Author Topic: Roxy  (Read 1402 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Roxy
« on: March 21, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
   So there is a concentration of sponsored girls.  I watched this new vans thing with Lizzy I think is her name.  It was more about her 'take' on fashion and nails, with 15% actual skating and I realized, they're (edit big wigs) going to capitalize this like the disgusting display that is female pro surfing.  So then we'll be just as nascar as surfing is.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:33:47 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Roxy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:19:34 PM »
If you haven't noticed "real" skateboarding isn't paying much right now so if these female skaters are going to have enough money and time to compete or produce content they are gonna have to do some questionable (read "non core") shit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 03:26:45 PM »
If you haven't noticed "real" skateboarding isn't paying much right now so if these female skaters are going to have enough money and time to compete or produce content they are gonna have to do some questionable (read "non core") shit.
  And I'm not blaming the girls, don't get me wrong.  I'm just bitching generally.  If something is negative and seems somewhat inevitable, should I even bother talking about it?  I dunno.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »
Wait 'till you see the lifestyle brand stuff BA is getting ready to pitch.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
I can barely watch surf media anymore it has become so white washed and bland. Now the same thing is happening to skating.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
As long as they don't become a bunch of Leticia clones via fake boobs,spandex/leggings and mad bikini pics they'll be fine doing what they gotta do.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »

Here's a 2 minute video of Reynolds talking about a pair of pants and doing one skateboard trick. So, you see, men do it too.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 06:01:06 PM »

I'd say skateboarding as a whole is paying more attention to, and giving more props to female skaters than ever before. There's multiple female pros, and not just on small girl-only niche brands. Female skaters getting covers, full parts in videos, major sponsorships... respect.

Male pros have done countless cheezy as hell videos/promos etc for every questionable product and media outlet under the sun. It's because there's not much money in skating and they do what they feel they have to to get by. Nobody is putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to do corny shit - it's a choice.