Author Topic: DIY mushrooms  (Read 1862 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
DIY mushrooms
« on: February 21, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »
Thinking about growing my own psilocybin mushrooms for the purposes of microdosing and occasionally tripping balls. Anyone got experience in this? Got any tips?

shark tits

Re: DIY mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:46:31 PM »
my dude studied under paul stamets. he's yet to give me my own spores but he's described the process to me a few times.
A/ sterility is paramount! clean surfaces, sterile plastic totes, gloves, face mask etc. there's 5 vectors of contamination, mouth, nose, hands and hair. cover it all.
B/ you need sterile wood chips. do your research on the kind. you can boil old wood chips from proper tree if no fresh cut/wood chipper. spores go onto the wood chips. cover w/ more sterile wood chips.
C/ mycelia grows best at 68F. 'mushrooms' aka the reproductive organ of mycelium [the roots and actual fungus underground] pop up at around 72F. so ideally, keep a room warm enough for mycelium to grow for a minute, becoming strong and then when it's that time, turn up the heat ever so slightly to imitate reproduction time.
D/ you'll wanna be on point. the difference between on point to over the hill can be the difference of a few hours. you'll still get mushrooms but it's apparently an exact science. i have edible mushrooms inoculated in my yard, whole lot easier but no mind enhancement.

calvinsdream

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »
An old roomate of mine used to make shrooms. Mostly having everything properly cleaned and sanitized seemed to be a large part of his success, in addition to the temperature thing.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »
i've tried to microdose and usually end up tripping.
i keep mine in honey and i feel like the 'magic' leeches into the nectar making the mushroom weaker. sometimes it works and other times, you're fullblown. i've got my mom to drop em twice this yr and she doesn't have big insights or anything so a single mushroom that's sat in honey turns into a microdose. when they're new, single cubensis will rock your socks!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
Can you give me some tips on the ins and outs of the different strains? Only times I've done mushrooms was for the specific purpose of tripping balls. We used to buy them legally from Camden Market and do shit like fly kites in Richmond Park. Last time I did them was 5am on a beach in Miami after raving hard. Never had a bad time with them at all.

shark tits

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
i'd have to talk to my buddy. he's the expert. i just know that i had some and his girl called em cubensis.
i've had periods of a bad time but it leads to epiphanies. acid is just a good time and less self doubt but you grow from bad trips or rough patches.

calvinsdream

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 05:37:53 PM »
Can you give me some tips on the ins and outs of the different strains? Only times I've done mushrooms was for the specific purpose of tripping balls. We used to buy them legally from Camden Market and do shit like fly kites in Richmond Park. Last time I did them was 5am on a beach in Miami after raving hard. Never had a bad time with them at all.

Some strains are more visual/euphoric/strong than others. My old roomate grew "penis envy" shrooms that turned my exes ass into an endless cascade of faces, but the other strain he grew were more introspective with less intense visuals.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:42:42 PM »
I heard its hard, good luck

Pigeon

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »
i'd have to talk to my buddy. he's the expert. i just know that i had some and his girl called em cubensis.
i've had periods of a bad time but it leads to epiphanies. acid is just a good time and less self doubt but you grow from bad trips or rough patches.
Cambodia cubensis...they’re white with blue crystals on the inside. They’re also more resilient, which allows more room for error (although you want to grow them in ideal conditions as much as possible. Also, they’re highly potent and give me more of a cheerful/colorful high, whereas gold and red caps are more body-high with a metallic/gloomy feeling.

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
It's not hard. At all. People half ass their way through it all the time. I'd compare it to growing weed (but easier). What I mean with that comparison is that doing it isn't difficult, but doing it well is. Fungus fortunately takes far less tech and maintenance to get top end results, it's just about more care in prep IMO.

Have you been on the shroomery? Hop on there, read your dick off, and get going. Plenty of start to finish grow logs to show you different boxes, innoculating procedures, etc.

Sterilization is your best friend, but people were doing this long before flow hoods and what not were being widely used. For a small personal stash, it doesn't have to be complicated unless you like to go as high end as possible when you do shit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:32:02 PM by sododgy »

bawtawd17

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 12:41:53 AM »
fungus makes me nuts for cowboy butts

Pigeon

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 12:59:18 AM »
fungus makes me nuts for cowboy butts
Stick to dog drugs.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »
When I lived in the Welsh valleys and it was shroom season, we used to go picking almost every other day. We would get around 1000 pieces each time we went to the hills! In the end of the season each person in my group was left with over 10,000 mushrooms when only around 50 are needed to get high. The shrooms had been dried, ground and mixed with honey to form some paste. Using this was very consistent in effect but I have never managed to microdose. If I only do a few I always get a weird sensation in my gut and just feel like taking more in order for that "stomach knot" to go away.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 06:59:36 PM »
Thinking about growing my own psilocybin mushrooms for the purposes of microdosing and occasionally tripping balls. Anyone got experience in this? Got any tips?

buy a pressure cooker

I've been into mycology since i was 16 and i can answer any question you have. you can start with brown rice flower and vermiculite cakes or you can use grains like wild bird seed and rye. as one user mentioned go to the shroomery and read a lot.

using woodchips is not what you're looking for unless you want to propagate a wild find. you'll want to go to the shroomery and make an account (you can't view teks without one)

also look up how to prepare a spore syringe.

how to prepare coir
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24077162

how to prepare wild bird seed
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679

how to set up a monotub after your grain jars are fully colonized
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8231041/page/3

i think microdosing is a good idea, i do it before every session

even the steven

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. I'll report back when I get this underway.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »
great thread thank you folks

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 03:54:27 PM »
When I lived in the Welsh valleys and it was shroom season, we used to go picking almost every other day. We would get around 1000 pieces each time we went to the hills! In the end of the season each person in my group was left with over 10,000 mushrooms when only around 50 are needed to get high. The shrooms had been dried, ground and mixed with honey to form some paste. Using this was very consistent in effect but I have never managed to microdose. If I only do a few I always get a weird sensation in my gut and just feel like taking more in order for that "stomach knot" to go away.

This.
There are so many species that are virtually metropolitan now. Plus it keeps your dichotomous keying skills sharp.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 11:14:56 PM »

Been growing 20 years. Learn the life cycle through PF Tek grow method, then move on to tub tek,/bulks.
Buy your strains from Ralphster. You can go look at his list and just send cash. He's not sketchy. Just if you are worried about a paper trail, just send him cash snail mail with your list. He always sends me extra too.
DM if you really want stain explained. But as said above, Cambodian, Penis Envy, Golden teacher, Mex, etc. 
All depends on temp, humidity, and cleanliness. Don't get discouraged. All questions all the time.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 12:54:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been growing 20 years. Learn the life cycle through PF Tek grow method, then move on to tub tek,/bulks.
Buy your strains from Ralphster. You can go look at his list and just send cash. He's not sketchy. Just if you are worried about a paper trail, just send him cash snail mail with your list. He always sends me extra too.
DM if you really want stain explained. But as said above, Cambodian, Penis Envy, Golden teacher, Mex, etc. 
All depends on temp, humidity, and cleanliness. Don't get discouraged. All questions all the time.

Seems like your all in on this. Thanks for the advice.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »

if you practice sterility, dont look at them too often (darkness clutch for drawing out those wonderful blues) and listen to the guys at the garden store you should be good. once they see you are buying high nitrate bat guano on the regs they will eventually start talking about it to you.   

im kind of surprised no one linked to erowids vault they have an amazing education section.  not that i would ever know since i was an angel in undergrad.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 12:10:38 PM »

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 08:27:29 PM »
I've been wanting to grow my own cubensis for a while, but now that I found a reliable source I don't have the motivation..

Going to start eating some for the first time in almost 10 years this week! Excited, just going to micro dose and occasionally munch a handful.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »

if you practice sterility, dont look at them too often (darkness clutch for drawing out those wonderful blues) and listen to the guys at the garden store you should be good. once they see you are buying high nitrate bat guano on the regs they will eventually start talking about it to you.   

im kind of surprised no one linked to erowids vault they have an amazing education section.  not that i would ever know since i was an angel in undergrad.

Erowid is a great source for many things!
Gentleman ninja warlock