Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54130 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
i dont understand why meme pages with hundreds of thousands of followers have private profiles on instagram. my friends send me stupid shit all the time from @lameassmemeslol or some other bullshit and it always comes up as private. i dont get the point of the private page if it's not even a personal page.

i also dont get why people like stupid instagram celebrities like fatjew or that slutwhisperer guy. im sure there are more, but those two come to my mind. ill get sent their pages once in a while too and im always shocked at how many of my friends who i thought i respected follow those losers.

those profiles are set to private just to make people crave the need to 'follow' so they can finally get to access the almighty content, and the profile owner can make more dough out of their desperation as they're all sponsored or monetized. i've seen some of those pages before because they were sent to me as well and some profiles seem to constantly be switched from private to public to back to private... just so non-followers can occasionally catch glimpses still (and hopefully 'follow'). it's all pathetic advertising-oriented mental pollution and yeah, you're better off not falling into that hole.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:59:55 PM by silhouette »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »
Instagram is just a shit hole outside of our wider community, even then there's some bullshit. Everytime i see one of those "@Skatelifeeverydayblessed" pages come up i wanna pull the plug. It's only worth keeping for 144p's stokage and to stalk tobey.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »
I don't get @girlswhocanskate reposting clips of a girl not landing a trick. why they are edited all the same too? Love that girls are skating, but I dont get those posts,most of them aren't dressed skimpy either so its not sex appeal...the lust for likes is pathetic.

I saw some kid at the skatepark drop in on the big bank, not roll in...and then powerslide to slow down once he hit flat. It's trending too, because theres a handful of em' trying to GX1000 it on every bank.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:03 PM »
Only thing worse than a young man who thinks he knows it all is an old man who thinks he knows it all. Ditto for women and trans. Pretty sure im old at this point, i told some bmxers to leave a ledge spot a couple days ago. I asked nicely though, and they complied.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »
Instagram is just a shit hole outside of our wider community, even then there's some bullshit. Everytime i see one of those "@Skatelifeeverydayblessed" pages come up i wanna pull the plug. It's only worth keeping for 144p's stokage and to stalk tobey.

I use Instagram a lot, but all the accounts I follow are basically just old skate shit, indie brands and mags, local skaters that I think rip and are genuine and then the rest is photographers and artists I think do cool, constructive shit. occasionally I'll stumble upon those fucking typical trap music edits with excessive slow-mo on stupid trendy 'tricks' and shit and it feels so different from the activity I love I feel like I'm watching rollerblading. not talking shit on anybody's style when they skate their own way, now that's sick... when they actually do skate their own way, something many would like to claim, but realistically can't.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »
Youtube comments that reference something from the video but spell it out with spaced out letters like this...

---->                E X A M P L E

and they always have a ton of likes as if it's some sort of inside joke.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2018, 12:35:05 PM »
Youtube comments that reference something from the video but spell it out with spaced out letters like this...

---->                E X A M P L E

and they always have a ton of likes as if it's some sort of inside joke.
S H A P E S

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
Alimony
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »
Dressing like a kook mismatched camo's
step off tricks are lame as shit
over-saturation of a brand
hugs and high fives at end of each trick
most hiphop
selfcentered bragging or me me me self entitled

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

shit_for_brains

« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »
i dont understand why meme pages with hundreds of thousands of followers have private profiles on instagram. my friends send me stupid shit all the time from @lameassmemeslol or some other bullshit and it always comes up as private. i dont get the point of the private page if it's not even a personal page.

i also dont get why people like stupid instagram celebrities like fatjew or that slutwhisperer guy. im sure there are more, but those two come to my mind. ill get sent their pages once in a while too and im always shocked at how many of my friends who i thought i respected follow those losers.

They go private because then it forces people to follow them and they can charge more for placements/ads and also sell more info to the secret chinese data farmers.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:04 PM »
kanye

Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2018, 07:25:17 PM »
kanye
never have/ never will
can I add Death Grips to the list too?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:51 AM »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2018, 06:29:23 PM »
This

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »
This

I only learned of this kid when I saw some article on snapchat pop up "Why Lil Xan doesn't take Xanax anymore" it just makes me laugh looking at him, or any kid with face,hand or neck tattoos that are only in those spots.  Not against having tattoos in those areas,but used to have an issue with shops or artists allowing it...then I realized you can get a shitty tattoo gun or poke kit online. The future has a lot of face tats

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
Yeah, if its a build up of tattoos that leads to something like hands, neck or parts of the face im fine with it, but when you've got a pasty skinned 20 something with Brophys favorite word tattooed on his cheek it just makes me really stop and wonder where the appeal is

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »
Its just trends. I bet theres at least one kid with face tats in every high school now, like how we used to have the kids with the script style on their neck. I really don't know what the next kids are gonna do, maybe eyeball colorings or something.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »
I dunno if this is an old man thing or I’m just becoming more and more anti-social. I don’t hang out with people much anymore ‘cause everything they wanna do seems like a pointless waste of time and money. eat out? nah. I’d rather eat at home. go to a bar? nah. I’d rather drink at home. go to a movie, concert, barbecue, sports game, cafe, etc.? nah. I’d rather skate or chill at home and read or play guitar. if any of my friends were serious about playing music and writing songs I’d do that but they just wanna half-ass it and use it as an excuse to hang out. fuck that. I’m sick of passive consumption and stupid fun at this point in my life. I wanna spend my time doing something. it’s hard to find people who wanna do something.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2018, 01:14:20 AM »
I dunno if this is an old man thing or I’m just becoming more and more anti-social. I don’t hang out with people much anymore ‘cause everything they wanna do seems like a pointless waste of time and money. eat out? nah. I’d rather eat at home. go to a bar? nah. I’d rather drink at home. go to a movie, concert, barbecue, sports game, cafe, etc.? nah. I’d rather skate or chill at home and read or play guitar. if any of my friends were serious about playing music and writing songs I’d do that but they just wanna half-ass it and use it as an excuse to hang out. fuck that. I’m sick of passive consumption and stupid fun at this point in my life. I wanna spend my time doing something. it’s hard to find people who wanna do something.

dude forget your friends and find musicians who are serious about playing/creating something via online ads. Sometimes you make new friends in the process too.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »

You just gave me a lot of ammo, my friend.

About mindless consumption.

I live in a brand new appartment building and work in an office. The amount of stupid bullshit people buy is beyond insane. Total typical middle class psychosis, it's all about the newest shit.

You can't just buy a phone, it has to be the latest iPhone, you have to have tons of shit on your balcony. As I said, the building is brand new and people still modify and buy stupid shit for the interior. When working out at the company's gym, nothing but brand shit.

About people not doing anything.

As many of people on here know, I'm an ex-addict, so going to after work is not in my interest at all. So when I say that I have to train/play a poker tournament/whatever, they always tell me how "boring" I am. I mean, I have tons of interests that involve actually doing something and grinding to become better at it. These cunts just sit around a table and get fat on all the shitty food and beer. When I ask if somebody wants to do something, that involves actually doing something, no interest.

Yeah, not doing very well here...

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote
not to get into a drawn-out argument....especially over a Rollins rant! You can take it or leave it.
[close]
yes, let's unite in our rants boys! I don't think Frenchie posted that to get into some huge discussion about origins of music either, he was just posting another old man ranting. Rants don't have to be logical or even justified, that's the beauty of them.

I fucking despise Jiggers (Japanese Wiggers) who think they look gangsta by skating around a semi enclosed skatepark while smoking cigarettes. Sure sit down and have a break/ smoke or whatever but I don't want/ need to inhale the pollution that comes out of your decomposing lungs every time I go to hit up the funbox. I guess the beauty/ irony (and darwinism?) in all of this is that they actually pay corporations to (slowly) kill themselves ... just wish it would work a bit quicker :-\ Dear Jiggers, I don't get you, can you just go and die somewhere else please?

are you talkin bout komazawa or tamachi or some shit?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2018, 05:59:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not to get into a drawn-out argument....especially over a Rollins rant! You can take it or leave it.
[close]
yes, let's unite in our rants boys! I don't think Frenchie posted that to get into some huge discussion about origins of music either, he was just posting another old man ranting. Rants don't have to be logical or even justified, that's the beauty of them.

I fucking despise Jiggers (Japanese Wiggers) who think they look gangsta by skating around a semi enclosed skatepark while smoking cigarettes. Sure sit down and have a break/ smoke or whatever but I don't want/ need to inhale the pollution that comes out of your decomposing lungs every time I go to hit up the funbox. I guess the beauty/ irony (and darwinism?) in all of this is that they actually pay corporations to (slowly) kill themselves ... just wish it would work a bit quicker :-\ Dear Jiggers, I don't get you, can you just go and die somewhere else please?
[close]

I'm not in Tokyo, so no, but Japanese Wiggers are Japanese Wiggers regardless of geographical location.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
dude forget your friends and find musicians who are serious about playing/creating something via online ads. Sometimes you make new friends in the process too.

yeah, that’s what I should do. instead of waiting for people to change it’s better to find different people. or do it solo.

You just gave me a lot of ammo, my friend.

About mindless consumption.

I live in a brand new appartment building and work in an office. The amount of stupid bullshit people buy is beyond insane. Total typical middle class psychosis, it's all about the newest shit.

You can't just buy a phone, it has to be the latest iPhone, you have to have tons of shit on your balcony. As I said, the building is brand new and people still modify and buy stupid shit for the interior. When working out at the company's gym, nothing but brand shit.

About people not doing anything.

As many of people on here know, I'm an ex-addict, so going to after work is not in my interest at all. So when I say that I have to train/play a poker tournament/whatever, they always tell me how "boring" I am. I mean, I have tons of interests that involve actually doing something and grinding to become better at it. These cunts just sit around a table and get fat on all the shitty food and beer. When I ask if somebody wants to do something, that involves actually doing something, no interest.

Yeah, not doing very well here...

people used to bitch about the bourgeoisie but these days you’d call them yuppies, basics, normies, bros, etc. I don’t know if there’s any point to life but there’s gotta be something more to it than mindless consumerism and entertainment seeking. do they ever feel like their entire lives are being wasted or are they aware and don’t give a shit? maybe they’ve thought about it and think anything is just passing the time so you might as well have silly carefree fun all the time and buy all the latest crap. maybe they think what’s the point of expending all that energy to be a mediocre skater and musician. to me that’s better though than living that ultra-middle class lifestyle. this makes me want to ask my friends about this actually. I’ll have to figure out a way to bring it up and get their real thoughts on it.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Brunch.  People want to go stand outside and wait for a table for an hour, eat some shitty benedict, and get day drunk?  That's a blown sunday.  Brother's wife ordered a "beermosa." I had to explain to her that it's just a yuppie white girl's Brass Monkey.  $110 for 4 people to eat a late breakfast...

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
eat some shitty benedict, and get day drunk!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2018, 08:47:21 PM »
Brother's wife ordered a "beermosa."
I would have walked away at that point

Sad Hippo

« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can do that at the strip club though and have a way better time.  Strip club breakfast is underrated.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2018, 01:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I can do that at the strip club though and have a way better time.  Strip club breakfast is underrated.
Can you get a poached egg at a strip club?

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2018, 01:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm not in Tokyo, so no, but Japanese Wiggers are Japanese Wiggers regardless of geographical location.

you're outside... so... toughen up princess.

nah but seriously as long as the put their butts and other rubbish in the bin they can smoke all they like.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2018, 01:34:15 AM »
you're outside... so... toughen up princess.
nah but seriously as long as the put their butts and other rubbish in the bin they can smoke all they like.
the park I'm talking about has a roof so semi undercover. I have no qualms about smoking in a designated area, like some scummy ashtray in which they can all huddle (and die) around, but I'm talking straight up ciggie in hand when skating around the park which is vile and dangerous if I'm skating there with my kid. Pick up their butts? Lol like smokers over here have any sense of responsibility when it comes to that.

Smokers are my ultimate pet peeve and serve no actual purpose in the world other than stinking up everything around them, creating excess rubbish, killing themselves slowly and ultimately putting a huge burden on the medical system. If only their cigarettes would work quicker...