Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 21359 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 11:56:41 AM »
never place a bet for messi to make a pk .. at least he kicked it in between the goalposts
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 08:12:55 AM »
Those stupid fonts in the graphics bother me. I get it, they play in Russia, real fucking original. They didn't use lines of coke to spell shit in Brazil, so what's up with that?

And another thing: why did they change Kroos' number from 18 to 8 a couple of years ago? I played under 18 when I was a kid, and this bothers me. Then again, I got 2 during one game.

Any of fellow Euro thrash can relate?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:21:12 AM by iKobrakai »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »
Yeah, might as well gone the Borat route and used the d's for a's.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
Holy shit! Mexico scored first, Wasn’t expecting that at all.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »
Holy shit! Mexico scored first, Wasn’t expecting that at all.

I kind of did. Sloppy play and they just don't seem to be trying that hard. Pretty much just stood there. They can play much better.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »
it’s onky a matter of time .. germany has taken over this game now .. shout out to marquez; what a legend
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »
I'm gonna go throw up now.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2018, 09:59:39 AM »
 8)

What a game, I was at the edge the last few minutes. Layun had a few good missed opportunities but they still held on. Damn wasn’t expecting that at all, at the very least a draw but not a win.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2018, 10:29:12 AM »
whoa

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »
brazil vs. switzerland was frustrating to watch. the swiss were fouling the whole game.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »
8)

What a game, I was at the edge the last few minutes. Layun had a few good missed opportunities but they still held on. Damn wasn’t expecting that at all, at the very least a draw but not a win.
neither did i, as a mexican all i wanted was thr match not to end up being 7-0
But somehow our paisas got the win hahaha
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »
Quite liking the upsets.

SJ

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »
Mexico squandered so many opportunities, should've been 3-0.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
Oh, it's gonna be one of those Cups, eh? Big teams better get their shit together.

... and yes, I did puke just a bit later the same night after Germany's shameful display of lazyness.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »
I’m assuming Ozil is going to get blamed for that goal/game ain’t he?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2018, 11:52:05 PM »
Quite liking the upsets.

yup. This is shaping up to be an interesting WC..... I'm usually more of a rugby fan cause that's what I played growing up, before I got into skating, but at least in football the smaller teams are given more of a chance.

Also quite satisfied they are finally using the video ref, about time! It should weed out the more obvious mistakes, at least. France wasn't super impressive vs Australia, but after the Argentina-Germany-Brasil games.....I feel they did pretty good!! Also I don't understand how australian fans can complain when their team had 1 shot on target in the whole game and their only score was gifted by a stupid French mistake......
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:57:25 PM by OldieButFrenchie »

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 03:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Quite liking the upsets.
[close]

yup. This is shaping up to be an interesting WC..... I'm usually more of a rugby fan cause that's what I played growing up, before I got into skating, but at least in football the smaller teams are given more of a chance.

Also quite satisfied they are finally using the video ref, about time! It should weed out the more obvious mistakes, at least. France wasn't super impressive vs Australia, but after the Argentina-Germany-Brasil games.....I feel they did pretty good!! Also I don't understand how australian fans can complain when their team had 1 shot on target in the whole game and their only score was gifted by a stupid French mistake......

I agree.

I wonder how many of these upsets are due to fatigue. All the players of the top teams have long seasons behind them with some of them having played up to 60 professional matches (national league plus national cup, euro league or champions league and the top teams usually go far in all of these).

Some of the players of the German team that won the World Cup in 2014 took a long time to get back to their old form after. Schweinsteiger was never the same again, after he basicly played the World Cup injured.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 04:24:09 AM »
Big surprise: I'm backing France!! (where I grew up)
but also Colombia (my roots)
Countries I want to fail: Germany (because Schumacher/Battiston is my first ever memory of football) and Belgium (cause all the Belgians I know want France to fail so I reciprocate haha   ;D)

and yes Spain Portugal was awesome yesterday...Ronaldo seems to have matured finally. Less ego, more team spirit.

