Author Topic: Zachary Cruz held on $500k Trespassing/Skateboarding bond at Lakeland school  (Read 3162 times)

poocrusher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/03/20/us/nikolas-cruz-brother-arrested/index.html

Discuss?!?

If I went to school there, that would freak me out.

Is the judge an asshole or justified?

Does Zachary probably need some professional help?

Largest skateboarding bond of all time?

I have too many meandering thoughts on this. 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:48:52 AM by poocrusher »

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
Pretty fucked up you can be treated so unfairly because your brother is a fuckhead.

Poor fella

shark tits

free the guy. it said they're gonna search his house for guns because he was skating there.

ungzilla

damn, that's jacked. i've been wondering generally about how much life left skaters have at school spots as these things keep happening. it's a perfect justification for locking schools/campuses the fuck down after hours, and going nuts on anyone who isn't supposed to be there. basically i'm waiting to be skating at a school and the swat teams shows up because of reported gunfire (ollies).

feedmeseymour

with a bail bondsman it would only be 5k i think, still an absurd amount, i got arrested and booked for trespassing/resisting arrest while shooting skate photos ten years ago, my bond was 1000 bucks (bail bonds 100 bucks)

shark tits

with a bail bondsman it would only be 5k i think, still an absurd amount, i got arrested and booked for trespassing/resisting arrest while shooting skate photos ten years ago, my bond was 1000 bucks (bail bonds 100 bucks)
who's got $5000 to spare?
bail is something you get back when you show up to court.
when you go through a bondsman it's non refundable, he keeps your 10% and puts up the rest on credit. if you don't go it comes out of his insurance which is why there's bounty hunters.
so yeah, $5000 is way too much to pay for a misdemeanor.
also, 10% of 500 is 50 not 5 so just drop $50,000 to fight the case from the outs? shee-it.

bawtawd9

Man that some bullshit. 500k and he better have a shitlist a priors, but still either way da some bullsjit.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
The prosecution was saying that he has been warned previously about not skating there, he doesn’t live in the same county of the school, and he gave a false home address to police. They brought up his continued contact with his brother during the trial, his prior offenses as a juvenile including grand theft. They are ordering that his house be searched and he is psychologically evaluated. This is a community that just lost 17 people in a mass shooting whom many were children. I don’t agree with the bail that was set, but I can empathize with them for being overly cautious

On a lighter note: here he is skateboarding
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfjbC34FKO8/?taken-by=zachtheskaterkid
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:41:40 PM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
There's some more information in this article about him being jealous of his brothers fame.  Bond was originally set at $25 and was paid by some model, then raised to $500,000.  Does Marjory Stone have good spots?  Because dude rips, it'd be more understandable if there were good spots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5529107/Zachary-Cruz-18-bond-posted-Florida-beauty-22.html

shark tits

if he did a heelflip trick i'd swear that was slightly dated footage of w.easely

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
The US legal system is fucked.

I get over cautious but not at the expense of someone's legal rights.

Kids also an idiot skating there. Your just looking for trouble.

And I disagree with how harsh the court handled it, but does this kid not see how this would have been an amazingly bad idea to begin with?
Gentleman ninja warlock

calvinsdream

500k bond is fucked for this. It's a misdemeanor.

Sad Hippo

This is a glaring 8th amendment violation. He's not his brother.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
The prosecution was saying that he was been warned previously about not skating there, he doesn’t live in the same county of the school, and he gave a false home address to police. They brought up his continued contact with his brother during the trial, his prior offenses as a juvenile including grand theft. They are ordering that his house be searched and he is psychologically evaluated. This is a community that just lost 17 people in a mass shooting whom many were children. I don’t agree with the bail that was set, but I can empathize with them for being overly cautious

On a lighter note: here he is skateboarding
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfjbC34FKO8/?taken-by=zachtheskaterkid
Nah, fuck that. He is not his brother and the system that failed to protect people from his brother is now trying to fuck him to cover their tracks. This is bullshit.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
damn, that's jacked. i've been wondering generally about how much life left skaters have at school spots as these things keep happening. it's a perfect justification for locking schools/campuses the fuck down after hours, and going nuts on anyone who isn't supposed to be there. basically i'm waiting to be skating at a school and the swat teams shows up because of reported gunfire (ollies).
10 - 20 years ago here in San Diego most of the schools were open on the weekends. Nowadays; you're hopping the fence if you want to skate most of them. Just a few months ago, me and my buddies were inside this one schoolyard. The cops rolled up on us and said the neighbors had called. There was a photographer with us and he had a big bag with his tripods in there. The neighbors who called said he had a rifle case. The cops seemed pretty relieved that they were only dealing with some skateboarders.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Holy fuck neighborhood on high alert! Can't blame em, but hopefully nothing bad starts happening.

Calling in what appears to be a rifle case could lead to some gnarly shit
Gentleman ninja warlock

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
ableSkateMag.com

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20

Genericwhitemale

Had to see if he's been mentioned already.
But this guy is posting his skating on IG while banking on his brothers noteriety.
Even has a reality show with some kook.
https://instagram.com/beingzachcruz?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
crisis skater