Author Topic: Bearings  (Read 18451 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bearings
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
I've been skating bearing made by the dude who originally put up that information, Rock'n Ron. Good luck finding them though.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 03:48:55 AM »
I got modus titaniums on my rain setup, I like 'em.

Are they really titanium so they don't rust? It says "titanium alloy balls and rings" on their site but that doesn't really say anything. Could also be bullshit like often happens with skate stuff. Are they magnetic?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »
Kind of keen to try some modus' now. Board fell in the water yesterday so doubt these Bronson raws are gonna last much more. What are the differences between all the different modus bearings and which ones should I go for? I'm willing to shell out a bit more if the more expensive ones are better. Would have tried swiss 6 but theyre over 60 now which is a bit too much.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
I asked Modus some details about the Titanium bearings and they got back to me with a vague reply and told me that they still rust. Either they don't know how titanium works or their titanium bearings are not titanium or they don't actually know what their bearings are made out of. I was hoping they'd be a good option for my rain set up but now I'm not so sure. I asked them for more details on them but they haven't gotten back to me yet at least.  :o

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 09:56:13 PM »
Kind of keen to try some modus' now. Board fell in the water yesterday so doubt these Bronson raws are gonna last much more. What are the differences between all the different modus bearings and which ones should I go for? I'm willing to shell out a bit more if the more expensive ones are better. Would have tried swiss 6 but theyre over 60 now which is a bit too much.

I love the blacks so much I have 4 sets, but the other slapper says the blues are really good so I would try those unless you really want some weight shaved I say go for the $30 titanium’s

Idk about anyone else but my years of skating experience these modus are definitely worth your money
yes

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2018, 11:53:01 PM »
I've got a set of Modus titanium's that came as an unlisted bonus on a complete setup I bought online for the trucks/wheels. They've been golden and will be my go to from now on, $25aud less than bones too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:56:31 PM by AsianVegan »

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 12:35:48 AM »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »
I'm a fan of Bones Swiss 6, nothing feels as fast (especially when they are dry and screaming).

I also run a set of Seismic Tekton 6-Ball Performance Bearings and they have never felt as fast as the Swiss Six and the shields were always an issue (bending or popping off).

Hardluck, I'd be down to try if I got them free but given that dude's history and the kookfucking hat scheme he does, I pass ;)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:08:04 PM by Xen »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
I've been skating bearing made by the dude who originally put up that information, Rock'n Ron. Good luck finding them though.
I got a set of those - they are way slower than my Swiss purchased at the same time -which was around 5 years back.