Author Topic: Jerry of Emerica on...  (Read 36167 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Jerry of Emerica on...
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »
Lol spanly  just uploaded a photo of Kader and Bam and Kader is wearing es. Kader of vans already ??

The one where he obviously swapped Kader and Bam's heads you goddamn idiot?

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »
Lol spanly  just uploaded a photo of Kader and Bam and Kader is wearing es. Kader of vans already ??

I really hope you were kidding because otherwise you are really dumb

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
LOL KADER HAZ TINY HED FOR SUCH A FAT BODEE #bearforce1

ungzilla

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »
i wonder what kader's pro model on es will look like

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Vans is slowly becoming the new Nike.
[close]
How?
I feel like in the past when a pro would leave his shoe sponsor we would immediately see them rocking Nike, now it seems like Vans is the go to shoe for pros once they become free agents (:

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »
Can Dakota finally get on?!?

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2018, 01:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
whoa guy you're putting the cart before the horse here
[close]
This is pretty much what it boils down to. I've seen him wearing New Balance grandpa shoes too and he didn't end up sponsored by them.

I always see this stupid ass argument. No grown man above 25 is wearing vans old skools for chilling in this day and age unless they are a clueless kook. This is from someone who actually wears old skools for skating. Who knows if he's on vans but wearing that particular shoe definitely is a statement. Good chance he's off emerica me thinks.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 3
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2018, 01:53:11 PM »

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
More people who don’t skate wear Vans than Nike SB stuff. Old Schools/Skate Highs, Eras/Authentics, and to a lesser extent Slip Ons are straight up mall kid shoes at this point. It’s cute how the “core” double standard works. I wear them both regardless, so whatever.
[close]
They are the same...Both are corp. Both make good skate shoes. Both make most of their $$ off non-skate. Both pay skaters very well and both put $$ back into skating. Vans does a very good job of playing up the "core" vibe while being owned by Vanity fucking Fair. I'm convinced that a "skater owned" brand cannot survive in the shoe market. Shoes are not a true skate product and a company cannot compete on price and quality while only selling to skaters.
[close]

I haven't skated nikes since the 80s but Vans  don't make good shoes dude, c'mon
[close]

The Kyle Walker is a very good skate shoe. I hear the Crockett 2s are as well.

Does it seem like the Janoski craze has fallen big time to anyone else? I rarely ever see them anymore, whether by skaters or non.

Agreed on Vans being the skate shoe of choice for non-skaters. Old Skools, Eras, slip ons, etc... are everywhere

both kw and gc2 are so heavy, even for a cup.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
More people who don’t skate wear Vans than Nike SB stuff. Old Schools/Skate Highs, Eras/Authentics, and to a lesser extent Slip Ons are straight up mall kid shoes at this point. It’s cute how the “core” double standard works. I wear them both regardless, so whatever.
[close]
They are the same...Both are corp. Both make good skate shoes. Both make most of their $$ off non-skate. Both pay skaters very well and both put $$ back into skating. Vans does a very good job of playing up the "core" vibe while being owned by Vanity fucking Fair. I'm convinced that a "skater owned" brand cannot survive in the shoe market. Shoes are not a true skate product and a company cannot compete on price and quality while only selling to skaters.
[close]

I haven't skated nikes since the 80s but Vans  don't make good shoes dude, c'mon
[close]
I cannot speak to all Vans but the Kwalks skate very nice. I have some of the reissued full cabs that cover my high top needs. If you stick to the pro models(kwalks, chima, gil) you should be good.
Vans shoes are played out. There is a mall in every direction with a Vans store. because of those mall stores you will see scores of everyday people, dads, moms, little sisters rocking the wavy stripe on a pair of vans. some of the pro shoes are ok i guess, and the half cabs will be cool forever, but seeing the wavy stripe on every man woman and child has made me think they are not special anymore. its cool that vans does lots of stuff for skating and pays tons of riders but i just feel like a dweeb wearing them now because every dweeb on the planet wears them too.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
Vans classics are the best for skating IMO. Slip-ons, old skools with a little bit of shoe goo are perfect.