Allright I'm about to tune in to the France Australia game. My eldest son is a huge Griezmann fan so I hope he scores!

huh? what kind and how many Belgians did you meet?  :D

We always poke fun of the Netherlands (but we secretely love them) but certainly don't want France to fail.
If Belgium wasn't in the world cup I think 85% would definitely support for France, and the rest for the Netherlands.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 05:12:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Countries I want to fail: Germany (because Schumacher/Battiston is my first ever memory of football) and Belgium (cause all the Belgians I know want France to fail so I reciprocate haha   ;D)

and yes Spain Portugal was awesome yesterday...Ronaldo seems to have matured finally. Less ego, more team spirit.

Allright I'm about to tune in to the France Australia game. My eldest son is a huge Griezmann fan so I hope he scores!
[close]

We always poke fun of the Netherlands (but we secretely love them) but certainly don't want France to fail.
If Belgium wasn't in the world cup I think 85% would definitely support for France, and the rest for the Netherlands.

dude I live in Brussels!! I meet quite a few Belgians haha....so I take it that you are flemish.
And believe me, I'd say 80% of the french-speaking Belgians want France to fail. They want it bad actually. Little brother complex towards France. The first time I felt it was watching the 2006 final in Brussels...(Italy-France) and it hasn't changed.

Just one recent exemple: euro 2016 is over, and a Belgian guy tells me: "Well the most important thing is France did not win". I was like "really?? that is more important to you than the fact you were eliminated by Wales???".

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Quite liking the upsets.
[close]

I agree 100%. I hate it when the media drums up a loss as if we were hard done by for losing. I guess it's not compatible with the nationalism the world cup is made out.

Australia played well but ultimately France was a better team.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2018, 06:03:42 AM »
I can't wait to watch England find a way to fuck up.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2018, 06:45:16 AM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »
King Eric strikes again.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »
brazil vs. switzerland was frustrating to watch. the swiss were fouling the whole game.
agree that the bra-sui match wasn't the most exciting. but the swiss were fighting. and neymar is a class player, but he's a better actor. he's was laying more on the ground than standing up. calling him a pu..y would be offensive to every real pu..y
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dude I live in Brussels!! I meet quite a few Belgians haha....so I take it that you are flemish.
And believe me, I'd say 80% of the french-speaking Belgians want France to fail. They want it bad actually. Little brother complex towards France. The first time I felt it was watching the 2006 final in Brussels...(Italy-France) and it hasn't changed.

Just one recent exemple: euro 2016 is over, and a Belgian guy tells me: "Well the most important thing is France did not win". I was like "really?? that is more important to you than the fact you were eliminated by Wales???".

I work in Brussels!

You met ignorant douchebags unfortunately.
And yeah probably from the French speaking part of Belgium...

Thierry Henry is even our assistant coach so what they said/say doesn't even make any sense.
The Flemish part definitely roots for France, I can say that.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »

Who is that guy anyway? How many world cups did he ever go to? How many Champion League titles does he have on his resume? Did he score more goals than Neymar? The Olympics don't count, as usual. It's funny, because Neymar will play until his 40s even if he gets unfairly left out of a world cup again. Maybe he'll dropkick a hooligan too, and make it even, should he decide to be just a cult hero instead of a regular world-class-player kind of hero. That haircut was bad, though, glad he got rid of it.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »
Shit, did you just do a "Let's see you do it!"?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »
Neymar is precious and I must defend his honor on the internet. Cantona is cool and all and I appreciate the fact he'll gladly pour a plate of top ramen on his head for a joke. But France (or England, same difference) are not winning this time.

EDIT: Tough break for Egypt. I honestly didn't expect Russia to put on so many goals, even considering their opposition. I'm honestly bummed about Salah, but glad to see him score, even if just a penalty.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:55:11 PM by 20matar »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
Russia got a really easy group. I expect a grand piano to fall on them in the round of 16.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:26 PM »
Neymar is precious and I must defend his honor on the internet. Cantona is cool and all and I appreciate the fact he'll gladly pour a plate of top ramen on his head for a joke. But France (or England, same difference) are not winning this time.

EDIT: Tough break for Egypt. I honestly didn't expect Russia to put on so many goals, even considering their opposition. I'm honestly bummed about Salah, but glad to see him score, even if just a penalty.

Neither is Brazil. They won't even make the semis.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.