Author Topic: Help a brother with Carhartt pants  (Read 9459 times)

JumpManShorty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -86
Help a brother with Carhartt pants
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »
What's the pair that everyone is rocking these days? Look like awesome pants. Is there a pair that's the '874' of carhartts?

micky682

Re: Help a brother with Carhartt pants
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:57:54 PM »
Want to know this too, with dickies there's the 874 but carhartt has too many options.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:27:29 PM »
i wear the b11. it’s a carpenter style with hammer loop and ruler pocket. it’s the washed duck material with the classic dungaree fit. loose straight leg. max palmer style. closest to 874 would be the twill work pant (not sure of the product number) but it’s a straight leg pleated material similar to dickies. al davis wore the b07 in his converse fastbreak ad on youtube, and delatorre wore some of the double knee washed duck pants in some clips on instagram. i’ve been meaning to try the double knee washed duck for a while. you can usually find factory seconds for half price on dungarees.com and sierra trading post. i’ve never bought into the WIP stuff since it’s tough to return if you get it shipped to the usa and it’s pretty much the exact same style as the normal carhartt stuff.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:32:47 PM »
I wear the skill pant. It's my third or fourth pair of carhatt pants and they're the only ones that are baggy/stretchy enough to properly skate in. I feel like Dickies have to be worn in and smell like shit after skating in for like 2 hours. You won't really have that problem with these.

Diocletian

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »
The Carhartt B11 is a legendary pant for tradesman. However, unless you wanna feel like you’re wearing a super heavy sheet of canvas on your legs that is so stiff it could stand up on its own, I wouldn’t recommend them. Even after several washes, they are still uncomfortably stiff, heavy, and scratchy. The sizing is always off when you buy different colors. One pair may feel ok, the next pair in a different color in the same waist/length will be totally off. Quality control went downhill with Carhartt years ago. That’s why tradesman are going with Duluth now and for good reason. Duluth makes really quality stuff.

The best all around pant that dickies makes is the Flex line. Either the relaxed or loose fit (I go with loose as I’m a big dude). They are completely unrestrictive unlike the crappy overly hyped 874 and have a thinner more breathable material. After a few washes they feel very soft and last forever. The price is where it should be, only about $20-$25 a pair. I have 5 of them.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 11:23:06 PM »
I have the B290 Work Pant.
It is baggier than a 874 if you take the same size, but the quality and fit is good !
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:51 AM »
The Carhartt B11 is a legendary pant for tradesman. However, unless you wanna feel like you’re wearing a super heavy sheet of canvas on your legs that is so stiff it could stand up on its own, I wouldn’t recommend them. Even after several washes, they are still uncomfortably stiff, heavy, and scratchy. The sizing is always off when you buy different colors. One pair may feel ok, the next pair in a different color in the same waist/length will be totally off. Quality control went downhill with Carhartt years ago. That’s why tradesman are going with Duluth now and for good reason. Duluth makes really quality stuff.

The best all around pant that dickies makes is the Flex line. Either the relaxed or loose fit (I go with loose as I’m a big dude). They are completely unrestrictive unlike the crappy overly hyped 874 and have a thinner more breathable material. After a few washes they feel very soft and last forever. The price is where it should be, only about $20-$25 a pair. I have 5 of them.

i have noticed some pairs are off in the sizing, but i still like the heavier feel. ive gotten used to it and they are a nice winter weight pant.

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:22:32 AM »

I'm wearing a pair of grey Dickies Flex pants right now.  I work in an office and they pass for business casual!  They are the best all around pant I've had in years!  I got em for about $20 at Walmart.  I'm planning to buy a pair in every color!  The length is tad longer than I expected but the comfort level made up for it. 
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:46:36 PM »
Was hoping this was asking for assistance in removing said Carhartt pants.

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
It is baggier than a 874 if you take the same size, but the quality and fit is good !

he is correct. my favorite pant

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 02:54:48 AM »

Yeah. These fit better and are even more durable than 874 but look the same

Latarian Milton

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
B290= Dickies 874, flares out a bit at the bottom but that's what's hot right now.

B151= Canvas version of the B11, lighter weight than the duck cotton.

B11 is the single front, B136 is the double front. B01 is the shrink-to-fit style with the golden rivets that Alex Olson wore while kickflipping that bank in LA in the 916 video.

I have a pair of WIP double front pants and I hate how they fit, save your money and buy the traditional Carhartt pants. Beanies are also exactly the same as WIP according to a rep, but half the price.

The Rugged Flex Rigby pants are legit, 2% spandex for that stretch and the fit is nice.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
I bought a pair of the WIP single knee work pants about 8 months ago, I wear them almost every day and usually skate in them. They have really minimal signs of wear and not a single rip even after eating shit bombing a hill home from work. The quality is great so I highly recommend getting some. Definitely worth the money

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
from experience i would go up a size or 2 in the waist. i find levis are generally tts but carhartt seems to fit even tighter, unless i'm fat but i don't think i'm fat.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 03:24:40 PM »
from experience i would go up a size or 2 in the waist. i find levis are generally tts but carhartt seems to fit even tighter, unless i'm fat but i don't think i'm fat.

their wip stuff runs pretty big. I normally wear 32s but had to get a 30

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys, wasn't expecting so many. The B151 sounds alright, can anyone vouch for them?

Sad Hippo

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
B324 are my favorite. They're like the B11, but washed twill. Soft but durable, relaxed fit but not super baggy. Super good pants. I don't like duck or other canvas pants, they feel crazy to skate in.
http://www.carhartt.com/products/Washed-Twill-Dungaree---Relaxed-Fit-B324

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »
B324 are my favorite. They're like the B11, but washed twill. Soft but durable, relaxed fit but not super baggy. Super good pants. I don't like duck or other canvas pants, they feel crazy to skate in.
http://www.carhartt.com/products/Washed-Twill-Dungaree---Relaxed-Fit-B324

These sound perfect. At 32 my wife would love it if I stopped going around in the boxy-ass 13" loose fit Dickies shorts (which I guess I'm finally willing, after 18 years, to admit are an imperfect article of clothing) and these would work as pants and shorts. It's a bummer most of Carhartt's shorts are 10" inseam but these should do the trick.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
Bit of a difference between Carhartt the workwear brand and Carhartt WIP the streetwear brand, which is big in Europe.  Picked up a few pairs of the Carhartt Vicious jeans in twill and denim, they quickly become one of my favourites - classy fit, stretchy enough (but not too much), all that sort of thing.  A local shop had 2 pairs for E100, so worked out ok - https://www.carhartt-wip.com/en/men-denim/vicious-pant-grey-stone-coast-1500_1

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »
I buy the double knee in 36 size all black
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 09:10:07 AM »
I rock these, don't really have much use for tool pockets.
http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-pants/Twill-Work-Pant-B290

All you got is today, get out and skate.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »
I rock these, don't really have much use for tool pockets.
http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-pants/Twill-Work-Pant-B290

these are a good alternative to 874's. they run tts, and are a looser fit (straight loose, 874's have a tapered leg or atleast are not that wide).

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »
in terms of carhartt jeans which ones are good ? or at least close to the dickies 874

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
in terms of carhartt jeans which ones are good ? or at least close to the dickies 874

ive got the b17 which is a relaxed fit. they are tapered, but looser than a Levis 501. id say in between an 874 and 501. I haven't had any other carhartt jeans, but id like to try the pair of double knee logger jeans, the dark wash ones that are the loose original fit, same as a b11.