Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54026 times)

shark tits

Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2018, 05:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
dude forget your friends and find musicians who are serious about playing/creating something via online ads. Sometimes you make new friends in the process too.
[close]

yeah, that’s what I should do. instead of waiting for people to change it’s better to find different people. or do it solo.

Expand Quote
You just gave me a lot of ammo, my friend.

About mindless consumption.

I live in a brand new appartment building and work in an office. The amount of stupid bullshit people buy is beyond insane. Total typical middle class psychosis, it's all about the newest shit.

You can't just buy a phone, it has to be the latest iPhone, you have to have tons of shit on your balcony. As I said, the building is brand new and people still modify and buy stupid shit for the interior. When working out at the company's gym, nothing but brand shit.

About people not doing anything.

As many of people on here know, I'm an ex-addict, so going to after work is not in my interest at all. So when I say that I have to train/play a poker tournament/whatever, they always tell me how "boring" I am. I mean, I have tons of interests that involve actually doing something and grinding to become better at it. These cunts just sit around a table and get fat on all the shitty food and beer. When I ask if somebody wants to do something, that involves actually doing something, no interest.

Yeah, not doing very well here...
[close]

people used to bitch about the bourgeoisie but these days you’d call them yuppies, basics, normies, bros, etc. I don’t know if there’s any point to life but there’s gotta be something more to it than mindless consumerism and entertainment seeking. do they ever feel like their entire lives are being wasted or are they aware and don’t give a shit? maybe they’ve thought about it and think anything is just passing the time so you might as well have silly carefree fun all the time and buy all the latest crap. maybe they think what’s the point of expending all that energy to be a mediocre skater and musician. to me that’s better though than living that ultra-middle class lifestyle. this makes me want to ask my friends about this actually. I’ll have to figure out a way to bring it up and get their real thoughts on it.
i think it's 'hungry ghost' syndrome. like in buddhism when you can't be content w/ what you have even as you achieve ever more. except instead of achieving, some people just purchase and it gives them a moment of self esteem 'i got the latest such and such, ooh pauly is gonna be so jelly'.
it's the same emptiness that force us out the house to land a trick, just not as cool.
i'm old. i don't get anything i can't eat, grind or stick my dick in.
extraneous bullshit headed for the landfill.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »

dude forget your friends and find musicians who are serious about playing/creating something via online ads. Sometimes you make new friends in the process too.

yeah, that’s what I should do. instead of waiting for people to change it’s better to find different people. or do it solo.

I enjoy music as a solo project so many great BM and doom bands done that way....

[/quote]
i think it's 'hungry ghost' syndrome. like in buddhism when you can't be content w/ what you have even as you achieve ever more. except instead of achieving, some people just purchase and it gives them a moment of self esteem 'i got the latest such and such, ooh pauly is gonna be so jelly'.
it's the same emptiness that force us out the house to land a trick, just not as cool.
i'm old. i don't get anything i can't eat, grind or stick my dick in.
extraneous bullshit headed for the landfill.
[/quote]
The one thing about being sober and consumerism that bums me out as you try to involve others and it's either time constraints no time to think things through or it's wishy washy and becomes a hassle to ever really bother that person, as maybe myself it's being either too needy or too whatever else etc and so forth if you don't have some kinda direction or tell them hey this is what i am into either get with the program or fuck off.... mainly those just fuck off I don't try to be taken serious and maybe it's my fault for having a direction and drive that is unquenchable but fuck me right when you have everything and relying on others to help out is the worst..... That's why I quit being in bands too many captains steering the ship or no one taking things seriously, had a great show lined up with a few crusty and heavy metal bands, I say hey we could really take off with this put together a set of songs and demo's, well that was short lived I get bummed trying to extend the olive branch and yet no one reaches out to reciprocate the offers.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2018, 12:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
you're outside... so... toughen up princess.
nah but seriously as long as the put their butts and other rubbish in the bin they can smoke all they like.
[close]
the park I'm talking about has a roof so semi undercover. I have no qualms about smoking in a designated area, like some scummy ashtray in which they can all huddle (and die) around, but I'm talking straight up ciggie in hand when skating around the park which is vile and dangerous if I'm skating there with my kid. Pick up their butts? Lol like smokers over here have any sense of responsibility when it comes to that.