If you feel like a dweeb because you're concerned about what everybody else is doing, then maybe you should reevaluate your take on skateboarding.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »
i feel like Vans has surpassed Converse as the "all American sneaker", and I'm cool with that. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
If you feel like a dweeb because you're concerned about what everybody else is doing, then maybe you should reevaluate your take on skateboarding.
Beat me to the punch
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
Savier was sick for some reason

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
whoa guy you're putting the cart before the horse here
[close]
This is pretty much what it boils down to. I've seen him wearing New Balance grandpa shoes too and he didn't end up sponsored by them.
[close]

I always see this stupid ass argument. No grown man above 25 is wearing vans old skools for chilling in this day and age unless they are a clueless kook. This is from someone who actually wears old skools for skating. Who knows if he's on vans but wearing that particular shoe definitely is a statement. Good chance he's off emerica me thinks.
Me and pretty much all of my friends are well over the age of 25 and wear them for both and I’m pretty sure we’re not the only clueless old kooks out there. It’s a fucking shoe, if he was putting out clips in them I’d be more inclined to think he was off, but its just a random ass, one off Instagram photo. Not the most concrete evidence.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2018, 04:42:15 PM »
Savier was sick for some reason
Best team, worst shoes.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2018, 04:46:09 PM »

Jerry Hsu's Cabrynth: Dance Magic Dance

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Vans classics are the best for skating IMO. Slip-ons, old skools with a little bit of shoe goo are perfect.

what those people are doing has nothing to with skateboarding, and it is concerning. i reevaluate everything constantly. i bet you have a stack of dickies pants too and think they are the best for skating.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:35:30 PM by chipped tail »

7 year old

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »

Jerry Hsu's Cabrynth: Dance Magic Dance
this is going to blow putaslocas' fucking mind.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2018, 09:53:29 PM »
So the pro vans are better?  Maybe that's it.  I just get the cheap light weight ones.  I don't mind if everybody gets them they still look good on me!  They don't last but I don't know wtf else to get.  I'm thinking of that rubber griptape that my boy rad rat is riding.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
id like to see jerry footage in half cabs. tiltmodefolife!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »
i feel like Vans has surpassed Converse as the "all American sneaker", and I'm cool with that.

I walk through an urban college campus between the train and my office every day and the number of kids in Vans are easily the same as Converse or Nike. 

The "Skate shops" in the mall thing is still weird to me.  I hardly ever go to the mall and support my local shop, but it's still mind blowing that in my local mall there are at least three places you can buy a skateboard (Vans, Zumiez, and Pacsun).  Plus Thrasher and stuff at Urban Outfitters. 

I grew up without a local shop and my mother would literally have to phone CCS or some place in California and order boards for me.  The best was when I really wanted a pair of Fuct pants and she wouldn't say the name to the guy on the phone.  She said, "My son would like a pair of F-U-C-T jeans."     

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really hope you were kidding because otherwise you are really dumb

Lol just jokes mate

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:44 AM »
Considering Jerry’s Osiris and Emerica shoes were Vans imitations this makes sense.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2018, 04:41:56 AM »
Considering Jerry’s Osiris and Emerica shoes were Vans imitations this makes sense.

for real, the original emerica hsus were halfcabs, but worse
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2018, 04:46:06 AM »
They were more of a vulcanized mid top dunk sans strap. Just because a shoe is a mid top vulc doesn’t mean it’s a half cab.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2018, 04:52:50 AM »
So the pro vans are better?  Maybe that's it.  I just get the cheap light weight ones.  I don't mind if everybody gets them they still look good on me!  They don't last but I don't know wtf else to get.  I'm thinking of that rubber griptape that my boy rad rat is riding.

Correct. They don't even have to be someone's "pro model." They make pro versions of the classic styles, as well. You pay a little more, but you definitely feel the difference.

https://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes-skate

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2018, 04:56:47 AM »
They were more of a vulcanized mid top dunk sans strap. Just because a shoe is a mid top vulc doesn’t mean it’s a half cab.

can't you see the similarities? i know that a mid top shoe doesn't have to be a half cab ripoff but these definitely were
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

asakusa75

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2018, 05:13:49 AM »
Remember the DC Ryan Smith 2 shoes? Shameless halfcab rip...