Author Topic: Hypebeast buys majority stake in Berrics  (Read 8595 times)

natenola forever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hypebeast buys majority stake in Berrics
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
Expand Quote
"We were sitting in there one day. It was a rainy Saturday. It was Eric, myself, and about 15 other guys. It’s like, man, if a bomb blew up in this place, skateboarding would be done. It was all the best dudes in the world, right?"
-sb

Classic Berra hyperbole and delusions of grandeur regarding not only himself, but Californian pro skateboarders.
[close]
Say Eric Koston drown in a swimming pool later this week, could you imagine saying "rest in peace eric koston" in like a year like for Harold or PStone? Fuck that.
I've never seen that quote before but it's completely ripped from a 90s quote from Rodney Mullen that if World Park blew up right now skateboarding would be setback a bunch of years, kinda lame if Berra really stole that shit and tried to claim it

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »
I can't help but wonder if this deal is Koston selling his shares...

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
the quotes, the 'trailer', this is just way too much Stephan berra for one day

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 12:50:31 PM »
Haven't seen that trailer in like 15 years. Looks like a cry for help (that no one will answer)

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »
The fuck is Hypebeast? Bunch of nobodies?

Dude, it's obviously a beast that is hyped. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
The fuck is Hypebeast? Bunch of nobodies?
[close]

Dude, it's obviously a beast that is hyped.

It seems like it’s a bunch of Asian American girls that repost brands’ press releases with bad titles and worse subtitling

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/culture-juggernaut-hypebeast-takes-a-majority-stake-in-the-berrics-to-make-skating-huge-again-still/

Expand Quote
Currently, when you walk into The Berrics through its unassuming front door and down a short hallway you come right into the high-ceilinged park itself. Each section of the walls lining the space is sponsored. Here is a faux 7-11 storefront, there a chunk of wall decorated with the Red Camera logo — a favorite of Berra who is also an accomplished filmmaker.
[close]

Since when?
[close]

He probably told them to add that.
[close]

call me crazy but i feel like i remember a trailer for a movie by steve berra after the credits of cky2k-circle of people all pointing guns at each other?
am i trippin?
[close]

[close]

This could just be a sizzle reel for investors, or the film was shot and couldn’t get distribution.  Maybe now Berra can live his 90s dreams of being a indie Chateau Marmont denizen

You sell your family out for Scientology and the subsequent hollywood connections and all you can get out it is Leo Fitzpatrick and some shakey VX cinematographer? Bum deal.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/culture-juggernaut-hypebeast-takes-a-majority-stake-in-the-berrics-to-make-skating-huge-again-still/

Expand Quote
Currently, when you walk into The Berrics through its unassuming front door and down a short hallway you come right into the high-ceilinged park itself. Each section of the walls lining the space is sponsored. Here is a faux 7-11 storefront, there a chunk of wall decorated with the Red Camera logo — a favorite of Berra who is also an accomplished filmmaker.
[close]

Since when?
[close]

He probably told them to add that.
[close]

call me crazy but i feel like i remember a trailer for a movie by steve berra after the credits of cky2k-circle of people all pointing guns at each other?
am i trippin?
[close]

[close]

This could just be a sizzle reel for investors, or the film was shot and couldn’t get distribution.  Maybe now Berra can live his 90s dreams of being a indie Chateau Marmont denizen
[close]

You sell your family out for Scientology and the subsequent hollywood connections and all you can get out it is Leo Fitzpatrick and some shakey VX cinematographer? Bum deal.

Hah I was thinking about this too.  My guess is, he failed on his own, then hooked up Xenu and got a spot on Felicity.  Surprised he doesn’t try and claim he used to work with JJ Abrams

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
"We were sitting in there one day. It was a rainy Saturday. It was Eric, myself, and about 15 other guys. It’s like, man, if a bomb blew up in this place, skateboarding would be done. It was all the best dudes in the world, right?"
-sb

Classic Berra hyperbole and delusions of grandeur regarding not only himself, but Californian pro skateboarders.
[close]
Say Eric Koston drown in a swimming pool later this week, could you imagine saying "rest in peace eric koston" in like a year like for Harold or PStone? Fuck that.

I mean, yea.

