Author Topic: Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Utrecht  (Read 1255 times)

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 16
Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Utrecht
« on: February 01, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »
 Going to the Netherlands next month for spring break. Any must hit spots in these cities especially Amsterdam? Thanks guys.

tkp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
Re: Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Utrecht
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
red light district.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
red light district.

Yep, that's also an option. The ATM's usually run out of cash (seriously), so if you are going to support a sex worker, be prepared for that. $60 for suck and fucks. Personally, I couldn't roll the dice on that gamble, but exploring the district is a whole experience in itself.

skatefarm

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 01:26:36 AM »
Amsterdam has a really good indoor park called Noord (it's partially owned by SB though). The weather hasn't been that good lately so that might have to be your option in Amsterdam, there are spots but you have to dig quite deep generally. People usually skate Olympia Plein, smooth basketball court with a ledge etc.

Local shop in Amsterdam: Ben G.

Rotterdam looks like it was made for skateboarding, tons of good spots in the city and very little trouble from the authorities. Only old people generally complain. We go there all the time in summer. But as said before, the weather hasn't been that great lately so you'll get a couple of rain free days if you're lucky.

Utrecht I'm not too sure about.

Hope this helps somewhat.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 01:55:19 AM »
Amsterdam indoor : skatepark Noord, very street-y-, skateshop either Ben-G or Toms (indoor micro ramp), i prefer the latter.

Utrecht: SPU (SkatePark Utrecht) big indoor, wood, some spots outdoors but not too familiar

Rotterdam: most (enough) spots all cruisable distance from eachother whereas Amsterdam a bike is mandatory really. Big concrete skatepark in centre of city called Westblaak, from there people usualy go around.

either way all cities within 1.5 hours by train from eachother

but yea, if the weathers good and your in Amsterdam youll find people at Olympia, lights there aswell untill 10 (gets dark at 6 now)

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 01:04:00 PM »
I'm going there for a day or two next month. Going to eat some truffles and check out some gardens and parks. Any recommendations on food or where to stay for cheapish

ledgendary

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »
Like has been pointed out already, Rotterdam should be your place to go. Since it was bombed during WWII, everything is relatively new and there's spots all around the city center.

Amsterdam definitely has good spots, but they're more spread out and the old city centre is pretty much no good for skating. Would recommend the indoor park though.

Utrecht has spots, but also not as close to each other.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ;) From the Rotterdam area myself.