Author Topic: Sinking Ship Skateboards (Handmade boards out of Alberta, Canada)  (Read 1737 times)

Chizepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Hey all! A few years ago a buddy and I started making boards out of various garages up here in Alberta, Canada. We do everything from gluing and pressing, all the way through the process. We are also responsible for the majority of the embroidery and screen printing on our clothing line. We are currently trying to move out of the garage and into a proper space to push the brand. Our new space will give us room to do all our manufacturing, as well as letting us offer custom printing/embroidery for other brands. To help ease the start up costs we have started a crowdfunding campaign. We are doing different levels of rewards for all budgets. Everything from patches and socks, to tees, beanies, and boards. I have attached a pic of a few things and a link to the campaign. There is also a short video showing a bit of our process. Thanks for your time!

https://atbboostr.ca/campaign/?id=1293f385-8be2-e711-80ca-0cc47a696e6d

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Sinking Ship Skateboards (Handmade boards out of Alberta, Canada)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:24:28 AM »
Sinking ship is a name in the tradition of company names like Chapter 7 or Poorhouse.  I like it personally.  Dude, please make some boards with flatter kick and concave, most boards out there have way too much of that shit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

curbsmash

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:57:35 AM »
Sinking ship is a name in the tradition of company names like Chapter 7 or Poorhouse.  I like it personally.  Dude, please make some boards with flatter kick and concave, most boards out there have way too much of that shit.

Seconded!

Also, givecigstosurfgroms: you should check out the Deckcrafters Killdozer deck. Deckcrafters are pretty mellow in terms of kick/concave and the Killdozer is a rad shape (11"x 30 7/8" with 16 3/4"wb, no nose). There are other pretty good ones on his site, too.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
Damn, looks good. Good luck with it all.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:51:44 AM »
Rad!

How do they last?

I've been riding Fickles for years now and they last about 5x longer than a factory board

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 03:39:50 AM »
Funhouse deck looks rad. Will cop next pay day.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 06:11:27 AM »
The whole thing you guys are doing looks awesome and that Ditchdigger shape looks amazing, pretty hyped to that shit

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »
Cool 8) I'm in Alberta too!

Good luck to you guys, I'll take a look at your page.

Chizepe

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 08:50:25 AM »
Thanks so much for the positive feedback, really good after the week I’ve had haha. The name came from everyone telling me what a bad idea the company was, so figured I’d just call it out. We will be adding more shapes and items as the campaign goes on. It’s pretty easy for us to make new shapes so if anyone is looking for something specific, let us know. The boards we have skated last great. Hold their shape well and are rock solid. We generally press and cure them a little longer than standard and seems to help a ton. I’ll keep updating here for anyone interested. Thanks again! Also feel free to follow our Instagram at Sinkingshipskateboards

Chizepe

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »
Hey everyone, we are in the final week of our crowdfunding campaign. Check out the link above if you're interested in supporting. Also appreciate any feedback you all have. We have added a few new items and 3% of all profits will be split between our local Skate Association and the Local Girls Rock Camp.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:02:01 PM by Chizepe »

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
best of luck with this. i'll def cop a deck if you do a wide popsicle with a 15" wb. like 8.8 x 32.5-33" would be rad