Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54060 times)

SOTY

Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2018, 01:37:53 PM »
I personally have very limited interest in what my friends are 'up to' if we're having conversation.  Talking about random shit, laughing and philosopy  is organic/fruitful and better than a report. .  Its about living in the present for me.
one hunned emoji

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
I personally have very limited interest in what my friends are 'up to' if we're having conversation.  Talking about random shit, laughing and philosopy  is organic/fruitful and better than a report. .  Its about living in the present for me.
[close]
one hunned emoji
  WHat does this mean?  You've got me goggleing emojis.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shark tits

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
one hunned emoji
[close]
blind fisherman

jomeara1

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »
Johnny, tell the cunts they have 50% of staying married.

Great idea to blow tons of cash, any way.

I never thought they were right for each other. Their relationship always seemed very forced.  It seems like the only thing they have in common is partying together. Once they have kids I feel like their relationship is going to change dramatically and not in a pleasant way.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm 30 years old and there is a ton of shit I don't get.

Social media is not a real place, dipshits. I don't care how many other idiots are "following" you, they all blow dick and are useless anyway. You are one server chrash/bug away from losing that shit.

Phone addiction. Oh, you could survive without the fucking thing 10 years ago but it is different now? I fucking hate people that think that the "iPhone changed everything". Wrong, you lack of personality in combination with the fucking thing "changed everything".

Oh, yeah. Most people these days have those fucking phone cases with their credit card, ID, public transport pass and phone in it. Great idea, dipshit! Get that shit stolen/lost and you are fucked beyond fucked.

The fuck happened with " don't put all eggs in the same basket"?
[close]

I wish Facebook/instagram/Twitter never existed. It turned our culture into this “look at me and how great my life is” society.”  Everything seems so superficial now especially when it comes to relationships.  I get that it’s good for certain things like keeping in touch with old friends but ppl seem a little too connected now to the point where there is no privacy. I kinda miss the days actually when you would just call someone to see how they are doing after a little stretch of time instead of following what they are doing all the time on the internet.  I also don’t understand how ppl are ok with posting tons of photos of their lives on the internet. Not a good idea IMO....just don’t get it.

Now for my second rant....weddings. I had a friend who recently had a wedding out of the country and I couldn’t make it because..well.. not everyone can just drop everything, hop on a plane, and spend a ridiculous amount of money just for a couple days to see someone put a fucking ring on someone’s finger. That person got mad at me and said “if you were truly my friend, you would have did everything you could to make it there.”  Fuck you..you selfish entitled piece of shit.  Sorry, but you and your wife ARE NOT THAT SPECIAL!

I just don’t get it ppl anymore...
[close]

I like this post.

The social media thing, there is no reason to call people anymore because you already know what the fuck they've been up to and you'll have nothing to talk about.

The wedding comments are spot on. My best friend just asked me to be the best man at his wedding, 3 weeks away from the wedding, in South fuckin Korea. Yeah sure, let me get right on that.

I just can’t get my head wrapped around how self centered some ppl are.  It’s one thing if a couple sets a destination wedding and is completely understanding of those who can’t make it, but when someone tries to “test” your friendship by making you feel obligated to do that is just fucked up.  I forgot to mention before that his bachelor party was in Vegas, which is all the way across the country from me (I at least went to that) and now he wants everyone to fly to Europe to see him get married? Plus a wedding gift?! Jesus fucking Christ. 

And damn I feel for you man.  It’s one thing being invited to a destination wedding that you can’t make it to, but being asked to be IN the wedding as best man is a different story and a lot more stressful/expensive. Whatever happened to ppl just getting married in a fucking church or something? Save the destination shit for the god damn honeymoon for Christ sakes. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
one hunned emoji
[close]
[close]
blind fisherman
   Thanks guys, I tried goggling blind fisherman and got a poem that is pretty good.  This thread is perfect for me.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Johnny, tell the cunts they have 50% of staying married.

