Author Topic: Dill 9 Club  (Read 7267 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
Re: Dill 9 Club
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:15 AM »
I enjoyed it, I’d love to have had some Dylan stories. When all these dudes do other stuff they seem to get some dope stories about Dylan out of em where as these guys seems to avoid the topic unless the bring it up. Crob just straight up asked why 2016 was the worst year seemingly ignorant to the fact Dylan passed and the toll it took on the company with him being their most prominent pro and all.

I want to know which real am was hating on the name to nakel. As for the biting and blocking comment he only mentioned the holographic being an issue and no one has one so I’m assuming he’s calling out a wood shop or something.  Who cares he puts himself on somewhat of pedestal , he obviously really appreciates the culture and the stuff he’s appropriating. Hopefully kids take note and look more Into the stuff he’s inspired by. I think it’s needed right now. I had a kid today and ask me a few other dudes at the park if we grew up when they’d flip kick flips with their hands . I’m 25 and and my buddies 22. The history of skating and the age a lot of us on here are hyped on seems lost on kids these days and it’s only been like 6-7 years of the whole social media, free full length and solo part era took off.  Dill said himself In this episode the key to making a company is narcissism and over confidence , seems he follows his own advice, and it seems to being working for him. This was sick and I’m glad we have dudes like him in the industry doing everything themselves just for the love that has to be added stress on top of still being expected to Skate at a pro level.

I’d actually love to see him sit and down and talk with Ellington and Reynolds about running board companies and still skating and their different approcahes to the business side of it. Reynolds has always outwardly said he is more of hands off owner when it comes to the business and overall running of the company and focuses on skating and scouting new talent and stuff and middle manning for hr type stuff but his position has likely shifted more to dealing with business stuff as they became a distributor. Dill started FA at a way later age so I’d be interested in hearing his views on it having essentially run workshops team stuff but not their overall image or products.

If only we could get pros to start pushing for smaller shoe brands but at least boards are selling well enough that smaller independent brands can survive. Though Id guess with FA soft goods and small production runs fuel their success instead of selling a  bunch of boards.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 01:39:13 AM »
Bill posted something on Instagram from this interview where Dill was talking shit on dads and Rieder’s dad left some odd comments on it, I got a screenshot but I can’t post it for some reason.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Jim

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 01:55:19 AM »
kinda odd

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 02:23:32 AM »
kinda odd
I hope his account was hacked or he was drunk and misinterpreted that quote out of context (it evolved from Dill talking about his dad going to jail).

Maybe he just has a bunch of resentment towards Dill as he appears to blame Dill for giving Dylan drugs.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 02:54:20 AM »
He’s dads seemed off his rocker for a minute from what I saw lurking through his insta after Dylan died. Bummer if he feels that way as I feel like Dylan wasn’t influenced by those guys usage and his problems were all his own and he chose his poison on his own. It’s always felt like Dill really loved and was incredibly inspired by Dylan’s passion and spirit and hence took him in and pushed his career choices. All of The Dylan’s stories people tell portray and incredibly driven and self aware person. I just don’t see him being used or influenced by another person close to him. At least not with drugs and stuff.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 04:46:23 AM »
He’s dads seemed off his rocker for a minute from what I saw lurking through his insta after Dylan died. Bummer if he feels that way as I feel like Dylan wasn’t influenced by those guys usage and his problems were all his own and he chose his poison on his own. It’s always felt like Dill really loved and was incredibly inspired by Dylan’s passion and spirit and hence took him in and pushed his career choices. All of The Dylan’s stories people tell portray and incredibly driven and self aware person. I just don’t see him being used or influenced by another person close to him. At least not with drugs and stuff.

I too saw that and agree with that. Also, even if Dylan's epicly later'd, Dill talks about how Dylan was "more fucked up than him". I actually stopped following Rieder's dad on instagram because it became too much. And in terms of what brand Dill is referring to, it's definitely WKND. He hates Grant and Molinar.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 04:51:59 AM »
Why does he hate Molinar? I still don’t see where WKND has copied FA.
p-shuvs and v-flips

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 04:56:01 AM »
He misspelled poosey.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 05:07:41 AM »
I actually stopped following Rieder's dad on instagram because it became too much.
understatement of the year.

If I could give advice to myself 5 minutes ago, it would be to just assume he's always been/will be a good guy and not go to Dylan's dad's insta
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:09:39 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 06:08:31 AM »
Sorry to say as a parent losing your child would be the worst thing no matter how your child was taken. I’m sure a lot of it is Dylan’s dad Is venting and has a lot of frustration with wanting to blame somebody. I usually don’t post serious stuff on this message board at all. I think in general losing a loved one no matter how it happened you want to blame somebody.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:58 AM »
So, does doing pills cause leukemia now?
How could those horrible assholes give his son drugs?
Fuck outta here.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
"fuck you and chill."