Author Topic: Oh you're in to fitness?  (Read 5361 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Oh you're in to fitness?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 06:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skateboard by day, joe rogan podcast by night.
[close]

All day!

Yah -turn your brain to mush!

I maintain a community forest now and get paid to dig in trails for mountain bikers and hikesters. I highly suggest digging as an excercise. Go dig, ya dig?
I like kettle bells too. Snatches, swing squats, pick up to overhead presses, all the goodies.
[close]
[close]

You the elaborating type or just the throw feces and rattle the cage type?
  Sorry, Joe's head is big and dumb and he's not truthful on his podcast fyi. (wait is Joe Rogan on slap)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 08:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

All day!

I maintain a community forest now and get paid to dig in trails for mountain bikers and hikesters. I highly suggest digging as an excercise. Go dig, ya dig?
I like kettle bells too. Snatches, swing squats, pick up to overhead presses, all the goodies.
[close]
[close]

[close]
  Sorry, Joe's head is big and dumb and he's not truthful on his podcast fyi. (wait is Joe Rogan on slap)
I listen to it for the guests but yeah Joe is pretty obnoxious most of the time.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »
I stopped spending so much time indoors on the internet, and more time outside. I try to get 200-250 miles a week on the bike, run a 5k here and there. 50 pushups a day and some painful planks for core strength. And of course, skating.

I no longer feel groggy and depressed. My scoliosis would flare up so I couldn't skate, and I'd cope by eating my feelings like a lard ass. Doing core work helped with that. Shit worked out, I no longer feel like hot trash daily. I think part of that was cutting out dairy and only eating plants. God, I sound like a fucking jock...
  I know skaters hate jocks and I hate them but when you're 40 something and you don't want to die off with the skating/surfing you better come to terms with whether or not you want to BE a jock.   I guess you could work around it by just doing yoga, lol.   I'm weight training rite now, (just high reps nothing heavey)  but will switch over to just yoga at some point here me thinks.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 08:29:59 PM »
Lifting weights/being into fitness does not = being a jock.

Working out and skating both keep me sane.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

All day!

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
I listen to it for the guests but yeah Joe is pretty obnoxious most of the time.

Both of these.
Of course, everything in critical moderation. Its good for getting quick info on cool science translated to the laymen, such as Dan Flores.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »
It's been a hard realization, but diet is so important.  I ate/eat like shit and trying to break bad habits is harder than anything physical.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »
It's been a hard realization, but diet is so important.  I ate/eat like shit and trying to break bad habits is harder than anything physical.
  Don't skip breakfast.  Tally up ur sugar intake.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Don't skip breakfast.  Tally up ur sugar intake.

Diet is, by far, the hardest part. I have no problems training four times a week, but saying no to pizza is too damn hard.

I was eating chicken, brown rise and veggies for a month last may. It does wonders but drives you insane.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 01:41:43 AM »
100 push-ups every day for 2 or 3 years now, takes 5 min and works like a charm, thanks again for that advice, sharktits, pizzas and beers are mineee

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 05:33:34 AM »
100 push-ups every day for 2 or 3 years now, takes 5 min and works like a charm, thanks again for that advice, sharktits, pizzas and beers are mineee

You can always throw in some incline p-ups for them upper pecs.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 05:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You can always throw in some incline p-ups for them upper pecs.
upper pecs are fine, i'll try to add some tractions for the rest of them muscles^^

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 06:53:25 AM »
My vertical blows, has anyone in here specifically did exercises to increase jump, and have seen success?
if so, you're a player if you'd share your secrets!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 07:52:41 AM »
My vertical blows, has anyone in here specifically did exercises to increase jump, and have seen success?

I heard that is pretty much set and dictated by your genetics. That is why NFL coaches are testing them. Don't know if true. Euro TM told me.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 08:10:12 AM »
You can definitely increase vertical but it takes an insane amount of work.

Part of it is genetic, since calves are generally dived into two categories, fast twich or sliw twitch muscle fibers. Well a third as well I suppose, which would be a blend of both equally.

That being said, vertical jump starts in the lower back, through the quads and finishes with calves.

Any type of jump/squat variations will help, deadlifts for sure as well as core work.

Calves is just a fuckin guessing game. Usually leaning towards super high volume and or super heavy weight.

Remember your calves are trained WAY fuckin more than any other body part(walking) so they can take alot of abuse and are stubborn as fuck to respond

My advice would be to look for videos on jumping mechanics(how to physically elevate, leave those doods working on engines alone) and train the muscles involved in the actual mechanics

Gentleman ninja warlock

Sad Hippo

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »
Get you some Jimmy's, they'll help your vertical.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 01:45:39 PM »
Probably ABP..but jumping rope is a good way to help w. vertical, and overall a good skate excercise.  You can google a good little interval workout w. jumping rope and body weight stuff that should keep  you moving....i think jumping rope is a current skate trend....it's the new acoustic guitar....

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 04:59:42 PM »
Calf raises, lunges, & wall sits are all pretty effective in my experience

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
you guys are #1
i'm looking for meal prep info, all i make is chicken and peppers and then i get bored and fall back on pizza and beer
anyone got idears for dat?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »
you guys are #1
i'm looking for meal prep info, all i make is chicken and peppers and then i get bored and fall back on pizza and beer
anyone got idears for dat?
  Buy Flax seed and grind it yourself.  -CHeap omegas.  Try eating salmon. Just barely cook it and put lemon on it.  Buy lots of sprouts and eat those.  Avacados squished with bananas.  Put frozen kale into your eggs.  You can sit there and eat sprouts with nut butter if your feeling lazy. Kippers in a can. Non sweetened keifer is the bomb.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:04:41 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
overnight oats: fill them shits with nuts, seeds, fruit, yoghurt whatever you can get your hands on

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2018, 10:52:54 PM »
Lentil stew with beans, and whatever you feel putting in to it. Takes zero effort.

Salmon teriyaki. Put shit in oven, wait a bit, done.

Pulled beef/chicken/pork. Throw meat in tin foil with some shit. Slow cook in oven for 12 hours. Takes almost negative amout of effort and you now have 3 pounds of meat.

Add bulgur/quinoa or brown rise, depending on how much you hate yourself.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:02:22 PM by iKobrakai »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 11:29:11 PM »
watched some Neen vids today and he sparked me to start going back to the gym regularly.
Dude has some pretty decent gains considering what he used to look like!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 11:44:34 PM »
Well how about posting your go to fitness videos or workouts here. Yoga, kettlebell, pilates, whatever.

I'm at the point in life where I need to do a little more than just skate to maintain some level of being fit.  I hit the elliptical 3-5 times a week for 45 minutes at either 3 or 4 resistance, with the goal of getting my cardio up enough to start running instead.  I tried to run last week and could barely walk for 4 days after, my knees were so sore. Also doing light weight stuff but I'm getting kind of bored and need some inspiration.  Youtube has way too many shitty videos to try to sift through, so let's see what your go to's are.

either pilates or yoga would help tons for sure, the "core" as they called it (your abs area basically) gets stronger and so does your balance plus you learn a lot about stretching that comes handy after the session. I'm 30 no and have been doing it of a couple years and boy it makes a difference

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2018, 02:47:50 AM »
Lifting weights/being into fitness does not = being a jock.

Working out and skating both keep me sane.

Same here, and quite possibly that I'll ask Dompierre to train me in the next few months.
Not sure if I'm happy with my current coach :(