Author Topic: Lower Bob’s P-Stone Invitational Video  (Read 4948 times)

louie the taurus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -119
Re: Lower Bob’s P-Stone Invitational Video
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Grindline the Band is really bad.
Emmanuel Guzman was fucking charging in the initial heats!

Little Debbie

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »
T-funk would have been sick in the finals

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 08:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone else think this was kinda weird? like having a skate industry popular guy party at lower bobs for what seemed like an antihero/thrasher production, all the while the anti-hero old guard (stranger, cardiel, t-mo, hewitt, gerwer) hardly anywhere to be seen, while the antihero new-guard GT and raney are center stage all nike'd/conversed out. really heavy nike presence overall. while TNT/andy roy have got their thing going on.

the whole thing kinda felt like havin the neighborhood over for a 4th of july bbq while mom and dad are in the middle of a divorce.

idk just seemed weird.

anti hero kinda peaked for me since destination unknown/robbie russo grew up.
[close]
Cardiel and T-mo were both definitely there, same with Andy, woman beater, Robbie, Raney, Albino, Kanfoush, GT, a bunch of flow kids....I'm not sure exactly what you are saying...are you saying that because not every single member of the team was in the edit that Antihero is falling apart? Because I just saw this huge contest held at a DIY spot built by a crew of people led by an antihero pro and filled with antihero skaters, that was won by a pro for antihero and cheered on by a bunch of guys who skate for antihero.

yeah that's what i mean. all those guys were there but no real team vibes. not like in the old videos, at least. like anti hero used to have this anonymous, low-profile ethos. and that's what made the first beauty and the beast tour what it was. because antihero was the opposite of the high profile look that girl had. but nowadays, a beauty and the beast like thing wouldn't have the same effect because antihero is trendy in a way that it hasn't been before. it's not the company's fault. it's just where skating is at. even the antihero working guy look has been boutique-ified in skateshops and everywhere else. i'm tempted to say there's a kind of Dillian upriver/downriver dynamic at play.

love robbie russo, but he's nowhere near as relevant to antihero as he used to be. peabody and petaishiski are gone. other guys got older, and now it has a different flavor. not falling apart at all. probably the most successful the company has ever been. but it's different to me.

not asking anyone to agree with me. just wanna know if anyone is gettin the same impression that i'm getting.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2018, 10:02:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone else think this was kinda weird? like having a skate industry popular guy party at lower bobs for what seemed like an antihero/thrasher production, all the while the anti-hero old guard (stranger, cardiel, t-mo, hewitt, gerwer) hardly anywhere to be seen, while the antihero new-guard GT and raney are center stage all nike'd/conversed out. really heavy nike presence overall. while TNT/andy roy have got their thing going on.

the whole thing kinda felt like havin the neighborhood over for a 4th of july bbq while mom and dad are in the middle of a divorce.

idk just seemed weird.

anti hero kinda peaked for me since destination unknown/robbie russo grew up.
[close]
Cardiel and T-mo were both definitely there, same with Andy, woman beater, Robbie, Raney, Albino, Kanfoush, GT, a bunch of flow kids....I'm not sure exactly what you are saying...are you saying that because not every single member of the team was in the edit that Antihero is falling apart? Because I just saw this huge contest held at a DIY spot built by a crew of people led by an antihero pro and filled with antihero skaters, that was won by a pro for antihero and cheered on by a bunch of guys who skate for antihero.

[close]
yeah that's what i mean. all those guys were there but no real team vibes. not like in the old videos, at least. like anti hero used to have this anonymous, low-profile ethos. and that's what made the first beauty and the beast tour what it was. because antihero was the opposite of the high profile look that girl had. but nowadays, a beauty and the beast like thing wouldn't have the same effect because antihero is trendy in a way that it hasn't been before. it's not the company's fault. it's just where skating is at. even the antihero working guy look has been boutique-ified in skateshops and everywhere else. i'm tempted to say there's a kind of Dillian upriver/downriver dynamic at play.

love robbie russo, but he's nowhere near as relevant to antihero as he used to be. peabody and petaishiski are gone. other guys got older, and now it has a different flavor. not falling apart at all. probably the most successful the company has ever been. but it's different to me.

not asking anyone to agree with me. just wanna know if anyone is gettin the same impression that i'm getting.
That makes more sense, but I feel like you are miscategorizing Raney. Dude lived with Andy Roy and cracked his skull skating on a roadtrip. He fits perfectly within the Antihero tradition, even if the tradition is more commodified now.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »

That makes more sense, but I feel like you are miscategorizing Raney. Dude lived with Andy Roy and cracked his skull skating on a roadtrip. He fits perfectly within the Antihero tradition, even if the tradition is more commodified now.

yeah ur right about that.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
That was sick, glad no one got hurt.
Raven, oski, Raney and GT all go so fast, makes me want to get better at skating transition this summer.
Also the caption on the photo of koston, "koston getting flared"

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »

well then I recommend you do not watch grindline the movie

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 11:16:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Grindline the musical was just awful. A wasted night on broadway for me
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 09:51:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Grindline the musical was just awful. A wasted night on broadway for me

well thats okay because grindline the amusement park just opened. it has a rollercoaster ride shaped like mark Hubbards ulcer

thomas kook

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »
i ate grindline the cereal for breakfast the other day tastes vaguely like concrete but mostly like ass