Author Topic: Nigel - 'Til Death  (Read 27346 times)

Flared Up

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: Nigel - 'Til Death
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2018, 08:44:40 AM »
As said before the filming is definitely not how skateboarding should be filmed and the music was absolute garbage. Definitely aimed at bros with shitty taste/tattoos like Nyjah is, but the skating holy fucking shit. Dude went fucking bananas for this, the part is insane and any real skateboarder can appreciate/give credit for what was done. My face was melted, probably wont rewatch it ever again but it definitely left a dent in my brain.

Ding ding ding on the level of skating but talking about how skateboarding should be and what real skateboarders can appreciate is silly.

The shitty taste/tattoos comment is also pretty dumb. Like it or not skateboarders tend to subscribe to one of a few uniform options. Post up a selfie and let us take a look.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
As said before the filming is definitely not how skateboarding should be filmed and the music was absolute garbage. Definitely aimed at bros with shitty taste/tattoos like Nyjah is, but the skating holy fucking shit. Dude went fucking bananas for this, the part is insane and any real skateboarder can appreciate/give credit for what was done. My face was melted, probably wont rewatch it ever again but it definitely left a dent in my brain.
[close]

Ding ding ding on the level of skating but talking about how skateboarding should be and what real skateboarders can appreciate is silly.

The shitty taste/tattoos comment is also pretty dumb. Like it or not skateboarders tend to subscribe to one of a few uniform options. Post up a selfie and let us take a look.

You suck.

underknowledge

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »
the parochialism of slap is as expected.
nyjahs bigass handrail skating doesn't appeal to me but I can't deny that part was a rad experience.
the only thing i though was kinda unfortunate is that with all that 4k crispiness and standard framerate it kinda looks choppy and hurts the eyes. most people have 60hz tvs or monitors so at least make it 60fps or add some motion blur. I would have loved to see this in 4k 120hz.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2018, 04:34:32 AM »
Is this bloke Ty? If so, your wide angle lenses are sickening. I don't mean this in a good way
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2018, 05:57:00 AM »
the parochialism of slap is as expected.
nyjahs bigass handrail skating doesn't appeal to me but I can't deny that part was a rad experience.
the only thing i though was kinda unfortunate is that with all that 4k crispiness and standard framerate it kinda looks choppy and hurts the eyes. most people have 60hz tvs or monitors so at least make it 60fps or add some motion blur. I would have loved to see this in 4k 120hz.

I'm not gonna lie I had to google the meaning of parochialism.

Do you work in video production?

Megamaxsnorlax

• Rep: 0
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
Nigel beaverhuston from THPS2?