Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 21358 times)

OldieButFrenchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Neymar is precious and I must defend his honor on the internet. Cantona is cool and all and I appreciate the fact he'll gladly pour a plate of top ramen on his head for a joke. But France (or England, same difference) are not winning this time.

EDIT: Tough break for Egypt. I honestly didn't expect Russia to put on so many goals, even considering their opposition. I'm honestly bummed about Salah, but glad to see him score, even if just a penalty.
[close]

Neither is Brazil. They won't even make the semis.

Cantona doesn't even support the French squad because he hates Deschamps..... Personnally I wish he would shut the fuck up. He said some of the most stupid shit during the whole Benzema/Valbuena scandal.....anyways he's always been a major asshole (albeit a talented one), which is why he did not have as many caps he could have with the french squad.

->Distant Rumours: well you know how it is, football fans are usually not the brightest.....   ;-)
(at least in countries where Football is king, so pretty much the whole of Europe)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
say it’s a free kick and the defense have the wall .. and it seems like they all use their hands to cover their junk for obvious reasons .. if the ball hits their hands: is that a hands ball penalty?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SJ

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »
say it’s a free kick and the defense have the wall .. and it seems like they all use their hands to cover their junk for obvious reasons .. if the ball hits their hands: is that a hands ball penalty?

No, because there wasn't intent to make contact with the hands.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:13 AM »
Also, the arms and hands are held against the body, so that too makes it ok.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »
It's the difference between ball to hand and hand to ball. You'll often see defenders when blocking shots in 18 yard box keep their hands down by their sides so it can not be seen as an attempt to alter the path of the ball if it clips an arm.

Scotland will make it through the entire World Cup undefeated.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
england v tunisia was great.. still can't believe rashford didn't take his chance
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
fuck argentina looked like shit .. croatia took advantage of that and embarrassed them

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »
Yeah, that was great. Cheers, Argentina!

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
not sure which alan you are but i don’t like you

straight

• SLAP Pal

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2018, 01:32:39 PM »
Bruh! 3-0? This whole world cup has been extremely unpredictable, I love it!

That first goal was embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:37:21 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
not sure which alan you are but i don’t like you

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2018, 02:22:09 PM »
I got way too much enjoyment from their loss. It's just not healthy and it might bite me in the ass tomorrow... but I'm still loving it. Way to go, Croatia. The Argentines looked SHOOK, lots of easy mistakes, 100% nerves. Here's hoping Brazil won't flake again tomorrow. Let's save it to the semis at least.

Also, I'm really bummed about Peru's elimination. Guerrero couldn't cut it, and I hope my team is taking notes and won't renew his contract. Too many tantrums, too many bookings, and not enough goals. Not to mention the whole not-nose candy debacle...

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Croatia is better team. thats it. It was not "bad day" for ARG or bad "strategy". they have 8 forwards and 3 defenders,and that is not a team
9/11 was a national tragedy

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »
that’s a good point

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »
Croatia is better team. thats it. It was not "bad day" for ARG or bad "strategy". they have 8 forwards and 3 defenders,and that is not a team
you're right about that. croatia is actually lowkey stacked
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
Not very lowkey though. Croatia is always good and they arguably have the best generation ever now. Pretty 50-50 game I would say. Argentina has a very mediocre team and it was surprising they made it to the finals four years ago, when some of them were still at peak fitness. Barely qualified for this and they have one of the worst goal keepers in the world. Not much Sampaoli could do (though I think he should have brought Icardi along). They resorted to the Argentine butcher game they are hated for and Messi looked embarrassed to be a part of it.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
First goal against Argentina was very embarrassing to watch
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 07:39:20 PM »
Messi disappeared for large portions of that game as well.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 08:13:34 PM »
Not very lowkey though. Croatia is always good and they arguably have the best generation ever now. Pretty 50-50 game I would say. Argentina has a very mediocre team and it was surprising they made it to the finals four years ago, when some of them were still at peak fitness. Barely qualified for this and they have one of the worst goal keepers in the world. Not much Sampaoli could do (though I think he should have brought Icardi along). They resorted to the Argentine butcher game they are hated for and Messi looked embarrassed to be a part of it.

