Author Topic: Accel Slim / Accelerate  (Read 2036 times)

vichka fonarev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Accel Slim / Accelerate
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:49:22 PM »
Real interested in picking one of these, however they have a fairly steep price tag so I wanted to get some input from others first.

1) which is more durable, and are they durable at all?
2)does the accel slim warrant an extra $20 (tactics.com prixing)
3) how do they fit. Do they run small, true to size? Are they wide,  narrow. (Comparsins to the Maranas would be much appreciated.)

Thanks guys.

BMCsteve

Re: Accel Slim / Accelerate
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »
I'm skating the Accelerate right now and they're great.  It's my first cupsole in 5+ years and the first "modern" cupsole that I've skated.  Overall it's a great shoe.  Good board feel, durable suede, etc

The fit is true to size but the toe box is a little slim.  My feet are pretty average so they work well for me.  I could see someone feeling cramped if you have a wide foot

Nice review here -

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
I had the Accelerates but returned them for another pair of Emerica Figgys.

I liked the blue/black combo and they felt really comfy. I had to get a 10.5, normally I wear a 10.

they looked a bit bulky looking down at them and too many seams/stitching for my taste.

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
re: Accel Slim, swapping the plain elastic tongue stabilizers for neoprene.... why??

I'd never noticed this part of the shoe digging into my feet before but now it does, on the seam! They seem good though couple of hours in otherwise.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:07:31 PM »
I haven't skated the Accelerate but the Accel slim is one of the more durable shoes I've skated in the last few years. As it's been said a million times before, the insoles are not great so if you are hucking you may want to get some fp's or something.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »
I didn’t like the accelerates. I guess the STI foam or whatever there sole is is super Cush. Good for chilling but i could feel the cushion. It made me paranoid. I loved the skins. Neither of which last as long as the marana. Accel  has a better feel and I’d much rather skate them.

drinny

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »
I think I've finally broken out whatever nubbin was crimping behind my right little toe. So yeah, these are cool.

open question - what aftermarket insoles are closest to the ORIGINAL original Es insole? i.e. the one with the separate small arch support (really important!) and sorbothane blob?

currently that's about the only one I've found that my feet are still happy with, the flat STI thing is worthless except maybe in a hiking boot. so I currently seem to recycle this one insole like some people hang on to broken-in bushings....

drinny

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 01:39:49 PM »
While I'm moaning. When are they bringing back the plain black color!!? Most of the current selections are not good....

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »
i personally didn’t skate the accelerates but a homie had them and he liked them a lot. i did have the accel slims though and i can definitely recommend them, they are durable, the fit is nice and snug and they skate very well
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate