Author Topic: World Cup 2018  (Read 21363 times)

sododgy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: World Cup 2018
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »
Damn, not even Kane and crew can stop England from being England.

Viva la France!

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2018, 07:46:42 AM »
England scored 9 out of 12 goals from set pieces. thats all..hahaahha ....clowns
9/11 was a national tragedy

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2018, 08:51:00 AM »
OK I'm on holidays and I don't slap much so I'll keep it short.....fuck yes I'm hyped!
But also wary. We lost the Euro final 2 years ago when everybody thought it would be easy defeating Portugal...
and the 2006 final still stings.
That being said, I don't see how Belgium could be considered unlucky or better: France had 10 shots on target, they had 4. And they had 3 times as many fouls as France.

so I'm amazed Courtois accuses France of anti-football ?? Belgium attacked way less when they were protecting their own lead vs Brazil!! It's a fuckin world cup semi-final....There's no fair play in these situations, no it's not pretty but that's how it is. Again, my first memory of football is France-Germany in 82 so fuck your notions of beautiful play and fair-play.
yes the ref had it wrong for Giroud and Hazard but that's it, it doesn't define the whole game. Both keepers were amazing. But IMO France plays more collectively. Hazard is incredible but tries too much by himself.
I'm just amazed at this French squad honestly. They are incredibly mature for their age (24 is the medium) so they could go on to do damage for 10 years.
Damn. I tried to keep it short....I'm too excited I guess!!

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »
As much as I would have loved to watch France beat Englund in the final the Croatian's will give a much better game.
It's also on early enough that I won't need to get the kids drunk and off to bed so I can watch in peace.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Not very lowkey though. Croatia is always good and they arguably have the best generation ever now. Pretty 50-50 game I would say. Argentina has a very mediocre team and it was surprising they made it to the finals four years ago, when some of them were still at peak fitness. Barely qualified for this and they have one of the worst goal keepers in the world. Not much Sampaoli could do (though I think he should have brought Icardi along). They resorted to the Argentine butcher game they are hated for and Messi looked embarrassed to be a part of it.

[close]

The best Croatian generation was 96-98, but this one is a close second. But yeah, Argentina were woeful, so it's hard to gauge just how good Croatia is, since they looked pretty lackluster against Nigeria. They also committed more fouls than the Argentinians. I thought Rebic would get a red but he got subbed before that could happen. Dunno, they might make it to the qf, but I don't see them going further. Getting out of the group is nice, though.

Not say I called it, but 😏

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2018, 09:17:34 AM »
this is for those who don't know what I am talking about.
Believe me when you see that as an 8 year old, you forget very quickly about "fair play". Platini was such a hero in France back then, that game was a national trauma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R2flrDsQUk

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
Hahaah the Dead Can Dance soundtrack sealed the deal...

Excitable boy, I am more than happy to have been proven wrong!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
If someone does you wrong and you forget fair play due to that, you're a fucking bitch and no better than the one who did you wrong and deserve to lose. That "fuck fair play" attitude is so fucking lame, the worst! Playing fair is the only way. Otherwise the victory is not pure, but is soured by your bitch moves. Sure you can try to forget them and play them down but people know and remember. He he plays fair and wins will be remembered as one of the all time greatest. The others, just a bunch of whatevers.

I didn't like how France played against Belgium. Mbappe playing time like a bitch. Deservedly got a card for that. It wasn't super bad thankfully but they did show their ugly side and I can't respect playing like that. I was rooting for Belgium but didn't really have anything against France. My fav team in all of this has been Croatia though and I hope they beat France in the final and that Belgium beats England yet again. Sadly I will miss the Belgium - England game.  :-\

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:22 PM »
people have been joking about brexit part two or the english team going home but england is still in russia for the third place game.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2018, 12:44:26 AM »
If someone does you wrong and you forget fair play due to that, you're a fucking bitch and no better than the one who did you wrong and deserve to lose. That "fuck fair play" attitude is so fucking lame, the worst! Playing fair is the only way. Otherwise the victory is not pure, but is soured by your bitch moves. Sure you can try to forget them and play them down but people know and remember. He he plays fair and wins will be remembered as one of the all time greatest. The others, just a bunch of whatevers.

I didn't like how France played against Belgium. Mbappe playing time like a bitch. Deservedly got a card for that. It wasn't super bad thankfully but they did show their ugly side and I can't respect playing like that. I was rooting for Belgium but didn't really have anything against France. My fav team in all of this has been Croatia though and I hope they beat France in the final and that Belgium beats England yet again. Sadly I will miss the Belgium - England game.  :-\

oh a "pure" victory? Like when Materrazzi called Zidane's sister a whore? I see.
Get real, games are ruthless at this level and if the worse thing Mbappe did is playing for time, then cry me a river I dont give a fuck.
The reason I mention this incident from 82 is because it shaped modern French football and the attitude of guys like Deschamps. No more beautiful losers, we've been there, done that.
And the result is: 3 WC finals and 2 Euro finals in the last 20 years. Now that deserves respect so who's the bitch now?  8)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2018, 01:05:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh a "pure" victory? Like when Materrazzi called Zidane's sister a whore? I see.
Get real, games are ruthless at this level and if the worse thing Mbappe did is playing for time, then cry me a river I dont give a fuck.
The reason I mention this incident from 82 is because it shaped modern French football and the attitude of guys like Deschamps. No more beautiful losers, we've been there, done that.
And the result is: 3 WC finals and 2 Euro finals in the last 20 years. Now that deserves respect so who's the bitch now?  8)

No, that was a bitch move, just what I'm talking about. Zidane lost his cool which wasn't cool either.

I know many people value winning more than playing fair. Outside of football too. I think that's what's wrong with the world today and I don't want to encourage such behaviour anywhere. Lying, cheating, getting ahead with dishonest means. Just not cool.

I can't remember France every being a "bitch moves team". Never disliked them but I've never really supported them either for some reason. But your attitude towards fair play is sickening. I hope it is tainted by your love for your country's team and not how you generally live your life.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »
I'm just excited cause les Bleus are in the final dude....I don't live like that but then I'm not a pro footballer either...

as for Zidane people forget he had a temper and could be dirty! 12 red cards in his career, including one in the 98 WC when he was suspended 1 or 2 games I can't remember.
Anyways....bring on the final!

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »
i like both teams and hoping for an exciting game
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:02 AM »
Its amazing how Croatia-France clashes are slowly becoming football classics. I see manny more in the future.
France is full of respect for Croatia, england could learn something even though england is not top flight in modern football ,they have their overpriced league where foreigners are best players and thats it.

sododgy

« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
I'm just excited cause les Bleus are in the final dude....I don't live like that but then I'm not a pro footballer either...

as for Zidane people forget he had a temper and could be dirty! 12 red cards in his career, including one in the 98 WC when he was suspended 1 or 2 games I can't remember.
Anyways....bring on the final!

14 actually, 12 in club and 2 national. I can't stomach Materazzi, but I can't fault him. Saying anything you can to Zidane (if you can handle the consequences) is just smart in a situation like that given his history of anger issues, and especially with that much tension and pressure. Fuck that whole squad, but it was smart.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »
hope france wins. can't stand those ustaša facist
nationalist eternally-yesterdays-minded assholes.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »

why are you saying something like this?? Croatia had some crimes in the past, but how many lives and languages are erased by colonial powers? cant compare that..do you call everyone in Germany nazis? I feel sorry for you man...
I have good friends in croatia, visited many times and I am sick from this talk
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:29:52 PM by Alois Hitler Jr. »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2018, 07:24:50 PM »

That's so weird coming from a German...

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

wow you are close minded

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
actually just dumb

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2018, 03:06:16 AM »
Oh he is a german..cool. I like how he commented about Jason Jessee , and he is completely the same if not worse than him.
Going to report him, and it is going to be easy to find who he is being german myself.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
haha, yeah, no i am not german. and i just said that
to justify my rooting for france. i was rooting for the
croats in all their matches in the tournament earlier,
but some "celebrations" i have seen rubbed me the
wrong way. so i am going to side with france in the
finals tomorrow. i don't really see how that is some
how close minded or even dumb. as i have been a
france supporter since '98 but rooted for croatia in
this year's world cup i have to take a side right now
since these are the only 2 teams left. but whatevs.

oh and edit: i re-read my earlier comment, and it could be interpreted that way that i called all the
croatians ustasa facists thats clearly not the case and that was also not what i was intending to say.
i am well aware that that's a dumb minority as comes with every football team and whatnot. peace
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:56:27 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2018, 10:04:20 AM »
haha, yeah, no i am not german. and i just said that
to justify my rooting for france. i was rooting for the
croats in all their matches in the tournament earlier,
but some "celebrations" i have seen rubbed me the
wrong way. so i am going to side with france in the
finals tomorrow. i don't really see how that is some
how close minded or even dumb. as i have been a
france supporter since '98 but rooted for croatia in
this year's world cup i have to take a side right now
since these are the only 2 teams left. but whatevs.

You are from switzerland and this is not good enough. You just cant act this way. Just a few DMs and I found out who you are. there is no place for ignorant idiots like you in skateboarding. Police is going to be noted but watevs. scum

-and how do you think SKATEBOARDERS from croatia who read this feel?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:13:25 AM by Alois Hitler Jr. »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »
something apologized . hitler, you’re annoying as fuck

sododgy

« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
something apologized . hitler, you’re annoying as fuck

Dude makes zero sense trying to analyze play and is notifying police because someone made a bad joke on the internet.

Whats not to like?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »
you dont have to read,and I think this kind of hate is a big problem in the world today and just trying to fight it whenever I can.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
I couldn't care less about the finals tomorrow, but I'm still going to watch them, as it's everyone's duty to do so. But what really fucks me up is to see the ads for the return of the domestic season. To see the media hyping up the club matches with the same explosive superlatives as they were hyping up playoff games between the best national teams just a moment ago... damn, life goes on fast.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:39 PM »
Croatia going to take down France tomorrow and it will be amazing. I’m sorry but I can’t support the French and this is no exception lol but the best was having England lose this arrogant wankers

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2018, 05:50:16 AM »
Going back to club football after an international tournament is definitely one of the least satisfying things as a football fan.