Author Topic: 2018 NFL Season  (Read 10647 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
2018 NFL Season
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
It's the offseason motherfuckers which means it's time for a new thread!

https://deadspin.com/the-vikings-are-clearing-the-deck-of-quarterbacks-to-go-1823352889
Being a Vikings fan my whole life, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to understand what the fuck the front office is ever doing. We absolutely are NOT going to get Kirk Cousins. It will not happen.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:27:38 AM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

jomeara1

Re: 2018 NFL Season
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »
Fitzpatrick threw 21/28 417 yards and 4 touchdowns today. Why the fuck couldn’t he play that good with the jets?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »
This season, I'm a Browns fan.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 03:50:22 PM »
We absolutely are NOT going to get Kirk Cousins. It will not happen.
Oops

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »
That Vikings defense looks heavy man, I have the Rams winning the NFC (yes I’m on crazy pills, that D is stacked though.....), however Vikings with Cousins could do damage... i mean look what they did with Keenum... Eagles/Rams/Vikes

The Texans have lots of work to do... sigh so annoying. O’Brien calls the same 5 fucking plays ..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 06:46:06 PM »
Browns didn't lose the opener.

jomeara1

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 07:24:45 PM »
^I can’t believe they missed that FG. They had a win handed to them on a silver platter and still fucked it up.  Guess that free beer is going to have to stay cold just for a little bit longer.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 09:19:56 AM »
My Pack with a win for the ages! That was exciting. Hope Rodgers' knee is ok.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »
Dude is amazing. No lead is safe against him.

Is your name a Jason Garrett jab haha? As a Cowboy fan I’m sick of him clapping when our team sucks hard.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
That Vikings defense looks heavy man, I have the Rams winning the NFC (yes I’m on crazy pills, that D is stacked though.....), however Vikings with Cousins could do damage... i mean look what they did with Keenum... Eagles/Rams/Vikes

The Texans have lots of work to do... sigh so annoying. O’Brien calls the same 5 fucking plays ..
We did everything we were supposed to in the offseason except fix our o line, which, you know, was our main fucking problem last year. We could've drafted someone but I don't think Zim's gonna rest until our roster is entirely DBs. I literally turned on the Vikings game and the first play I saw of the year was Cousins getting sacked. Just don't be surprised if/when someone's subpar defensive line blows through our paper mache offensive line and literally snaps our $84 million QB in half.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »
That shit Rodgers pulled was insane, hats off to the man. Khalil Mack looked like a machine in the first half. Hope Todd Gurley has a big first night and Shouts out to my dude Luke Kuechly!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »
Tough week 1 for Jimmy G and my Niners yesterday, Minnesota is legit this season.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 02:44:34 PM »
How about my Bucs, lookin good! Came out and the offense looked AMAZING lol here’s to more games like that!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
Fitzpatrick balled the fuck out, that'll be tough one to follow up

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 03:29:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude is amazing. No lead is safe against him.

Is your name a Jason Garrett jab haha? As a Cowboy fan I’m sick of him clapping when our team sucks hard.

haha. someone needs to tell him he's the coach, not a cheerleader.

it's actually a nod to ODB.
1:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
The Bears were spineless in the second half. They had so many opportunities to end that game and they blew it. I liked what I saw in the first half, I hope they learn from this and win like 8-10 games. Kahlil Mack is awesome.

Fitzpatrick threw 21/28 417 yards and 4 touchdowns today. Why the fuck couldn’t he play that good with the jets?

He always plays really well one game then blows it the next game. He had a few huge games with the Jets and then threw like 3 interceptions in the 4th quarter in the last game of the year to seal missing the playoffs if i remember right.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 04:11:57 PM »
Been a Raiders fan my entire long ass life but this season is my farewell tour with them, hope they manage to give the people of Oakland one last hurrah before they split town, again.

I put up with a lot of bullshit over the years but I will not root for any Las Vegas fucking Raiders, I just will not.

Also been steadily losing interest in the NFL for years now and this is a perfect opportunity for me to get out, I will still follow football but it might be more fun to just observe in general instead of having a fanatical interest in one specific team.

Also FUCK the Raiders for giving Jon Gruden 100 million dollars but tell arguably the best defensive player in the league to go fuck off. They should have just paid Mack whatever he asked and been done with it.
Oh by the way how did Mack do yesterday  in his FIRST FUCKING GAME as a non-Raider?
They’re gonna regret this for the next ten fucking years, minimum.

Monday Night opener starts in a couple hours, let’s see what these fools got against a suddenly scary Rams squad.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 05:21:47 PM »
The Khalil thing just doesn’t make any sense... from a Raiders standpoint that is... good for him though. Boy got paid.

And in all fairness the Rams were pretty solid last season. Only thing i could see being their downfall is ego... and play-off Goff... still my NFC pick

I feel like Washington could squeak out a wild card spot 

And something I always forget.... Phillip Rivers has been putting up crazy numbers quietly for a long ass time now ha... think he’s number 1 in most consecutive starts
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:27:47 PM by whitemanjazz »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »
They should've kept Del Rio and Mack

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
And something I always forget.... Phillip Rivers has been putting up crazy numbers quietly for a long ass time now ha... think he’s number 1 in most consecutive starts
Rivers is the most underrated QB in the league right now. I guess he's just a victim of Tony Romo syndrome aka putting up amazing numbers but playing for teams that are slightly above average at best.

jomeara1

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 08:38:16 PM »
The Bears were spineless in the second half. They had so many opportunities to end that game and they blew it. I liked what I saw in the first half, I hope they learn from this and win like 8-10 games. Kahlil Mack is awesome.

Expand Quote
[close]

He always plays really well one game then blows it the next game. He had a few huge games with the Jets and then threw like 3 interceptions in the 4th quarter in the last game of the year to seal missing the playoffs if i remember right.

Yeah that was when they blew it against pittsburgh I think. Pretty sure that was the first year he played for NY too. Then the second year i think he broke the record for most interceptions in one game against KC or some shit lol.

Jets looked pretty damn good tonight though. Their defense looks solid. Darnold seemed to recover well from that pick 6 he threw in the beginning also.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 06:46:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Rivers is the most underrated QB in the league right now. I guess he's just a victim of Tony Romo syndrome aka putting up amazing numbers but playing for teams that are slightly above average at best.

Chargers are just ran so poorly at times.... wasted his prime, yet he throws for 3-4K a year ha. Keeps on truckin n shit...( i can’t talk too much shit as a Texans fan by default. Rick Smith was a terrible GM for years. godfather of the owner’s grand kids. Long ass leash)

Darnold suprised me a bit. I didn’t watch too much of him at USC. I think the good thing for him is the expectations arent too too high? So he can just play ball. Confident kid.

Pat Mahomes.... kid has a cannon.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 09:51:31 AM »
rivers deserved a better career
the bills are worse than I thought. Josh allen is tall.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »
Raiders performance was basically what I had expected.

Good start riddled with dumb penalties (10 in the first half alone) followed by second half collapse.

Also, how’d that pass rushing thing work out?
Oh shit I forgot, you traded away the best fucking pass rusher in the league and what did he do in his first game not wearing silver and black? Human fucking highlight reel type shit.

Can’t wsit until they move to Vegas so I can be done with these goddamn fuckheads finally.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »
I don't want to see Laquon Treadwell or Daniel Carlson in a Vikings jersey next week. What an embarrassment.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
We just lost to Blaine Gabbert..... blah

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
Daniel Carlson

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

jomeara1

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
Jets always play like ass against Miami no matter what. They even play better against the Pats.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 03:46:47 PM »
Pat maHomie ..... 23/28 six TDS... that kid is the truth.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 03:58:02 PM »
The Bucs and Fitzpatrick looking good again  8)