Author Topic: Hypebeast buys majority stake in Berrics  (Read 8544 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

hey pickle

Re: Hypebeast buys majority stake in Berrics
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:43:52 AM »
finally some good news

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:20:29 AM »
hypebeast in business with scientologist. excellent.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21:31 AM »
Berra of The Berrics?

Also, Berrics only worth $1.4M? Buying The Skateboard Mag probably didn't do 'em any favors, either.

ungzilla

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:50 AM »
The Company

The Company was incorporated in the Cayman Islands with limited liability and the shares of the Company have been listed on the GEM of the Stock Exchange since 11 April 2016. The Company is a digital media company which is primarily engaged in (i) the provision of advertising services to brand owners and advertising agencies on its digital media platforms; and (ii) the sale of third-party branded clothing, shoes and accessories on its e-commerce platform.

Hypebeast, Inc.

Hypebeast, Inc. is a company established in Delaware, the United States and an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company. It is principally engaged in the digital media segment in the United States.

tax dodgers

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:55:25 AM »
For  $750,000. I wonder how much more valuable the business would have been 5 years ago. Anyway, two things I don't care about becoming one bigger thing I don't care about is kind of nice, one less thing for me to not care about.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:58:04 AM »
https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/culture-juggernaut-hypebeast-takes-a-majority-stake-in-the-berrics-to-make-skating-huge-again-still/

Currently, when you walk into The Berrics through its unassuming front door and down a short hallway you come right into the high-ceilinged park itself. Each section of the walls lining the space is sponsored. Here is a faux 7-11 storefront, there a chunk of wall decorated with the Red Camera logo — a favorite of Berra who is also an accomplished filmmaker.

Since when?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 07:12:39 AM »
Now that Berra has less power, do they finally do something about the dude who sodomizes people with a screwdriver?

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 07:50:24 AM »
The board of directors consists of three people (two from HB one from The berries.)

Berra doesn't even call the shots at his own business anymore. I didn't read the entire thing, but is he still allowed to tell people how stupid they are via Instagram?

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »
That deal has been in the works for over a year, surprised it actually went through.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2128
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 08:02:57 AM »
For  $750,000. I wonder how much more valuable the business would have been 5 years ago. Anyway, two things I don't care about becoming one bigger thing I don't care about is kind of nice, one less thing for me to not care about.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/20/culture-juggernaut-hypebeast-takes-a-majority-stake-in-the-berrics-to-make-skating-huge-again-still/

Expand Quote
Currently, when you walk into The Berrics through its unassuming front door and down a short hallway you come right into the high-ceilinged park itself. Each section of the walls lining the space is sponsored. Here is a faux 7-11 storefront, there a chunk of wall decorated with the Red Camera logo — a favorite of Berra who is also an accomplished filmmaker.
[close]

Since when?

He probably told them to add that.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 08:08:44 AM »
Is Eric involved any more, is this his way of cutting ties with berra

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 08:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Since when?
[close]

call me crazy but i feel like i remember a trailer for a movie by steve berra after the credits of cky2k-circle of people all pointing guns at each other?
am i trippin?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Since when?

Making a film is in itself an accomplishment.
Getting people to see said film is a much more difficult accomplishment.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2181
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
"We were sitting in there one day. It was a rainy Saturday. It was Eric, myself, and about 15 other guys. It’s like, man, if a bomb blew up in this place, skateboarding would be done. It was all the best dudes in the world, right?"
-sb

Classic Berra hyperbole and delusions of grandeur regarding not only himself, but Californian pro skateboarders.

shark tits

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:02 AM »
he directed a movie, whether it was successful.... think it was called '7-teen sips'.
slap movie cost a late night fee, steve berrics movie? straight to dvd.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2607
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »
"We were sitting in there one day. It was a rainy Saturday. It was Eric, myself, and about 15 other guys. It’s like, man, if a bomb blew up in this place, skateboarding would be done. It was all the best dudes in the world, right?"
-sb

Classic Berra hyperbole and delusions of grandeur regarding not only himself, but Californian pro skateboarders.

But dude, 16 pros in one room!!!

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

doublesteveburger

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
"keep walkin, bro"

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 09:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Since when?
[close]

One of his movies got a 20% on rotten tomatoes, the other I couldn't find any reviews so I'm assuming it was so bad even the internet refuses to believe it exists.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
Shit, i would age thought of The Berrics being worth a good bit more than that.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3271
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 09:29:34 AM »
I hope this means they'll start carrying Vetements in their shop.

bo golden

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 09:35:36 AM »
That deal has been in the works for over a year, surprised it actually went through.

That's what Chase said.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 09:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Since when?
[close]

[close]

call me crazy but i feel like i remember a trailer for a movie by steve berra after the credits of cky2k-circle of people all pointing guns at each other?
am i trippin?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGi4d8NJnw

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »
ahahah ^ A Film By Stephen Berra.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
-sb

BOMBS OVER BERRAGHDAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVehcuJXe6I

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • KISS YOUR FATHER ON THE LIPS FOR ME
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
-sb

Say Eric Koston drown in a swimming pool later this week, could you imagine saying "rest in peace eric koston" in like a year like for Harold or PStone? Fuck that.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 11:05:54 AM »
The fuck is Hypebeast? Bunch of nobodies?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Since when?
[close]

[close]

am i trippin?
[close]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGi4d8NJnw

This could just be a sizzle reel for investors, or the film was shot and couldn’t get distribution.  Maybe now Berra can live his 90s dreams of being a indie Chateau Marmont denizen