Author Topic: Tyler, the Creator - Igor  (Read 600 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Tyler, the Creator - Igor
« on: May 23, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
I have been a fan of Tyler's since like 2010 and it has been very interesting to watch him develop as an artist. I really enjoyed Flower Boy so I was stoked when he announced igor. And I do like igor.

Honestly, I agreed with pretty much everything Anthony fantano said in his review. Slightly tongue in cheek, but still expressing real emotion and even heartbreak.

First listen through I was like 'seems good, but wtf just happened?' after a few more listens it got more cohesive and I was able to follow the story arc. The rough production compliments the raw emotion in Tyler's (and guests) lyrics.

Music video for earfquake was pretty cool too. I love Tyler's videos overall.

Overall, very solid album and very different from his earlier stuff like goblin (which I still love). If you are interested in the R&B type of hip hop give it a listen.

What does you think about this album or Tyler's recent direction in general.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
Re: Tyler, the Creator - Igor
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 02:37:36 AM »
this is my favorite from him, the pacing of the album is perfect. The replay value is crazy on this one, I always listen to it front to back. Tyler is really becomming an incredible artist

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
this is my favorite from him, the pacing of the album is perfect. The replay value is crazy on this one, I always listen to it front to back. Tyler is really becomming an incredible artist

this is the first album I’ve listened front to back in a LONG TIME.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 02:39:25 AM »
love it, also love the artists who show up on the album randomly, from Playboi Carti to Solange, it’s amazing.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.