Author Topic: Taylor Nawrocki of Politic  (Read 21392 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Taylor Nawrocki of Politic
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^^ every politic board that I've ever skated has been really sick. Last one was the "exhault the new god" deck. Maybe it was a Durante? Anyhow, whats this "prison labor" jibber?
[close]

Politic uses South Central wood and South Central uses prison labour for their board manufacturing.
[close]
Do you think there's something wrong with that?
[close]
Can we have some proof? But Yes, there is something wrong with that. I like Politic a lot, and whoever is running it, based on their graphics, I would think takes issue with using prison labor.  Unless they're faking the funk.
[close]

ill rehash my post again.

"whats the problem with this, isnt prison supposed to help rehabilitate inmates? give them the skills to provide for them selves out of jail. ive never had any issue with south central decks."
[close]
Prison labor isn't designed to rehabilitate and does not rehabilitate. In fact, it is often assigned to prisoners in lieu of the only proven program that actually reduces recidivism, which is education. There is a 0% recidivism rate for prisoners who earn a masters degree in prison, but those assigned to these type of labor programs are often unable to participate in educational programs.
It is designed as a work around loophole to continue slave labor. The work tends to be repetitive and low skilled, giving the workers no marketable skills upon release. Its a way for both the prison and the company exploiting the labor to make more money at the expense of people forced to work for pennies an hour. The 14th amendment banned slave labor, except as a punishment for a crime- THAT is the reason it exists in prisons.

I want the products I buy to be made by a person fairly compensated and not forced into labor, because slavery is wrong, even as a punishment, as the state profiting off of punishment is inherently corrupt

Now its time for me to get on you and keep repeating the question until you answer it: Where THE FUCK did you get the idea that prison slave labor has anything to do with rehabilitation?
[close]

I'm very curious to know what shoes you are wearing and what phone you are using.
My phone is a result of poorly compensated labor in China and child slave labor in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
My shoes are made by a poorly compensated person somewhere in southeast Asia.

What does that have to do with me explaining how prison slave labor works and why its problematic? Please explain why a person has to be perfect and has to completely in order to understand social issues.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've been incarcerated before and i can tell you most people there are the scum of society (myself included of course) and should be put to work. It's punishment not a fuckin resort.
[close]

Did you go to prison?
[close]

Maybe just a night in the tank from how he is speaking. I was given the choice to work for 22cents a day while in prison. Gip is right too. No education or programs if I worked. But given the choice to work and do three years, or go to school and do 6, I never hesitated.
That said, the prison system down where SC is located is an even bigger beast to get stuck in the belly of.

I was thinking that he hadn't been to prison, but I wanted to give him the chance to answer himself first.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2018, 10:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^^ every politic board that I've ever skated has been really sick. Last one was the "exhault the new god" deck. Maybe it was a Durante? Anyhow, whats this "prison labor" jibber?
[close]

Politic uses South Central wood and South Central uses prison labour for their board manufacturing.
[close]
Do you think there's something wrong with that?
[close]
Can we have some proof? But Yes, there is something wrong with that. I like Politic a lot, and whoever is running it, based on their graphics, I would think takes issue with using prison labor.  Unless they're faking the funk.
[close]

ill rehash my post again.

"whats the problem with this, isnt prison supposed to help rehabilitate inmates? give them the skills to provide for them selves out of jail. ive never had any issue with south central decks."
[close]
Prison labor isn't designed to rehabilitate and does not rehabilitate. In fact, it is often assigned to prisoners in lieu of the only proven program that actually reduces recidivism, which is education. There is a 0% recidivism rate for prisoners who earn a masters degree in prison, but those assigned to these type of labor programs are often unable to participate in educational programs.
It is designed as a work around loophole to continue slave labor. The work tends to be repetitive and low skilled, giving the workers no marketable skills upon release. Its a way for both the prison and the company exploiting the labor to make more money at the expense of people forced to work for pennies an hour. The 14th amendment banned slave labor, except as a punishment for a crime- THAT is the reason it exists in prisons.

I want the products I buy to be made by a person fairly compensated and not forced into labor, because slavery is wrong, even as a punishment, as the state profiting off of punishment is inherently corrupt

Now its time for me to get on you and keep repeating the question until you answer it: Where THE FUCK did you get the idea that prison slave labor has anything to do with rehabilitation?
[close]

I'm very curious to know what shoes you are wearing and what phone you are using.
[close]
My phone is a result of poorly compensated labor in China and child slave labor in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
My shoes are made by a poorly compensated person somewhere in southeast Asia.

What does that have to do with me explaining how prison slave labor works and why its problematic? Please explain why a person has to be perfect and has to completely in order to understand social issues.
I'm with gip on this one. Of course no one's perfect, and when living under capitalism it's impossible to have a non-existent footprint in supporting problematic systems that exploit people and their labor. But it's best to be aware of these things and make better choices when you can. I usually skate generator wood but I'll definitely stay far away from south central if this is true. Still waiting for proof...
Oh, and for anyone looking to do more research, it's actually the thirteenth amendement, not the fourteenth.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:02:59 PM by Pappy Jones »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
Can anyone ID this deck? Still looks like something that TOA would sell anyway.

Edit: better image
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:28:58 AM by Grind King Rims »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »

AWS Guevara deck from last year,

http://www.chutingstar.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/w/aws_prairiebrown_8.jpg

Grind King Rims

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

http://www.chutingstar.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/w/aws_prairiebrown_8.jpg

Damn dude, first post and you nailed it. +1.

Nawrocki on Alien?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2018, 03:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn dude, first post and you nailed it. +1.

Nawrocki on Alien?

Had to pick my moment.

Wouldn't be too far left field, he talked about his love for the Workshop on some podcast and a few of his Politic decks had some very Alien-esque graphics (although so do a lot of their other decks). Who knows.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »
I'd be into it anyway. New Workshop's team is great. Hopefully their graphics will catch up soon, they've really been anodyne with a lot of logo decks and team decks and even reissues, but at this stage it's bordering on offensively inoffensive á la Jart.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »
regarding the whole sc wood debacle:
south central is in elmore alabama
elmore alabama has three prisons a few miles from south central

i just shot sc an email so we will see how
much transperency they offer
or if they leave their woodshop shrouded in mystery and rumors

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2018, 12:25:00 PM »
politic to new aws is a major L.
frankie spears and the asian dude are awful on the eyes.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »
Could be sick foreal. Dudes from Ohio and rips. Joey Guevara and Sammy Montano in California and Taylor and Yaje in New York is pretttttyyyyy good
p-shuvs and v-flips

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2018, 05:58:33 PM »
It’s probably not in this dudes DNA to make a bad move.

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »
Riding another Alien board here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzYqCplYrB/?hl=en

With him and Yaje on, it's getting harder for me to dislike Alien 2.0
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

micky682

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2018, 10:03:13 AM »
This thread made me learn about Taylor and after watching his parts he’s one of my favorites now. Anyone know if an announcement is coming soon? Alien?

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
seems like a pretty motivated dude, guessing part and announcement coming soon

really thought it be quasi though

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
This thread made me learn about Taylor and after watching his parts he’s one of my favorites now. Anyone know if an announcement is coming soon? Alien?

You should do yourself a favor and watch his Spirit Quest part if you aren't well versed...

micky682

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should do yourself a favor and watch his Spirit Quest part if you aren't well versed...
I watched it then I went and bought Spirit Quest.