Author Topic: super low concave decks  (Read 9209 times)

Blackholebacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
super low concave decks
« on: March 15, 2018, 06:24:03 AM »
So, i was skating in front of some elementary school with my little bro, when some guy came outside holding a couple of old beat up decks and a complete with wheels that look about as brown as my middle finger when the toilet paper breaks mid wipe. he walks up and says "yo i had a friend that was on alien workshop, i used to get these for free, you want em?". im never one to turn down anything for free so of course i said "uhhh yeah sure dude" he handed me the board and he left. back at home i put some new bearings and wheels on the complete (wich was a danny way alien workshop board with indy hollows, and i put some mini logo wheels and bearing on it) and i found myself liking the low concave and kicks that it had (though i cant really skate it b/c it had like zero pop and was super floppy.

Anyway i was wondering if anybody knows any companies that make really low concave decks?

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
Re: super low concave decks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »
Toy/foundation have some pretty mellow shapes.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:37:21 AM »
baker has a mellow shape

micky682

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 07:44:19 AM »

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:20:29 AM »
Girl/Chocolate around 2000

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »
Hopps offers pretty mellow concave. Current Girl/choc boards are pretty flat with medium kicks. Blood Wizard boards are pretty flat but alittle too mellow of a kick for me. Toymachine has been pretty flat with medium kicks but now they are under PSstix with flat to mellow kicks.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
Flip

Lorn Au Arcos

• Rep: -4
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
Crail Boards

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 09:44:11 PM »
Almost
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

Little Debbie

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »
there's been like 3 threads about this lately, but yeah, all of the mentioned companies still offer pretty flat shapes. i bought an Isle 8.38 recently that has like no pockets in the corners, it's pretty bomb.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:15 PM »
there's been like 3 threads about this lately, but yeah, all of the mentioned companies still offer pretty flat shapes. i bought an Isle 8.38 recently that has like no pockets in the corners, it's pretty bomb.
  The more threads about this subject the better.  Skate companies take notice. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

asakusa75

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 11:05:24 PM »

thomas kook

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 05:49:54 AM »
i'm new to the whole shape thing, why is having little to no concave good?

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 06:05:06 AM »
http://doany.bigcartel.com/product/skypager-deck-white-y2kave-standard-concave-and-black-1990-s-mellow-concave

Just set up the black "1990s mellow concave" deck from D.O.A. I'll be skating it later today, if anyone wants some feedback/pics of the concave I can post it here. After gripping and setting it up it feels pretty damn flat, but we'll see once I actually go skate.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »
http://doany.bigcartel.com/product/skypager-deck-white-y2kave-standard-concave-and-black-1990-s-mellow-concave

Just set up the black "1990s mellow concave" deck from D.O.A. I'll be skating it later today, if anyone wants some feedback/pics of the concave I can post it here. After gripping and setting it up it feels pretty damn flat, but we'll see once I actually go skate.

Was going to say DOA or Northern Co. Steve fletch who works with both mentions his love of super flat decks on 500 Fahrenheit pretty often. Would love a new episode if he happens to see this...
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »
I have a few DOA it’s the shit

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 07:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was going to say DOA or Northern Co. Steve fletch who works with both mentions his love of super flat decks on 500 Fahrenheit pretty often. Would love a new episode if he happens to see this...

mellow concave/kick.  So, the northern boards we do are all standard south central "D" mold, thats the normal standard concave they offer.  I'd make my own private stash of "e" mold for myself with each order, which are basically the kick and concave of a 90's world/blind/menace deck.  (before they started the monster/nitro mold shit)
i personally like the nose kick to be as mellow as possible, i just bet a better reaction time for nollie tricks.  Im not sure how well those boards would do to the public, as everyone looks at my setup and thinks I'm insane.  i ride an 8.375 with 50's and low trucks.  anyway.  when i started up DOA, i switched woodshops and decided to run a mellow and medium concave on boards, just incase there are people like me who want a flatter deck.  the DOA mellow is still steeper than my south central customs, but i can deal with it no problem. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »
   Well 'no' concave will work but this is more about  'mellow' concave boards.  And for me just as important, mellow kicktails.  Why? Its just chiller to stand on, your not all jacked up or with rampy concaves damaging your feet .   Look at a video like Video Days Gonzs part.  Or Lavar McBride in his 101 part.  Or Mike carrol in his plan B parts.  All that is with mellow ass decks.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 05:16:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

mellow concave/kick.  So, the northern boards we do are all standard south central "D" mold, thats the normal standard concave they offer.  I'd make my own private stash of "e" mold for myself with each order, which are basically the kick and concave of a 90's world/blind/menace deck.  (before they started the monster/nitro mold shit)
i personally like the nose kick to be as mellow as possible, i just bet a better reaction time for nollie tricks.  Im not sure how well those boards would do to the public, as everyone looks at my setup and thinks I'm insane.  i ride an 8.375 with 50's and low trucks.  anyway.  when i started up DOA, i switched woodshops and decided to run a mellow and medium concave on boards, just incase there are people like me who want a flatter deck.  the DOA mellow is still steeper than my south central customs, but i can deal with it no problem.

Damn, I'm trying to get one of these "e" concave decks. I had to take off my quasi since the nose was so steep. Like, you can see the graphic on the nose while skating around. I really don't see how people can get into steep concave/kicks.

Little Debbie

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
   Well 'no' concave will work but this is more about  'mellow' concave boards.  And for me just as important, mellow kicktails.  Why? Its just chiller to stand on, your not all jacked up or with rampy concaves damaging your feet .   Look at a video like Video Days Gonzs part.  Or Lavar McBride in his 101 part.  Or Mike carrol in his plan B parts.  All that is with mellow ass decks.
all of this. people were doing insane stuff on flat boards and that was the norm. plus, there's a nice comfort to pushing around on a plank and your heel isn't all propped up on some curvy board.
sk8 industry, hear our cries: we want the flatness.

Fletschinger

• Rep: 47
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:32:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn, I'm trying to get one of these "e" concave decks. I had to take off my quasi since the nose was so steep. Like, you can see the graphic on the nose while skating around. I really don't see how people can get into steep concave/kicks.

what size do you ride? if you do 8.38 ill send you a semi used one to try.fuck.  I should post some pics of my setup.  people will laugh.