Author Topic: Berrics Promoting Revive  (Read 15420 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Berrics Promoting Revive
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »
Definitely going to deligitimize and alienate some people from berrics but they can probably pull it off because if Revive is as big as we have all allegedly heard (most popular board brand in skating apparently??) then they will make up the lost fans ten fold with little kids whose parents like friendly safe skateboarding content for little Jimmy and Suzy.

Berra is easily the biggest kook in skating, but he’s not dumb. Dude is looking to get his piece of the financial skateboard pie.

If Nine Club actually asked Schrock legit questions about board sales and shit, that would be so interesting to hear about. Crob isn’t scared to ask guests about money either, why wouldn’t you want to hear about that stuff? Corny as that fucker is, I am a skate nerd and want to know about the weird bubble of YouTube skateboarding that I know positively nothing about.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

Berra is easily the biggest kook in skating, but he’s not dumb. Dude is looking to get his piece of the financial skateboard pie.

If Nine Club actually asked Schrock legit questions about board sales and shit, that would be so interesting to hear about. Crob isn’t scared to ask guests about money either, why wouldn’t you want to hear about that stuff? Corny as that fucker is, I am a skate nerd and want to know about the weird bubble of YouTube skateboarding that I know positively nothing about.

Ehh, he's been pushing the berrics by over posting and sharing things on IG. He probably just stumbled upon this guy's clip if anything.

But, a Schrock episode would be interesting as the brand has gotten so popular and has sister companies (friend that just got into skateboarding talks to me about it) all from him being the personality that he is
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Chinaski's underpants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 01:32:25 AM »
Expand Quote
they should do something between Revive, manchild, the berrics, Andy Roy and Brophy.
[close]

Bandana company called GANGBANDIT, distributed through the berrics. The whole Revive team is sponsored by it and Manchild does drunken public promotional talks, having 40% of the shares in the company. Roy and Brophy are the Rick and Mike-like team managers.

Sinner gets free lodging at the berries

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2018, 02:30:48 AM »
i thought this company was called
Remive? so when did this change?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 104
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 02:47:06 AM »

Sinner gets free lodging at the berries
[/quote]

Sinner lives in Nyjah's park.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Mcfctid

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 05:04:30 AM »
Off topic,  but i get the occasional package of stickers from deluxe,  so every saturday I randomly leave some at my local for the kids to grab. Some skate dad started buying revive stickers in bulk and is now hustling em to the kids, sigh is this where we are in skateboarding?

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »
The only way a revive/shrock nine club would be interesting is if there was a drunk Grosso or maybe weck and they slap the shit out of shrock every time he says something stupid. They could review his video and continually question him on why he feels he deserves to be pro and why he pimps out his children for youtube money

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1372
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 06:57:47 AM »
Definitely going to deligitimize and alienate some people from berrics but they can probably pull it off because if Revive is as big as we have all allegedly heard (most popular board brand in skating apparently??) then they will make up the lost fans ten fold with little kids whose parents like friendly safe skateboarding content for little Jimmy and Suzy.

I know how you feel, and not to argue but I have no desire to learn about their whole deal. As far as I'm concerned, they just film tons of videos, probably do some SEO research, come up with some kitschy ideas, and that's it.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »
I know they either vlog or put wheels on anything that is not a skateboard and make a video out of it
check my music

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 07:39:30 AM »
The only way a revive/shrock nine club would be interesting is if there was a drunk Grosso or maybe weck and they slap the shit out of shrock every time he says something stupid. They could review his video and continually question him on why he feels he deserves to be pro and why he pimps out his children for youtube money
That's a terrible idea. Why would Grosso and Wack need to be there? Also, I don't think Shrock claims "pro" even though he most likely makes more money from "skateboarding" than your favourite pro.

Jacob Gary

Re: Berrics Promoting Remive
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »

Typo, sorry.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's a terrible idea. Why would Grosso and Wack need to be there? Also, I don't think Shrock claims "pro" even though he most likely makes more money from "skateboarding" than your favourite pro.
Are you Canadian?  I ask because of your spelling.  You're right shrock is just an "am" which is equally curious for his stupid shit.  Shrock sucks, revive sucks and trying to be the toys r us version of a skate company sucks too, we've always had bad actors in the skateboard industry but surely he is the worst.  Nevertheless, a show with him getting slapped would be worth watching!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Berrics Promoting Remive
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 09:21:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Typo, sorry.

Remive is a more interesting name, tbh.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Andy for sure gave himself a Thrasher ad. flat line. do not remive.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Are you Canadian?  I ask because of your spelling.  You're right shrock is just an "am" which is equally curious for his stupid shit.  Shrock sucks, revive sucks and trying to be the toys r us version of a skate company sucks too, we've always had bad actors in the skateboard industry but surely he is the worst.  Nevertheless, a show with him getting slapped would be worth watching!
Not Canadian. I just don't see how having a loud mouth self proclaiming asshole and an internet actor who thinks they are being subversive but actually just doing what Shrock does albeit to a different audience is any good. Why not have someone who can argue the stance from the "real" skateboard industry highlight how his disturbance model effects the community?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »
Just a couple Scientologists sticking together in a world of SPs

"I was learning tricks a lot easier after Scientology"

bawtawd9

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
I guess I back revive. Most the kids who watch that shit would be scootering if it wasn't for big daddy shrock. Plus I started skating because x games and I turned out ok.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 12:08:05 PM »
I guess I back revive. Most the kids who watch that shit would be scootering if it wasn't for big daddy shrock. Plus I started skating because x games and I turned out ok.
Hmmm...

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
I’ve been following that kid @poopunicycle for years on YouTube. When did he start riding Rivive boards? I am in no way a Berrics apologists, but I don’t think this actually qualifies as a promoting the brand. Or does it? 🧐
ableSkateMag.com

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 12:39:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hmmm...
"big daddy shrock" will always be a kook.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »
Is revive Generator or PS sticks?

Funny. I’ve actually asked where they were manufactured because so many ppl have said there boards broke rather fast. Was blocked! ::)
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2018, 02:46:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny. I’ve actually asked where they were manufactured because so many ppl have said there boards broke rather fast. Was blocked! ::)

judging by the prices it's probably some shitty chinese factory, possibly the one girl uses/used to use?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2018, 05:24:17 AM »
I'm a bit of a nerd and will normally watch anything that has to do with skateboarding. Even Street League is interesting sometimes just to see how skating is being filtered and packaged for external consumption. However, after the bits I've come across I won't even do a Google search for this brand for fear of giving them that one click/view that accidentally pushes them above their dork threshold and into "legit" skateboarding.

Berska has finally built the house he deserves to die in.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »

Didn't you have a thread about you doing heroin and having people ask questions while you got fucked up?  Cause thats the opposite of ok
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn't you have a thread about you doing heroin and having people ask questions while you got fucked up?  Cause thats the opposite of ok

Not at all. That was the other bawtawd you're thinking about.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not at all. That was the other other bawtawd you're thinking about.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »
I don fuck with revive or xlames punk ass trying to make me look like a teeny bopper ass sucker
No chomo at that last line

thatdrugruglookscoolonyou

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2018, 05:18:18 PM »
I smoked too many burgers and did too many 4-flips to understand this lunacy. For one anyone named Aaron... your parents gave you a fucking dork name. Two... deciding to usurp a common knowledge industry based on merit  (unfairly sometimes) in favor of yourself. You are disabled mentally. These dudes need to Revive their meds. Or just get their asses kicked. The world dun got soft on dickfaces looking for a cut and run on some quick, cheap, and slutty profit. Do you think Aaron drinks rocket fuel?

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2018, 02:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

judging by the prices it's probably some shitty chinese factory, possibly the one girl uses/used to use?
They are made by clutch

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ehh, he's been pushing the berrics by over posting and sharing things on IG. He probably just stumbled upon this guy's clip if anything.

But, a Schrock episode would be interesting as the brand has gotten so popular and has sister companies (friend that just got into skateboarding talks to me about it) all from him being the personality that he is

As someone who works in graphic design and marketing I'm very intrigued by the whole 'Revive' thing.
True, the company is absolutely corny as hell, but they're definitely one of the biggest companies out there.

I find it stunning that there are 'legit' companies that pay tons for advertising in magazines, video's, messageboards, make commercials, give a decent paycheck to the biggest pro's etc. and they're struggling.

And than you have a company that almost does none of the above and they out sell everyone... I looked at their site and they're very very smart, they shifted their target to younger children which is the biggest demographic, and they use social media EXTREMELY well... they market themselves as 'pro's' are 'approachable' and you can buy 'meet and greets' with them etc.

It's all corny as hell, but it's genius really. I'd definitely watch a Shrock or Kyro episode just because I'm curious, and I'm sure A LOT of big companies will take notes from that episode.

Also they have dudes like John Hill who's actually really good, but you can't be taken seriously when you ride for revive right?

I'm actually surprise they don't have their own truck or shoe company yet. at some point the universes of 'them' and 'legit' companies fade over in eachother (they use indy's, ace trucks, vans shoes etc...) and I think that's extremely weird...