Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54138 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck anyone who eats those overly ripe bananas where the skin is all spotty brown already. Too fucking soft and overly sweet and terrible. Had a chat about this with my work mates and it was just confirmed more that they fucking suck. Fuck unripe bananas too except maybe for cooking.
[close]
The bananas with brown spots have a lot of anti cancerous properties, jus sayin.
[close]

I'll rather eat turmeric powder straight from the jar than those bananas for my anti cancer fix.
[close]
  Yah forget the powder and buy raw tumeric and peel it.  Tastes pretty good -why fuck with the powder, -nobody eats carrot powder, do they?

Never tried raw turmeric myself. Some places here have it at least occasionally but all recipes i've come across just call for turmeric powder. Never come across food that uses raw turmeric, even in India. 🤔 Gotta look into it more though as I've been sorta fascinated by it before, but not enough I guess. :)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2018, 12:50:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck anyone who eats those overly ripe bananas where the skin is all spotty brown already. Too fucking soft and overly sweet and terrible. Had a chat about this with my work mates and it was just confirmed more that they fucking suck. Fuck unripe bananas too except maybe for cooking.
[close]
The bananas with brown spots have a lot of anti cancerous properties, jus sayin.
[close]

I'll rather eat turmeric powder straight from the jar than those bananas for my anti cancer fix.
[close]
  Yah forget the powder and buy raw tumeric and peel it.  Tastes pretty good -why fuck with the powder, -nobody eats carrot powder, do they?
[close]

Never tried raw turmeric myself. Some places here have it at least occasionally but all recipes i've come across just call for turmeric powder. Never come across food that uses raw turmeric, even in India. 🤔 Gotta look into it more though as I've been sorta fascinated by it before, but not enough I guess. :)
Ha I didn't look into it either. Just been buying it and eating it unprepared.  Hopefully it's healthy.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »
In the morning, no matter how cold it is outside, women flock for this:

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2018, 06:49:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Ha I didn't look into it either. Just been buying it and eating it unprepared.  Hopefully it's healthy.

Yo fuck raw turmeric for staining my whole kitchen yellow........

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2018, 09:16:00 PM »
Thats when they're ready to be banana bread

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats when they're ready to be banana bread

idk man.. id rather eat a mushy, sugary banana than one of those not quite ripe, rock hard boner bananas
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »
nice cream though!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2018, 05:21:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yo fuck raw turmeric for staining my whole kitchen yellow........

Ha!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »
A pharmacist once told me that you should mix black pepper with tumeric to help with absorption.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »
The term dead ass.

Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2018, 03:13:50 PM »

all conservative people, unless they’re living the mennonite lifestyle, are late adapters. they’ll gladly reap the benefits of scientific, technological and cultural change but only after it’s become mainstream and socially acceptable. maybe they serve some purpose to humanity though by slowing the pace of change? can’t say for sure. but in the end they change too.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
the show girls on hbo. is it supposed to be real life and people actually sympathize and relate to the characters or are you supposed to hate everyone?

why roller skaters are accepted but bladers arent. get out of here with that shit.

making excuses for long boarding

liking the taste of alcohol. i get that most people just want to get fucked up and will drink cheap beer or mixed drinks but i dont understand how people like the taste of hard alcohol by itself or stuff like IPAs.
[close]
A customer of the shop I work in recommended I try some Blueberry and Grapefruit IPA, then stated IPAs are his shit. I stick to caguamas of Pacifico mostly.

When I drank liquor I did like the taste of Wild Turkey,but now it's a no go. I don't get vodka and all it's love.
tecate caguamon is where its at
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: September 23, 2018, 06:06:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the show girls on hbo. is it supposed to be real life and people actually sympathize and relate to the characters or are you supposed to hate everyone?

why roller skaters are accepted but bladers arent. get out of here with that shit.

making excuses for long boarding

liking the taste of alcohol. i get that most people just want to get fucked up and will drink cheap beer or mixed drinks but i dont understand how people like the taste of hard alcohol by itself or stuff like IPAs.
[close]
A customer of the shop I work in recommended I try some Blueberry and Grapefruit IPA, then stated IPAs are his shit. I stick to caguamas of Pacifico mostly.

When I drank liquor I did like the taste of Wild Turkey,but now it's a no go. I don't get vodka and all it's love.
[close]
tecate caguamon is where its at
In puerto nuevo right now and have been mixing it up. I gotta chill with the micheladas though haha

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #404 on: September 23, 2018, 09:51:54 PM »
A pharmacist once told me that you should mix black pepper with tumeric to help with absorption.

Black pepper or black pepper extract contains myrcene and other compounds that increase absorption and inhibit cyp450 liver enzymes which makes compounds metabolized by cyp450 more effective
Gentleman ninja warlock

hangontoyourego

« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2018, 07:49:39 PM »
so i briefly spoke about this in another thread . why on ig , youtube etc,.  do humans feel as though you need to comment your negative opinion . I was looking up this fan page for trader joes and some fuck face just felt they had to get all high & mighty . I'm so sick of it peoples useless comments it makes me want to smash my phone . I focused my ig last year but just wanted to check this one page and its like fuckn hell. Also the comment some one left me "welcome to the internet" yeah bro i get it lame humans just sit here and talk shit with no ramifications in life . its pathetic & disgusting .