Smokers are my ultimate pet peeve and serve no actual purpose in the world other than stinking up everything around them, creating excess rubbish, killing themselves slowly and ultimately putting a huge burden on the medical system. If only their cigarettes would work quicker...

bring it baby, bring it!!!
https://japantoday.com/category/national/kyo-gov't-passes-strict-anti-smoking-laws

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2018, 09:58:40 AM »
these grizzled skaters in there late 20s and early 30s that are kinda on the coke/booze train, still wearin the skate gear.  They skate good and are kinda lords over what ever scene.   THere actually cool people but after you travel around to enough different skate scenes seeing the same motherfuckers all the time (in different countrys even) is weird. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:00:48 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2018, 10:03:35 AM »
these grizzled skaters in there late 20s and early 30s that are kinda on the coke/booze train, still wearin the skate gear.  They skate good and are kinda lords over what ever scene.   THere actually cool people but after you travel around to enough different skate scenes seeing the same motherfuckers all the time (in different countries even) is weird. 

people really over exaggerate the idea that skaters are all such an unique and individualistic group of people when in reality a great deal of us are very very similar.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2018, 01:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
these grizzled skaters in there late 20s and early 30s that are kinda on the coke/booze train, still wearin the skate gear.  They skate good and are kinda lords over what ever scene.   THere actually cool people but after you travel around to enough different skate scenes seeing the same motherfuckers all the time (in different countries even) is weird. 
[close]

people really over exaggerate the idea that skaters are all such an unique and individualistic group of people when in reality a great deal of us are very very similar.
Now lets not beat around the bush some skaters and their "crews" are fuckheads. case in point Santa Cruz has a shitty quasi nazi bs only so and so can skate here blah blah, I've seen it and got punked at a park as they tried to take my beer. Thank god I saw the bs coming and dipped before they could grab my beer. I actually miss bladers then some skate kooks, at least they know they suck and can joke about it, some skaters don't want to admit a lot of times it's their fault for being assholes...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
No hate for the bladers coming from me for sure.  Thats so long ago when you see one out you know there vets and they deserve props.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »
No hate for the bladers coming from me for sure.  Thats so long ago when you see one out you know there vets and they deserve props.

For sure saw one the other day and was psyched to dork about in a plaza, however he seemed like a tweaker. Whatever he had some OG fruitboots and I have to say I was impressed as he was seemless with his line or whatever they do.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2018, 04:18:43 AM »
Expand Quote
you're outside... so... toughen up princess.
nah but seriously as long as the put their butts and other rubbish in the bin they can smoke all they like.
[close]
the park I'm talking about has a roof so semi undercover. I have no qualms about smoking in a designated area, like some scummy ashtray in which they can all huddle (and die) around, but I'm talking straight up ciggie in hand when skating around the park which is vile and dangerous if I'm skating there with my kid. Pick up their butts? Lol like smokers over here have any sense of responsibility when it comes to that.

Smokers are my ultimate pet peeve and serve no actual purpose in the world other than stinking up everything around them, creating excess rubbish, killing themselves slowly and ultimately putting a huge burden on the medical system. If only their cigarettes would work quicker...

You’re that guy that “coughs” outside when someone lights up near them.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2018, 05:21:26 AM »
No, I’m that angry guy that gets pissed at them for stinking up the place and making my family sick 😷
But sure, sometimes I’ll cough, it’s only a natural reaction to breathing in a cocktail of vile chemicals that your body doesn’t actually need.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:26:40 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2018, 05:40:19 AM »
ciggs are gross but im a smoker and i know that shit stinks and sucks to breath when you arent a smoker so i dont like to smoke near non smokers, but non smokers that bitch about smokers is like vegans preaching to meat eaters.

my favorite comedian, and one of his best bits. if you dont know about bill hicks, go watch some of his specials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTfex_JeqU

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2018, 05:45:53 AM »
And that’s fine, IF you have some sort of awareness. The smokers I deal with have none and thus I’ll call them on their shit.
Be aware too that my wife has a condition in which being anywhere near cigarette smoke makes her really sick so it’s not easy to just sit back and go, “yeah bro, live and let live” when I see what it does to her...