Great idea to blow tons of cash, any way.
[close]

I never thought they were right for each other. Their relationship always seemed very forced.  It seems like the only thing they have in common is partying together. Once they have kids I feel like their relationship is going to change dramatically and not in a pleasant way.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm 30 years old and there is a ton of shit I don't get.

Social media is not a real place, dipshits. I don't care how many other idiots are "following" you, they all blow dick and are useless anyway. You are one server chrash/bug away from losing that shit.

Phone addiction. Oh, you could survive without the fucking thing 10 years ago but it is different now? I fucking hate people that think that the "iPhone changed everything". Wrong, you lack of personality in combination with the fucking thing "changed everything".

Oh, yeah. Most people these days have those fucking phone cases with their credit card, ID, public transport pass and phone in it. Great idea, dipshit! Get that shit stolen/lost and you are fucked beyond fucked.

The fuck happened with " don't put all eggs in the same basket"?
[close]

I wish Facebook/instagram/Twitter never existed. It turned our culture into this “look at me and how great my life is” society.”  Everything seems so superficial now especially when it comes to relationships.  I get that it’s good for certain things like keeping in touch with old friends but ppl seem a little too connected now to the point where there is no privacy. I kinda miss the days actually when you would just call someone to see how they are doing after a little stretch of time instead of following what they are doing all the time on the internet.  I also don’t understand how ppl are ok with posting tons of photos of their lives on the internet. Not a good idea IMO....just don’t get it.

Now for my second rant....weddings. I had a friend who recently had a wedding out of the country and I couldn’t make it because..well.. not everyone can just drop everything, hop on a plane, and spend a ridiculous amount of money just for a couple days to see someone put a fucking ring on someone’s finger. That person got mad at me and said “if you were truly my friend, you would have did everything you could to make it there.”  Fuck you..you selfish entitled piece of shit.  Sorry, but you and your wife ARE NOT THAT SPECIAL!

I just don’t get it ppl anymore...
[close]

I like this post.

The social media thing, there is no reason to call people anymore because you already know what the fuck they've been up to and you'll have nothing to talk about.

The wedding comments are spot on. My best friend just asked me to be the best man at his wedding, 3 weeks away from the wedding, in South fuckin Korea. Yeah sure, let me get right on that.

[close]

I just can’t get my head wrapped around how self centered some ppl are.  It’s one thing if a couple sets a destination wedding and is completely understanding of those who can’t make it, but when someone tries to “test” your friendship by making you feel obligated to do that is just fucked up.  I forgot to mention before that his bachelor party was in Vegas, which is all the way across the country from me (I at least went to that) and now he wants everyone to fly to Europe to see him get married? Plus a wedding gift?! Jesus fucking Christ. 

And damn I feel for you man.  It’s one thing being invited to a destination wedding that you can’t make it to, but being asked to be IN the wedding as best man is a different story and a lot more stressful/expensive. Whatever happened to ppl just getting married in a fucking church or something? Save the destination shit for the god damn honeymoon for Christ sakes.

It's fucked. Nobody he knows is going, not even his parents. Maybe, just maybe if I knew about a year in advance, I'd go.

Speaking of weddings, your right about the honeymoon shit.

Fuck, my better half and I didn't even get "legally married". What's the fuckin point? We've been together forever, the fuck is a ring and shit gonna do? If I want a party I'll just throw a party. Government considers us married anyhow, so stupid.

Gentleman ninja warlock

7 year old

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2018, 03:49:38 PM »
hot chicks
pizza
smiling
sex
dogs
enjoying life
hot dogs
pizza sex
sex dogs

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2018, 04:15:10 PM »
why skateboarders these days are cucks.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »

Dude there's no such thing as 'cucks' in the context you're trying to use the word.  Your just spewing a brand of  idiot-speak  that's on it's tired last legs, (I'm hoping anyway).

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2018, 09:38:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude there's no such thing as 'cucks' in the context you're trying to use the word.  Your just spewing a brand of  idiot-speak  that's on it's tired last legs, (I'm hoping anyway).

they love it when they get cucked by their wife - skateboarding - as she takes it in every hole from strange men.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

they love it when they get cucked by their wife - skateboarding - as she takes it in every hole from strange men.

hmmmph.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »
i pretty much don't get anything about the current culture other than it being all for approval and popularity. i'm fine with it, however, because i desire neither.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »

A neighbor invited my wife and I to his wedding. His fiancee is Brazilian so of course they're having a destination wedding in Sao Paulo or some shit. They made a Facebook group for it. Apparently they want people to take a week off to come because they'll all be traveling to multiple locations within the country. Tickets are insane -- to the point they're actually recommending people take out a fucking Delta Skymiles credit card because it comes with a 60,000-point sign-up bonus (If you spend $3K in the first three months. I already would've had to go into debt to go to this thing (which I'm sure will be a blasty blast), but come on, dude. Don't be blatantly recommending people put their credit score on the line to watch you get married on a beach in South America.

Mazel tov. Send me a postcard.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »
What? That's fucking obscene. People are so selfish to think that they matter. So fucking selfish.

jomeara1

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2018, 11:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A neighbor invited my wife and I to his wedding. His fiancee is Brazilian so of course they're having a destination wedding in Sao Paulo or some shit. They made a Facebook group for it. Apparently they want people to take a week off to come because they'll all be traveling to multiple locations within the country. Tickets are insane -- to the point they're actually recommending people take out a fucking Delta Skymiles credit card because it comes with a 60,000-point sign-up bonus (If you spend $3K in the first three months. I already would've had to go into debt to go to this thing (which I'm sure will be a blasty blast), but come on, dude. Don't be blatantly recommending people put their credit score on the line to watch you get married on a beach in South America.

What? That's fucking obscene. People are so selfish to think that they matter. So fucking selfish.

The worst is when people say things like “ oh you have time off and make good money, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to go.” So then you have to explain to them like they are 10 years old why that’s a rude thing to say to people.

I think it’s our generation or something. I have a hard time putting my thoughts on paper sometimes, but I’ve noticed a lot of ppl in my generation (I’m 28 btw) don’t seem to have values or moral standards like people from older generations. This kind of links to what I said about social media and the “look at me and how great my life is” society.

Which leads to my new rant- Hollywood and the media.  We live in a very hollow, superficial and insecure world these days that is being controlled and manipulated by Hollywood tv and the media. It’s giving us this false perception and unrealistic goal that we need to be this perfect person when in reality there is no such thing as perfect and everyone is chasing after something that’s not real.  People have become so distracted by this that they are completely missing the point on what makes a good fulfilling life. 
I’m only 28 but I feel like an old man that has given up and ran out of gas.  I can’t keep up with this fast paced world that seems to completely revolve around trends and “looks”.  Kind of explains why I can’t relate to anyone anymore, not even my own friends.  Maybe I need to just shut up and relax ...idk, I think about things a lot.

shark tits

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
ya'll got terrible friends!
wedding seems like the perfect moment to get rid of those self absorbed yuppies.
happy 5 yrs sober, kobra kai! there is no mercy and no heroin in this dojo!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2018, 12:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

The worst is when people say things like “ oh you have time off and make good money, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to go.” So then you have to explain to them like they are 10 years old why that’s a rude thing to say to people.

I think it’s our generation or something. I have a hard time putting my thoughts on paper sometimes, but I’ve noticed a lot of ppl in my generation (I’m 28 btw) don’t seem to have values or moral standards like people from older generations. This kind of links to what I said about social media and the “look at me and how great my life is” society.