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
so i briefly spoke about this in another thread . why on ig , youtube etc,.  do humans feel as though you need to comment your negative opinion . I was looking up this fan page for trader joes and some fuck face just felt they had to get all high & mighty . I'm so sick of it peoples useless comments it makes me want to smash my phone . I focused my ig last year but just wanted to check this one page and its like fuckn hell. Also the comment some one left me "welcome to the internet" yeah bro i get it lame humans just sit here and talk shit with no ramifications in life . its pathetic & disgusting .
Its like any popular page,all the miserable people of the world use them as a shit talking outlet.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
Hey....the entire internet can't be like slap....where you have to craft and fine tune your negativity....

misery loves company...and the Internet brings em all together. 

hangontoyourego

« Reply #408 on: September 29, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
Hey....the entire internet can't be like slap....where you have to craft and fine tune your negativity....

misery loves company...and the Internet brings em all together.
TRUTH .

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: September 29, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »
Are you guys all familiar with that DaddyOfFive/FamilyOfFive youtube series thing? It's fucking disgusting, I don't even want to link to any of the videos.

I only found out about it like a week ago, it's genuinely disillusioning as fuck that it had so many subscribers.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
Are you guys all familiar with that DaddyOfFive/FamilyOfFive youtube series thing? It's fucking disgusting, I don't even want to link to any of the videos.

I only found out about it like a week ago, it's genuinely disillusioning as fuck that it had so many subscribers.

I had never heard of that but I just looked into it, fucking horrible. those fuckers need to be completely removed from any contact with children

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
that new age hippy couple that practices their flying yoga routine in the middle of a shopping mall just so people stare at them .. i hate you
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

hangontoyourego

« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2018, 06:02:59 PM »
I hate the people in front of me at Safeway fully fit and in running gear that could even put their one bag of grocery’s in the shopping cart cause youz were to busy eating jicama .

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1574
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2018, 04:55:29 PM »
I hate the people in front of me at Safeway fully fit and in running gear that could even put their one bag of grocery’s in the shopping cart cause youz were to busy eating jicama .

I almost understand this sentence.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

hangontoyourego

« Reply #414 on: October 01, 2018, 06:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I hate the people in front of me online at Safeway. fully Physically fit and in running gear that could couldn’t even put their one bag of grocery’s in the shopping cart cause youz she was to busy eating jicama .
[close]

I almost understand this sentence.

All my friends have learned to dicipher my texting . It’s atrocious. I know I have to proof read and yet instill don’t .

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #415 on: October 01, 2018, 06:52:30 PM »
back to my replies from the other week. (sorry guys)

Some range there.... I think people love JD's unknown pleasures cover art more than the music.
yeah, defs a t-shirt band

So your not impressed by ANY of joy division s songs? Really really?  There's a bit on YT with George Michael calling them out slightly for their ss shtick.  But he said he was a fan.
Love will tear us apart and Disorder but that's really about it :(

Death Grips is pretty polarizing, so I wouldn't worry about missing anything if you don't "get it". I think Money Store is alright. It's got some good jams, but some of their other albums are just a little too out there for me.
What don't you like about Motorhead, Gay Imp?
I have a similar thing with Black Flag. Pretty much all of my favorite bands name Black Flag as a major influence, and there is no denying their contribution to punk and hardcore, but I've just never cared for their music.
k, people circle jerk death grips so hard so I was wondering what I was missing.
Motorhead - um it just doesn't do it for me, like not at all.
BUT you do raise a good point with black flag here because I'm in the same boat and never got the hype despite loving punk/ HC?

I think august has summed it up for me:
i like bands that were influenced by Joy Division, much better than Joy Division.
THIS! it's the same with black flag and Motorhead for me; I love bands that are influenced by them but don't really rate either of them on their merits alone. Funny because with a band like CRASS I really like them, but any try hard crass band bores the shit out of me.

But Motorhead! Fuckn Love motorhead! get anything off the first four albums on your headphones and go bomb some streets.
I'll try :-\

This is more of a confession: I'm really into thrash metal too at the moment BUT

I don' t think slayer are that great
*ducks for cover*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

bawtawdwon

• Rep: -68
  • cant ban the snowman
« Reply #416 on: October 01, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »
Oh no the old folks are arguing about punk music again.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #417 on: October 01, 2018, 07:05:00 PM »
Its alright GISM, I think that pretty much every Metallica album after Cliff Burton died is awful. I used to like Slayer a lot. I’ve seen them twice live (post Hanneman though) but honestly I think hardcore Slayer fans ruined Slayer for me. The only other concert i’ve been to with more White Power fans was Amon Amarth.

Pigeon

« Reply #418 on: October 01, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
LaCroix

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had never heard of that but I just looked into it, fucking horrible. those fuckers need to be completely removed from any contact with children

I literally don't even have words for how much it disgusts me. A couple of the kids got taken from them, and their youtube channels got canceled, but they apparently continue to film and sell videos with their remaining kids on their website. It's insane and awful.

On a lighter note, I also find La Croix to be pretty boring, but the grapefruit flavor is good.