Author Topic: Vincent Alvarez | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 89  (Read 5967 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: Vincent Alvarez | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 89
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »
I thought this episode was great because I really like VA, love his skating, love the fact that he's like the modern version of the Las Nueve Vidas de Paco CHocolate squad. Obviously he doesn't have as much storys to tell and is not as good of a storyteller as someone like Dill or something like that.

This definitely made me rewatch all of his footage and it is definitely a delight. His intro to Chocolate was definitely awesome, as well as the footage in his Day in the Life which definitely shows that he is a dude that actually skates around and doesnt just go and hit up spots to film after his sesh at the private TF.. This dude is definitely a treat to watch skate. Fuck it let's turn this into an appreciation thread.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
Henry fuckin hates the skate industry.

Hell never do this show
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bread Harrity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »
I thought this episode was great because I really like VA, love his skating, love the fact that he's like the modern version of the Las Nueve Vidas de Paco CHocolate squad. Obviously he doesn't have as much storys to tell and is not as good of a storyteller as someone like Dill or something like that.

This definitely made me rewatch all of his footage and it is definitely a delight. His intro to Chocolate was definitely awesome, as well as the footage in his Day in the Life which definitely shows that he is a dude that actually skates around and doesnt just go and hit up spots to film after his sesh at the private TF.. This dude is definitely a treat to watch skate. Fuck it let's turn this into an appreciation thread.

Definitely...

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »
So far this may be the best episode yet.  I'm about 6 minutes in and the talk of his spots and set up, so far, is the closest Chris Roberts and company have sounded to the Howard stern show. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »

I back his skating, but he doesn't really give me a Las Nueve Vidas de Pacos Vibe outside of maybe Paulo Diaz and the fact he's of Latino heritage from Cali. I think it was Chico who actually compared his skating to a modern day Rudy Johnson which fits. Stevie Perez actually give me more classic of being a Latino kid from Cali with an extremely clean style while being fairly tech similar to Gabriel or Chico. Seems most of the early Chocolate guys and even throughout history have had very clean styles such as Shamil, Keenan, Chico, Gabriel, Gino, Scott Johnston, MJ, Pops, Kenny, etc. Vince is out of control but in an awesome and controlled way.

nevecampbell

• Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 09:02:37 PM »
Don't Answer The Door, Don't Leave The House, Don't Answer The Phone, But Most Of All, Don't SCREAM.

bawtawd9

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 08:21:35 AM »
Prolly my favorite behind penny, well sheei idunno