The best Croatian generation was 96-98, but this one is a close second. But yeah, Argentina were woeful, so it's hard to gauge just how good Croatia is, since they looked pretty lackluster against Nigeria. They also committed more fouls than the Argentinians. I thought Rebic would get a red but he got subbed before that could happen. Dunno, they might make it to the qf, but I don't see them going further. Getting out of the group is nice, though.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »
Messi disappeared for large portions of that game as well.

Messi looked like a lost pedestrian in a large city to be honest, he had no clue what to do...

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2018, 12:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The best Croatian generation was 96-98, but this one is a close second. But yeah, Argentina were woeful, so it's hard to gauge just how good Croatia is, since they looked pretty lackluster against Nigeria. They also committed more fouls than the Argentinians. I thought Rebic would get a red but he got subbed before that could happen. Dunno, they might make it to the qf, but I don't see them going further. Getting out of the group is nice, though.

oh man I'll never forget the France-Croatia game from 98.... so close. This time it looks like we should avoid them in the next rounds so it's a good thing! and France looked so much better with Giroud on the pitch yesterday.
I'm lowkey starting to get my hopes up.....

This WC really looks wide open at this point, with so many favourites struggling and not much separating all the teams. Anyone could take it I feel.......

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »
Yeh good thing for France is they played bad but got the full prey. Now if they start to get better and better I dont know who can stop them. Spain maybe.
I dont know is it me dont liking the guy but how bad is Pogba? I feel like he needs to play and there is some good names on the bench.

Hope Croatia avoids France

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2018, 05:54:32 AM »
Lovren is a destroyer. He used frustrate me last season with Liverpool, but he has found another gear.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2018, 07:57:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well besides Suker this group is probably better, at least on paper. In practice they have yet to prove it of course.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 08:16:33 AM »
Suker, Prosinecki, and Boban were all world class players. In this team only Modric is better than those three. But we digress. It will be interesting to see if they bottle it like they often do...

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2018, 04:22:14 AM »
Brasil is very very poor , but individual quality is what gives them advantage against the teams that are not elite. I think they will leave this wc disapointed but honestly they have unrealistic expectations.
Belgium,France,Spain and even England are good in every position, just beneath them are teams like Croatia, Swiss because of organization and good performance. maybe Portugal pulls through to last 8 but I dont like the way they are playing.

anyway I am into sports betting and could not believe my luck when they gave such great odds on penalty given in the game. When they introduced VAR my first thought was there is going to be penalty on almost every game and there was A LOT. now the odds dropped a bit but still worth a shot.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2018, 08:34:44 AM »
Swiss delivered, croatia as well. Our team just kicked ass as well (Belgium btw).

Brazil, man man man... what is happening there. And I must say I'm not the biggest Neymar fan anymore, not the 'coolest' and 'friendliest' player of the World Cup. I thought he would be more 'likeable' :/

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2018, 10:29:43 AM »
 I mean Neymar gets hit sometimes but what kind of message is he sending to young kids by faking and trying to win like that? Hope this trend will go away with technology punishing players even after the game.

He is amazing player but something is wrong about that guy. I feel like Belgium ,Croatia, Swiss and Spain are playing without pressure to deliver because they are confident , while Argentina ,Brazil and France are under a lot of pressure and that is why they play terrible for now.

And what about Germany?? they leave Sane at home, so stupid. But I feel like they will come around even though Ozil and Kross are too slow to play together in my opinion.

edit-I see Ozil is out of the first eleven .good sign for them

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:32:00 AM by Alois Hitler Jr. »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »
Allow me to throw up, again. The fuck is going on?