Author Topic: wireless speakers  (Read 923 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
wireless speakers
« on: February 20, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
looking for recommendations
not going over the top, not tv speakers
i like the feel of the ue boom

what do yall use to bump?

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: wireless speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »
I've had the UE Boom for probably around 5 years now. Great little thing. It's not the loudest thing out anymore, but it's nicely portable, loud enough for many situations and can take a beating and isn't afraid of a little water (or beer or any other liquids). One of my major gripes with it is that you can't charge it from a powerbank that doesn't supply exactly 500 mA anymore after some update (at least I can't from mine), so if I'm out and about and the battery runs out, I'm shit out of luck.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_us_en/speakers?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq6_UBRCEARIsAHyrgUxb2fF3xPaZ8ng7T4mRwoK1SfJC-b8xOC-gfyKGa_3jQNVHnq8otQkaApKDEALw_wcB

I've had my eyes on some of these marshalls for a while. I've need used one, but I hear they're pretty highly reviewed and I think they look way nicer than your typical modern bluetooth speaker. Expensive though. I wouldn't rely on it for an amp, but it seems to me like they really fucked up by not putting a guitar input into it. It just makes sense regardless of how much use it would actually get.

https://www.amazon.com/ROCKTECH-Bluetooth-Portable-Wireless-Waterproof/dp/B01421DQTY/ref=sr_1_48?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519147468&sr=1-48&keywords=waterproof+bluetooth+speakers

For a portable one, I bought this thing off amazon a few years ago and it's help up pretty well for a cheap one. I've went through a lot of really cheap $50< speakers over the years and this one has lasted the longest. My wife dropped it in the lake and it still works.

Surf-goth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -676
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
Jlb bluetooth speaker has great sound and is pretty loud and not very expensive. Highly recommend it
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
Sony - XB30 Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Just $79 at Best Buy. Think it is 20W.

I pretty much bump hip hop and the bass on this unit sounds pretty good in a small room. Plus, Sony just feels hip hop to me and you get a light show.