Author Topic: Riding The Rails/Hostels  (Read 1280 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
Riding The Rails/Hostels
« on: February 19, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »
Do any of you have experience doing long term train trips? I'm planning on a 30 day trip via the Amtrak pass. (Sea-Chi-NY-ATL-NOLA-HOU-AUS-LA-SF-PDX-Sea). Just wondering if anyone on here has reccomendations on Gear (Skate/Travel), Places to hit, Advice on Hostels, etc. This will be my first long term trip and i've only been to CHI, SF, and PDX before so the middle chunk will be all new territory.

Thanks in advance!

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Re: Riding The Rails/Hostels
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 08:11:12 AM »
Do any of you have experience doing long term train trips? I'm planning on a 30 day trip via the Amtrak pass. (Sea-Chi-NY-ATL-NOLA-HOU-AUS-LA-SF-PDX-Sea). Just wondering if anyone on here has reccomendations on Gear (Skate/Travel), Places to hit, Advice on Hostels, etc. This will be my first long term trip and i've only been to CHI, SF, and PDX before so the middle chunk will be all new territory.

Thanks in advance!
Well dog I've been doing that for quite sometime and eneded in 11' however recommendations for spots and textbook other stuff your inquiring about. Just kick it at each different sk8 shop tell em your story and someone will sort you out. Now essentials for gear now you've been to the south well it gets humid as fuck, socks and drawer's aplenty to help with swampass. Everything else is common knowledge just be cool don't act like an idiot and you'll be straight
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »
Hell ya, that sounds rad.

Start with a fairly new pair of shoes.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:17:18 PM »
Hell ya, that sounds rad.

Start with a fairly new pair of shoes.

I'm thinking about setting up a brand new deck and retiring it as a wall hanger after the trip (30+) days. Definitely looking forward to hitting up a bunch of different parks/shops on my way around. So far if as long as I manage to sell some old glass blowing equipment I should hit my mark and be able to head out near the end of June.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just reserved my tickets.
I'll be in...
Chicago june 28-1st (july)
NY 2nd-5th
ATL 6th-9th
NOLA 9th-11th
ATX 12th-15th
LA 16th-19th
SF 19th-23rd
Maybe PDX for a day

I have a spot to stay in ATL and SF maybe NY/CHI. If any PALS have a spare couch I can crash at then let me know in the next day or so and I can try to hook you up with something. I could probably throw down some indy 149s or bones stf v2 55s as payment or just take you out for a meal and a beer. I'm gunna start booking hostel rooms in the next 24-48 hours. I drink and smoke but I have no problem doing it low key and i'm quiet and respectful of peoples houses.

Also if anyone just wants to skate or grab a drink somewhere i'd also be just as grateful. Most places i'm hitting i've never been to.