Author Topic: Ali interviews DD  (Read 8743 times)

bo golden

99Pancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Ali interviews DD
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »
Dude's answers didn't even relate to the fucking questions half the time

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2018, 09:12:59 AM »

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong

I don't know if traveling the world on other people's dime, having multiple shoes on Vans, having a bunch of other cool sponsors, having parts in some super influential videos, and skating at a pro level for the past 20 or so years is considered, "Going wrong." 

The alcoholism and divorce parts suck, but the rest of his life seems pretty awesome.  Lots of divorced alcoholics haven't achieved shit.     

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3327
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »
Pfft...call me when Dustin jumps the Chinese wall from the MAGA ramp!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
i imagine that nyjah's being "mean" to dustin looks a lot like when people have to ask the chatty drunk at the spot to get out of the way.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 11:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
  Tf was his answer about girl skaters?  Total forward pedal back pedal nonsensical answer.  He had another answer after that (edit his answer about baker sobering up) which made even less sense so I said fuck it.
[close]

Probably reiterating what Nyjah said but with a societal perspective instead of Nyjah's half-assed response.

Probably drunk, more likely.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
Aye

jomeara1

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »
It's not the first time Dollin attempted to sound smart (we're talking about a dude that once said alcoholism is a minor issue)  but if being shit faced 24/7 seems to be working for him, then let him be him.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »
Dollin shouldn't give a shit about being nice to Nyjah. He has half of his skillset and people worldwide love him anyway,  he'll never be expected to do anything on Nyjah's level, just continue to be a drunken grandma who mostly eats shit, but rolls away from something heinous sometimes. He's the only one who gets away with this shit and its awesome. 

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2018, 04:31:49 PM »

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »
Y'all are forgetting that Dustin fake drinks a lot of the time.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2018, 06:23:53 PM »
Y'all are forgetting that Dustin fake drinks a lot of the time.

You beat me to it! Heard that he'll drink half of his beer bottle and then toss them out. Claiming he drank 16 beers in one night when it really adds up to 8  :P

Regardless, he's still def a certified drunk. This interview was chock full of denial, haha. Claiming that the sober PD dudes' problems weren't as related to alcohol as they claimed... YEAH RIGHT!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:55:54 PM by GOKU »

Flabby cold demeanor

• Rep: -16
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
He look like my 45 y.o. aussie mate who drinks everyday and smokes cigs... Oh wait

bo golden

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2018, 09:00:01 AM »

I don't know if traveling the world on other people's dime, having multiple shoes on Vans, having a bunch of other cool sponsors, having parts in some super influential videos, and skating at a pro level for the past 20 or so years is considered, "Going wrong." 

The alcoholism and divorce parts suck, but the rest of his life seems pretty awesome.  Lots of divorced alcoholics haven't achieved shit.   

I guess you've never seen Chappelle's Show.  My bad.  Frickin Poosy's on here.  "No! Don't talk bad about Dustin. Just Nyjah, i mean, whoever SLAP doesn't think is cool this week."

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I guess you've never seen Chappelle's Show.  My bad.  Frickin Poosy's on here.  "No! Don't talk bad about Dustin. Just Nyjah, i mean, whoever SLAP doesn't think is cool this week."
FUCK THAT! I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING WITH DUSTIN!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

bo golden

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
FUCK THAT! I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING WITH DUSTIN!

Now see!!!  That's what i was looking for!

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's a, "Chappelle"?  Who's a, "Show"? Where's a, "Poosy"?  You're on a whole 'nother level. 

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
damn he looks awful in that pic!

Looks like the dude from the eraserhead
Just shred some serious gnar.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »
Dustin rips but from the looks of his picture in that interview, he looks like he needs to drink more water. Homeboy looks dehydrated.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »
Mans looks shell shocked
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They both look dead inside.  But ehead has lips and doesn't look like a folky lesbian.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:19:22 PM by Joust Ostrich »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »
Dustin rips but from the looks of his picture in that interview, he looks like he needs to drink more water. Homeboy looks dehydrated.

It’s like have you ever heard of Gatorade, motherfucker? Go quench your thirst right now.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2018, 05:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s like have you ever heard of Gatorade Brawndo, motherfucker? Go quench  mutilate your thirst right now.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s like have you ever heard of Gatorade Brawndo, motherfucker? Go quench  mutilate your thirst right now.
[close]

its got what plants crave, its got Electrolytes

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They both look dead inside.  But ehead has lips and doesn't look like a folky lesbian.

You all do know who Jack Nance is, right?

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 04:54:57 PM »
lest we forget, DD was giving 9 jah mad props a ~year ago. renting a house in the hollywood hills a year ago with a different jawn now he's in paris, doing very little on a board. god bless skateboarding.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2018, 02:04:40 AM »
It’s pro skaters who can’t / don’t put out a lot of coverage for their sponsors that make me wonder just how much they earn. Like Dustin.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2018, 03:41:17 AM »
I think it was Chima who said somewhere that while Dustin drinks a lot, he manages to keep a fairly organized life. There are a bunch of highly successful people who are functional alcoholics, although, that doesn't stop the health risks.

Now, maybe Dollin is one of those guys and most of the Piss Drunks/Baker aren't. It clearly fucked with their ability to keep an organized life and led to a bunch of issues or eventually they just got over it. But, from the stories it seriously fucked with Reynolds life, brought Greco and Heyl down a further patch of addiction, got Ali put in jail, and in the case of some of the younger generation of people affiliated with Baker, it fucked with Spanky and Braydon's abilities to keep up the obligations to there sponsors and remain productive thereby killing their income stream.

Say what you want about Dollin, but he hasn't found himself in serious trouble that we know of, the guy pumped out footage for 15 years with his knees being his primary issues and has maintained his primary sponsors for almost 2 decades (Vans, Volcolm and Baker).