Which leads to my new rant- Hollywood and the media.  We live in a very hollow, superficial and insecure world these days that is being controlled and manipulated by Hollywood tv and the media. It’s giving us this false perception and unrealistic goal that we need to be this perfect person when in reality there is no such thing as perfect and everyone is chasing after something that’s not real.  People have become so distracted by this that they are completely missing the point on what makes a good fulfilling life. 
I’m only 28 but I feel like an old man that has given up and ran out of gas.  I can’t keep up with this fast paced world that seems to completely revolve around trends and “looks”.  Kind of explains why I can’t relate to anyone anymore, not even my own friends.  Maybe I need to just shut up and relax ...idk, I think about things a lot.

Haha! If people are busy chasing after something that isn't real then you my friend have it made in the sun.  This situation simply creates opportunity EVERYWHERE.  People being distracted sheeple means you rake in the goods.  'Running out of gas'  between the ages of 18 - 30 is gonna happen momentarily but that too is artifice stemming from culture imo (although it feels real)

ciaran

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2018, 04:10:15 PM »

Expand Quote
Mac fanbois who lose their shit when somebody at work asks them to use Windows and decide they can't because Microsoft.
[close]

you know why right? pc suck. i've got a contract right now that i'm running window on my mac in parallels and it's so annoying. i used to be a huge microsoft guy, to the point that i got awarded this MVP award they do a few years and used to use a windows phone and the whole nine but after mac started using linux as a kernel it was kind of all over. macs are just way, way better in just about every way except for the key boards. you ever notice that mac people don't use external mice but that's super common with the PC crowd? it's because not a single hardware manufacturer in the pc world can make a good mouse pad, i'm assuming because windows just sucks for this. that said i try really, really hard not to complain about using windows but man it is fucking hard.

I use a PC at work and OSX at home, to the same level of ability - I like using, fixing and building computers in general.  I’m self employed working in 3D animation, motion graphics and VR, so I need something high-end.  The latest range of Mac Pros (from 2013 onwards) run AMD Fire graphics cards, which in themselves, are fine, but given that the vast majority of 3rd party render engines for 3D need Nvidia cards, effectively useless for anything other than Apple’s own production software.  If I want to use a Titan or 1080Ti graphics card, I need to use an external case for it, so fuck that.  I use OSX all the time at home, or when I need to be portable and do some lighter work - for power and bang for the buck, Windows wins. A similar spec Mac tower would’ve cost me easily 2-3 times more.

Like I said, it’s the fanbois that fuck me off - the wailing and gnashing of teeth because they’ve refused to learn how to copy and paste in Windows or save a document, instead smugly proclaiming how creative people like them shouldn’t need to use something as prehistoric as Windows.  Wilful helplessness is pathetic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2018, 06:36:17 PM »
triple camo pants
I think that goes without saying ;)

Whining old men
I think you're just mad that you didn't come up with this thread. It's cool though, you're welcome here too <3

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »
ya'll got terrible friends!
wedding seems like the perfect moment to get rid of those self absorbed yuppies.
happy 5 yrs sober, kobra kai! there is no mercy and no heroin in this dojo!

Thank you, kind sir. Wish you the best.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2018, 11:12:06 PM »
the kobra kai line made me crack up too!
Congrats on your edge mate XXX

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2018, 06:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

You're pretty much there dude. You see through the bullshit and know what matters and what doesn't, so just stop caring and worrying about all that shit and do what makes you happy. Don't worry about your friends social media pages, don't worry about TV and hollywood celebrities, don't worry about trends. Just worry about the shit you like. It's easy.

jomeara1

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »
^youre absolutely right JB.  Sorry for the bitchin and moanin but damn it feels good to vent sometimes.  I learned nollie backside lip slides today...so I am going be happy right now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »
I learned nollie backside lip slides today...
best trick!

jomeara1

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2018, 05:25:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
best trick!

It’s such a nice looking trick.  Darrell Stanton actually influenced me to learn them. The one he did down Hollywood 16 in Chichagof is beautiful.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2018, 05:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Mac fanbois who lose their shit when somebody at work asks them to use Windows and decide they can't because Microsoft.
[close]

you know why right? pc suck. i've got a contract right now that i'm running window on my mac in parallels and it's so annoying. i used to be a huge microsoft guy, to the point that i got awarded this MVP award they do a few years and used to use a windows phone and the whole nine but after mac started using linux as a kernel it was kind of all over. macs are just way, way better in just about every way except for the key boards. you ever notice that mac people don't use external mice but that's super common with the PC crowd? it's because not a single hardware manufacturer in the pc world can make a good mouse pad, i'm assuming because windows just sucks for this. that said i try really, really hard not to complain about using windows but man it is fucking hard.
[close]

I use a PC at work and OSX at home, to the same level of ability - I like using, fixing and building computers in general.  I’m self employed working in 3D animation, motion graphics and VR, so I need something high-end.  The latest range of Mac Pros (from 2013 onwards) run AMD Fire graphics cards, which in themselves, are fine, but given that the vast majority of 3rd party render engines for 3D need Nvidia cards, effectively useless for anything other than Apple’s own production software.  If I want to use a Titan or 1080Ti graphics card, I need to use an external case for it, so fuck that.  I use OSX all the time at home, or when I need to be portable and do some lighter work - for power and bang for the buck, Windows wins. A similar spec Mac tower would’ve cost me easily 2-3 times more.

Like I said, it’s the fanbois that fuck me off - the wailing and gnashing of teeth because they’ve refused to learn how to copy and paste in Windows or save a document, instead smugly proclaiming how creative people like them shouldn’t need to use something as prehistoric as Windows.  Wilful helplessness is pathetic.

not trying to be argumentative but i'm pretty sure no one, anywhere, ever would smugly make the argument that macs are better for gaming than PCs.

my world is modern web\mobile programming (aka javascript) and that world is aligned around mac in the same way that design world used to be. the JS world is constantly changing with new open source tooling coming out constantly. all that tooling assumes mac or linux, if you are on PC then you will spend hours and hours trying to follow the special instructions for how to make things work on a PC and after you get everything patched together it's just not going to run anywhere near as good or be anywhere near as stable and troubleshooting issues will be way harder because the PC community is just not there to support it as everyone is on mac. then let's assume you have a team of devs who's time you are paying for and then re-billing to clients. we can't charge our clients for all these delays, it's an unjustifiable expense on top of the image issues that go with using a PC in this world. it's basically the same as showing up at the skate park with a beard and scooter in full pads. instant kook vibe. the cost difference is inconsequential because developers are way, way more expensive than mac book pros and having a mac in this world is like wearing a suite in financial services.

and outside of that, the simple fact that mac's require way less maintenance and you don't have to constantly reboot them for no reason at all, they have way better mouse pads, in general have way better build quality and their opinionated approach and proprietary hardware means that for most common use cases they just work meaning you spend less time configuring and tinkering with stuff. i also find the destops based approach in mac to be way better for my flow than the windows based approach in windows.

without a doubt their are scenarios where PC is a better choice but to deny that there are also plenty where mac is better choice or to assume people don't have good reasons for having that preference isn't looking very closely.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
best trick!

[close]

It’s such a nice looking trick.  Darrell Stanton actually influenced me to learn them. The one he did down Hollywood 16 in Chichagof is beautiful.

thats a trick that every time ive tried to learn ill bail like 30 of them in a row and when i finally stop being a bitch ill land it first try and just about every try after that. not sure why it gives me such a hard time.

jomeara1

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 03:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
best trick!

[close]

[close]

thats a trick that every time ive tried to learn ill bail like 30 of them in a row and when i finally stop being a bitch ill land it first try and just about every try after that. not sure why it gives me such a hard time.

Backside grinds have always been awkward for me, with the exception of boardslides and noseslides.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
best trick!
nollie backlip.gif
[close]
[close]
[close]
Backside grinds have always been awkward for me, with the exception of boardslides and noseslides.
maybe they are exceptions because they're both shlydz rather than grynz?

jomeara1

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 05:03:13 AM »
^*backside rail/ledge tricks