point but didn’t feel believable at some points
-Darth Maul cameo. Fan service or set up for future films? Does he speak in the cartoon? Besides his cartwheel kicks, him being mute was what made him “cool” in Episode 1. It was really corny and uneccessary when he flexed on Danerys by unleashing his lightsaber, it felt like a nod to reasure the viewer that he was in fact, the Darth Maul.

As a new Disney Star Wars film, I liked it better than The Last Jedi. Shit was garbage.

jomeara1

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2018, 07:50:12 AM »
Late to the party, but I also didn’t love or hate it. Still enjoyed the movie for what it was. Biggest pluses was I liked the overall look of all the places in the film, the effects, Woody Harrelson and Ron Howards ugly little brother.

Negative shit about Solo
-Donald Glover doing a “Lando” impersonation. The voice was on point but didn’t feel believable at some points
-Darth Maul cameo. Fan service or set up for future films? Does he speak in the cartoon? Besides his cartwheel kicks, him being mute was what made him “cool” in Episode 1. It was really corny and uneccessary when he flexed on Danerys by unleashing his lightsaber, it felt like a nod to reasure the viewer that he was in fact, the Darth Maul.

As a new Disney Star Wars film, I liked it better than The Last Jedi. Shit was garbage.

Yeah there’s an episode of his brother finding him on some remote junk planet, and I’m pretty sure he speaks in it. Pretty cool episode actually and the series is actually pretty damn good.
Agree about TLJ. I walked out of the theatre hoping that we all just got punked or something, like it was really the new space balls movie and the real last Jedi has yet to come out still.

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Negative shit about Solo

[close]

Yeah there’s an episode of his brother finding him on some remote junk planet, and I’m pretty sure he speaks in it. Pretty cool episode actually and the series is actually pretty damn good.
Agree about TLJ. I walked out of the theatre hoping that we all just got punked or something, like it was really the new space balls movie and the real last Jedi has yet to come out still.

-Princess Leia foating in space. I looked around my theatre in shock on how awful that scene was.
-Rey and Ren using Force Facetime
-Rey acknowledging shirtless Ren
-Luke throwing the lightsaber
-Luke throwing the dirt off his shoulder
-No lightsaber dual between Luke and Ren. So dissappointing for one of Star Wars most important characters going out the way he did

jomeara1

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Negative shit about Solo

[close]

[close]

-Princess Leia foating in space. I looked around my theatre in shock on how awful that scene was.
-Rey and Ren using Force Facetime
-Rey acknowledging shirtless Ren
-Luke throwing the lightsaber
-Luke throwing the dirt off his shoulder
-No lightsaber dual between Luke and Ren. So dissappointing for one of Star Wars most important characters going out the way he did

Yup. You pretty much nailed all the reasons why I hated that movie.  Especially the way Luke was and how he went out.  As soon as he chucked the lightsaber over his shoulder I knew the movie was going to leave a sour taste in my mouth.  The brushing of the shoulder thing was the last straw for me and my reaction was pretty much the same as that Jerry Seinfeld gif where he throws his hands up and walks out of the theatre.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
Well I can see someone did a thread on this turd of a story, well where to begin if anyones really wanting to do research theres a series of books called the Han Solo series by AC Crispin. Rebel Dawn Paradise Snare and Hutts Gambit. excellent books btw but highly doubt they used the backstory for this turd of a movie.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass