Author Topic: Ali interviews DD  (Read 8741 times)

rejectpaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3316
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Ali interviews DD
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:48:45 PM »
This is an entertaining read and I enjoyed the section on sobriety or the lack thereof. I also liked how he crapped on Nyjah.

sultsult

• Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 01:56:14 PM »
damn he looks awful in that pic!

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 01:59:04 PM »
he's got a killer hairline.
i liked his take on sobriety/drinking too even thoiugh i don't think the drinking was coincidence to all the bad stuff happening to the baker boys.
no judgement if people wanna continue but if you stop drinking and the bad stuff stops happening maybe it was causal?
it seems to be working for him.
wonder if it was awkward for ali wehn spawn goes 'only thing i'd change is skater freinds dying'.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »
I also liked how he crapped on Nyjah.

He said his name 6 times and this was earlier this year? this reminded me of Andy Roy's "hitlist" interview...talk about taking up some mental real estate. Dollin is like 15 years Nyjah's senior? "he's mean to me" Aussies you hard right? wtf.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3316
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »

He definitely looks like KD Lang in his old age.

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
dustin fucking rules...I like the part about not trying to look like gonz but being your self. I would have like to hear about a stevey story tho...why did dustin need to keep his head up at that particular time?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
  Tf was his answer about girl skaters?  Total forward pedal back pedal nonsensical answer.  He had another answer after that (edit his answer about baker sobering up) which made even less sense so I said fuck it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:54:20 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He definitely looks like KD Lang in his old age.
  Her features are different.  I get that he looks like a lesbian tho for sure.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 07:49:44 PM »
  Tf was his answer about girl skaters?  Total forward pedal back pedal nonsensical answer.  He had another answer after that (edit his answer about baker sobering up) which made even less sense so I said fuck it.

Probably reiterating what Nyjah said but with a societal perspective instead of Nyjah's half-assed response.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably reiterating what Nyjah said but with a societal perspective instead of Nyjah's half-assed response.
More like an attempted societal perspective where he sounded like an asshole per usual.  He can do or say whatever hes a skate legend to me.  I'm more interested in his drifting kfs to fakie he does on transition.  Imo he's underated.

bonafidekook

• Rep: 6
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 08:23:27 PM »
"I skate better when I'm drunk"

Has this guy landed a trick since 2015?

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 08:27:37 PM »
Fuck he looks old.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

Pill_Cosby

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
dusted

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 10:05:34 PM »
dude looks like a middle aged lesbian librarian
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 10:36:14 PM »
"I skate better when I'm drunk"

Has this guy landed a trick since 2015?
  "this guy"   -this is what I mean, dude desearves more respect then that.  People who consider skateboarders atheletes are regular and most people on slap talk about the shit like that too.  "what has he done lately, what is his team paying him for, he should get traded"

bawtawd9

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 10:43:06 PM »
Dustin is one of the realist pure skater in the game and always be. Oh but he don't be landin tricks' fuck outta here with that dustin one the realist. Real ass nigger fo real.

Farty McBoner

• Rep: 2
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 10:48:50 PM »
Anyone know the interview where Dollin said he wanted to drop in on a sky scrapper? That interview made much more sense than this one.

Harem

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 11:16:50 PM »
I was 'privy' to seeing some of his footage for Baker 4.

Let's just say, 'yikes'

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »
Dude is pushing 40 and has been steadily wasted for the last 2 decades.. how good would any of us look in the same circumstances?
Dustin is sick

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 12:16:21 AM »
He got his Jager.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 05:12:33 AM »
 The reason is those guys have lived through some terrible shit and they blame it on alcohol, if that’s their reason then that’s fine. Whatever you blame anything on, if you’re dedicated to proving the point of it, it’s a good thing. I blame alcohol for keeping me alive, other people blame alcohol for destroying their lives. If you focus enough on drinking or skating, it’s fine with me. But the reason why is because too many bad things were happening.

I’ve drank and not much bad shit has happened to me, but other people drink and bad shit happens – you can blame that, you can blame God, you can blame the devil, you can blame fucking world peace, or anti-world peace, you can blame Donald Trump. At the end of the day for me I don’t believe in shit besides making sure your friends get home safe. They’re doing it because it’s what the fuck they’ve got to do, and that’s how skating works. Skating shouldn’t even exist it’s so tricky to defy gravity everyday, you’re lucky to be alive if you skate. People on Baker are sober right now because they believe it’s better for them, I believe that I am not going to be like that because I know that I skate better when I’m drunk, other people don’t.

dude is clearly a fuckng moron.  He is seriously a dumb fuck.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:54:11 AM by Beeda Weeda »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 05:42:48 AM »
The reason is those guys have lived through some terrible shit and they blame it on alcohol, if that’s their reason then that’s fine. Whatever you blame anything on, if you’re dedicated to proving the point of it, it’s a good thing. I blame alcohol for keeping me alive, other people blame alcohol for destroying their lives. If you focus enough on drinking or skating, it’s fine with me. But the reason why is because too many bad things were happening.

I’ve drank and not much bad shit has happened to me, but other people drink and bad shit happens – you can blame that, you can blame God, you can blame the devil, you can blame fucking world peace, or anti-world peace, you can blame Donald Trump. At the end of the day for me I don’t believe in shit besides making sure your friends get home safe. They’re doing it because it’s what the fuck they’ve got to do, and that’s how skating works. Skating shouldn’t even exist it’s so tricky to defy gravity everyday, you’re lucky to be alive if you skate. People on Baker are sober right now because they believe it’s better for them, I believe that I am not going to be like that because I know that I skate better when I’m drunk, other people don’t.

dude is clearly a fuckng mornon.  He is seriously a dumb fuck.

I'm using this from now on

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 05:43:05 AM »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 05:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote

dude is clearly a fuckng mornon.  He is seriously a dumb fuck.
[close]

I'm using this from now on

lool, i will show myself to the door.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 06:49:56 AM »
Stop hating on DD, he had maybe five tricks in the last Volcom tour vid that’s not good enough for a 40 year old skating alongside the best young dudes , he’s basically saying he doesn’t worry about what other people are doing  go be sober go be drunk but be kind - and that is why he is a legendary skateboarder.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2018, 07:30:57 AM »
Stop hating on DD, he had maybe five tricks in the last Volcom tour vid that’s not good enough for a 40 year old skating alongside the best young dudes , he’s basically saying he doesn’t worry about what other people are doing  go be sober go be drunk but be kind - and that is why he is a legendary skateboarder.

Yeah I feel like this is what he’s saying but (surprise surprise) the alcoholic can’t articulate himself tremendously well.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2018, 07:44:44 AM »
He looks like my spinster aunt who smokes cigs in the car with the windows up, and I like it.

hey pickle

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »