Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 9123 times)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »
Neymar is precious and I must defend his honor on the internet. Cantona is cool and all and I appreciate the fact he'll gladly pour a plate of top ramen on his head for a joke. But France (or England, same difference) are not winning this time.

EDIT: Tough break for Egypt. I honestly didn't expect Russia to put on so many goals, even considering their opposition. I'm honestly bummed about Salah, but glad to see him score, even if just a penalty.

Neither is Brazil. They won't even make the semis.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

OldieButFrenchie

• Rep: 36
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »
Neymar is precious and I must defend his honor on the internet. Cantona is cool and all and I appreciate the fact he'll gladly pour a plate of top ramen on his head for a joke. But France (or England, same difference) are not winning this time.

EDIT: Tough break for Egypt. I honestly didn't expect Russia to put on so many goals, even considering their opposition. I'm honestly bummed about Salah, but glad to see him score, even if just a penalty.

Neither is Brazil. They won't even make the semis.

Cantona doesn't even support the French squad because he hates Deschamps..... Personnally I wish he would shut the fuck up. He said some of the most stupid shit during the whole Benzema/Valbuena scandal.....anyways he's always been a major asshole (albeit a talented one), which is why he did not have as many caps he could have with the french squad.

->Distant Rumours: well you know how it is, football fans are usually not the brightest.....   ;-)
(at least in countries where Football is king, so pretty much the whole of Europe)

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
say itís a free kick and the defense have the wall .. and it seems like they all use their hands to cover their junk for obvious reasons .. if the ball hits their hands: is that a hands ball penalty?

SJ

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »
say itís a free kick and the defense have the wall .. and it seems like they all use their hands to cover their junk for obvious reasons .. if the ball hits their hands: is that a hands ball penalty?

No, because there wasn't intent to make contact with the hands.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:13 AM »
Also, the arms and hands are held against the body, so that too makes it ok.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Jollyoli

• Rep: 47
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »
It's the difference between ball to hand and hand to ball. You'll often see defenders when blocking shots in 18 yard box keep their hands down by their sides so it can not be seen as an attempt to alter the path of the ball if it clips an arm.

Scotland will make it through the entire World Cup undefeated.
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, cuz, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai.

redcurb12

• Rep: 2
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
england v tunisia was great.. still can't believe rashford didn't take his chance

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
fuck argentina looked like shit .. croatia took advantage of that and embarrassed them

Alan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »
Yeah, that was great. Cheers, Argentina!

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
not sure which alan you are but i donít like you

straight

• SLAP Pal

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • Go buy a Ryan Lay board!
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
Bruh! 3-0? This whole world cup has been extremely unpredictable, I love it!

That first goal was embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:37:21 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Alan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
not sure which alan you are but i donít like you

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2018, 02:22:09 PM »
I got way too much enjoyment from their loss. It's just not healthy and it might bite me in the ass tomorrow... but I'm still loving it. Way to go, Croatia. The Argentines looked SHOOK, lots of easy mistakes, 100% nerves. Here's hoping Brazil won't flake again tomorrow. Let's save it to the semis at least.

Also, I'm really bummed about Peru's elimination. Guerrero couldn't cut it, and I hope my team is taking notes and won't renew his contract. Too many tantrums, too many bookings, and not enough goals. Not to mention the whole not-nose candy debacle...

Alois Hitler Jr.

• Rep: -54
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Croatia is better team. thats it. It was not "bad day" for ARG or bad "strategy". they have 8 forwards and 3 defenders,and that is not a team

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »
thatís a good point

redcurb12

• Rep: 2
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »
Croatia is better team. thats it. It was not "bad day" for ARG or bad "strategy". they have 8 forwards and 3 defenders,and that is not a team
you're right about that. croatia is actually lowkey stacked

excitableboy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
Not very lowkey though. Croatia is always good and they arguably have the best generation ever now. Pretty 50-50 game I would say. Argentina has a very mediocre team and it was surprising they made it to the finals four years ago, when some of them were still at peak fitness. Barely qualified for this and they have one of the worst goal keepers in the world. Not much Sampaoli could do (though I think he should have brought Icardi along). They resorted to the Argentine butcher game they are hated for and Messi looked embarrassed to be a part of it.

Owen

• Rep: 15
    • My Photos
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
First goal against Argentina was very embarrassing to watch

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
Messi disappeared for large portions of that game as well.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
Not very lowkey though. Croatia is always good and they arguably have the best generation ever now. Pretty 50-50 game I would say. Argentina has a very mediocre team and it was surprising they made it to the finals four years ago, when some of them were still at peak fitness. Barely qualified for this and they have one of the worst goal keepers in the world. Not much Sampaoli could do (though I think he should have brought Icardi along). They resorted to the Argentine butcher game they are hated for and Messi looked embarrassed to be a part of it.

The best Croatian generation was 96-98, but this one is a close second. But yeah, Argentina were woeful, so it's hard to gauge just how good Croatia is, since they looked pretty lackluster against Nigeria. They also committed more fouls than the Argentinians. I thought Rebic would get a red but he got subbed before that could happen. Dunno, they might make it to the qf, but I don't see them going further. Getting out of the group is nice, though.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »
Messi disappeared for large portions of that game as well.

Messi looked like a lost pedestrian in a large city to be honest, he had no clue what to do...

OldieButFrenchie

• Rep: 36
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:35 AM »

The best Croatian generation was 96-98, but this one is a close second. But yeah, Argentina were woeful, so it's hard to gauge just how good Croatia is, since they looked pretty lackluster against Nigeria. They also committed more fouls than the Argentinians. I thought Rebic would get a red but he got subbed before that could happen. Dunno, they might make it to the qf, but I don't see them going further. Getting out of the group is nice, though.

oh man I'll never forget the France-Croatia game from 98.... so close. This time it looks like we should avoid them in the next rounds so it's a good thing! and France looked so much better with Giroud on the pitch yesterday.
I'm lowkey starting to get my hopes up.....

This WC really looks wide open at this point, with so many favourites struggling and not much separating all the teams. Anyone could take it I feel.......

Alois Hitler Jr.

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »
Yeh good thing for France is they played bad but got the full prey. Now if they start to get better and better I dont know who can stop them. Spain maybe.
I dont know is it me dont liking the guy but how bad is Pogba? I feel like he needs to play and there is some good names on the bench.

Hope Croatia avoids France

ShoeProblem

• Rep: 11
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 05:54:32 AM »
Lovren is a destroyer. He used frustrate me last season with Liverpool, but he has found another gear.

excitableboy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 07:57:59 AM »

Well besides Suker this group is probably better, at least on paper. In practice they have yet to prove it of course.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 08:16:33 AM »
Suker, Prosinecki, and Boban were all world class players. In this team only Modric is better than those three. But we digress. It will be interesting to see if they bottle it like they often do...

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
I'm wearing my Croatia cap in your honor. Only not really, as it's a dress code violation even by our lax standards at work.
Today was wild and one of the tensest Brazil matches I've seen. Hard to stay confident with all of those missed chances and poor finishing. Neymar is definitely unwell and I wouldn't be surprised if misses a game, either by injury or by an easily preventable booking (e.g. arguing with the ref, throwing a tantrum, a reckless and ineffective challenge). 

Alois Hitler Jr.

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2018, 04:22:14 AM »
Brasil is very very poor , but individual quality is what gives them advantage against the teams that are not elite. I think they will leave this wc disapointed but honestly they have unrealistic expectations.
Belgium,France,Spain and even England are good in every position, just beneath them are teams like Croatia, Swiss because of organization and good performance. maybe Portugal pulls through to last 8 but I dont like the way they are playing.

anyway I am into sports betting and could not believe my luck when they gave such great odds on penalty given in the game. When they introduced VAR my first thought was there is going to be penalty on almost every game and there was A LOT. now the odds dropped a bit but still worth a shot.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2018, 08:34:44 AM »
Swiss delivered, croatia as well. Our team just kicked ass as well (Belgium btw).

Brazil, man man man... what is happening there. And I must say I'm not the biggest Neymar fan anymore, not the 'coolest' and 'friendliest' player of the World Cup. I thought he would be more 'likeable' :/