I’m not even a big Koston guy and Steve Berrics quote was delusional but yea Koston would be celebrated forever like those guys, probably more.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »

stephen of steve
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:28:24 PM by poowizard »

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 05:16:51 PM »
Who was the poster that always had the breakdown of financial matters, need him to clarify this.

On a quick read it looks like:
Hypebeast puts in $750K for 51% of the JV
The Berrics puts in their business (valued at $2.4M) for 49%
The new JV assumes $1M debt/liabilities from the Berrics.

So I guess they sold 51% of the berrics for $1.75M, or is it $1.25M since they are still on the hook 49% of the $1M liabilities.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
i feel sorry for sebo wasting all that paint on the mural

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:41 PM »
Expand Quote
-sb

[close]

Do ppl actually think like this? like no one would miss koston because he's mean on IG and plays golf
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

shark tits

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2018, 07:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
-sb

[close]
[close]

Do ppl actually think like this? like no one would miss koston because he's mean on IG and plays golf
far as i'm concerned he died when he pick up the sand wedge

thomas kook

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 12:17:28 AM »
i wonder if one of the conditions was that berra has to reply to every instagram post that meets his eyes. just saw him comment 'so Rad, ben!!' on a picture of him kissing his dad. seems auto comment bot-y to me now that i think of it actually, the same 5 generic phrases on every fucking post. maybe borphy hooked him up

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 02:34:21 AM »

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 04:38:44 AM »
I hope this means they'll start carrying Vetements in their shop.
Lmao

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 04:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
The Company

The Company was incorporated in the Cayman Islands with limited liability and the shares of the Company have been listed on the GEM of the Stock Exchange since 11 April 2016. The Company is a digital media company which is primarily engaged in (i) the provision of advertising services to brand owners and advertising agencies on its digital media platforms; and (ii) the sale of third-party branded clothing, shoes and accessories on its e-commerce platform.

Hypebeast, Inc.

Hypebeast, Inc. is a company established in Delaware, the United States and an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. It is principally engaged in the digital media segment in the United States.
[close]

tax dodgers

Dela-Where?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »
I hope this means they'll start carrying Vetements in their shop.

and virgil abloh nikes
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Company

The Company was incorporated in the Cayman Islands with limited liability and the shares of the Company have been listed on the GEM of the Stock Exchange since 11 April 2016. The Company is a digital media company which is primarily engaged in (i) the provision of advertising services to brand owners and advertising agencies on its digital media platforms; and (ii) the sale of third-party branded clothing, shoes and accessories on its e-commerce platform.

Hypebeast, Inc.

Hypebeast, Inc. is a company established in Delaware, the United States and an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. It is principally engaged in the digital media segment in the United States.
[close]

tax dodgers
[close]

Dela-Where?

calvinsdream

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
-sb

[close]
[close]

[close]
far as i'm concerned he died when he pick up the sand wedge

Glad somebody said it.

shark tits

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Company

Hypebeast, Inc.

[close]

tax dodgers
[close]

Dela-Where?
[close]

dela-cratic

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:31 AM »
Cayman, my ass!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
Who was the poster that always had the breakdown of financial matters, need him to clarify this.

On a quick read it looks like:
Hypebeast puts in $750K for 51% of the JV
The Berrics puts in their business (valued at $2.4M) for 49%
The new JV assumes $1M debt/liabilities from the Berrics.

So I guess they sold 51% of the berrics for $1.75M, or is it $1.25M since they are still on the hook 49% of the $1M liabilities.
I hope this means they can finally pay people so we get Biebel and Leo’s push parts. More likely they just in serious debt to banks and couldn’t make the payments.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
Lol. It’s happening

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:49:18 PM by VHS ERA »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 07:44:04 PM »
Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta like a slightly less sexy Sean Pablo

shit_for_brains

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »
Remember that movie Closer where Sean Pablo almost shows her butthole

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »
Lol. It’s happening

Science Fiction so good, Berra’s interested in joining the author’s religion

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2018, 08:03:47 PM »
Remember that movie Closer where Sean Pablo almost shows her butthole
Mmhmmm

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2018, 05:35:13 AM »
For  $750,000. I wonder how much more valuable the business would have been 5 years ago. Anyway, two things I don't care about becoming one bigger thing I don't care about is kind of nice, one less thing for me to not care about.

8)

Care factor = 0 x 0 = 0