As for the vegan thang, I don’t say anything to people eating meat around me but don’t tell me you wouldn’t call someone on their shit if you saw them bashing a dog in front of you. Anyway, eating meat in front of me doesn’t immediately affect me so I’ll keep my mouth shut unless someone wants to start that conversation, cigarettes directly cause harm to my family so I feel it’s justified if I rant at someone for having no awareness.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:49:47 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2018, 06:58:07 AM »
And that’s fine, IF you have some sort of awareness. The smokers I deal with have none and thus I’ll call them on their shit.
Be aware too that my wife has a condition in which being anywhere near cigarette smoke makes her really sick so it’s not easy to just sit back and go, “yeah bro, live and let live” when I see what it does to her...

As for the vegan thang, I don’t say anything to people eating meat around me but don’t tell me you wouldn’t call someone on their shit if you saw them bashing a dog in front of you. Anyway, eating meat in front of me doesn’t immediately affect me so I’ll keep my mouth shut unless someone wants to start that conversation, cigarettes directly cause harm to my family so I feel it’s justified if I rant at someone for having no awareness.

I didn’t even know you were vegan haha, and I would murder anyone that bashed a dog infront me

Sad Hippo

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »
I have a young kid and will straight tell a smoker he’s a dick if they light up near him. If I’m walking by or whatever I’m not going to say anything though. The worst are people who vape now. They do that shit everywhere, and it’s a big ass cloud of some cherry smelling shit. Always think the front door of a business, or I’ll get stuck walking behind one downtown... hate hate hate.  I can smell it 3 cars up, that stuff permeates everything. I’ll take a smoker over a vaper any day.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2018, 09:01:17 AM »
I don't get why a stranger would ever think I give a fuck about their kid

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »
I have a young kid and will straight tell a smoker he’s a dick if they light up near him. If I’m walking by or whatever I’m not going to say anything though. The worst are people who vape now. They do that shit everywhere, and it’s a big ass cloud of some cherry smelling shit. Always think the front door of a business, or I’ll get stuck walking behind one downtown... hate hate hate.  I can smell it 3 cars up, that stuff permeates everything. I’ll take a smoker over a vaper any day.

Fucking Crossfit of smoking.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2018, 10:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For sure saw one the other day and was psyched to dork about in a plaza, however he seemed like a tweaker. Whatever he had some OG fruitboots and I have to say I was impressed as he was seemless with his line or whatever they do.

and at least rollerblades don’t ruin ledges like bikes or scooters do.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
Nobody’s asking you to give a fuck about someone’s kid. It’s just being fucking polite in a public space. You too punk rock for that or what?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nobody’s asking you to give a fuck about someone’s kid. It’s just being fucking polite in a public space. You too punk rock for that or what?

I don't smoke DAD and "I have a young kid here..." means that you want strangers to give a fuck about your kid. If I'm farting on the sidewalk and it just so happens your kid passes by as I do it, they're catching a fart. Welcome to Erf.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2018, 11:26:48 AM »
I see dudes standing outside hardcore shows and vaping like a motherfucker. How you gonna try and look hard but smell like a fucking cotton candy machine? See you in the pit, you sugary smelling son of a bitch.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

feedmeseymour

« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2018, 11:28:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't smoke DAD and "I have a young kid here..." means that you want strangers to give a fuck about your kid. If I'm farting on the sidewalk and it just so happens your kid passes by as I do it, they're catching a fart. Welcome to Erf.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Passing someone on the street isn’t what I’m talking about. Thanks for chiming in to let everyone know how much you don’t care though.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2018, 11:49:52 AM »
The worst are people who vape now. They do that shit everywhere, and it’s a big ass cloud of some cherry smelling shit.

I've got a handheld vaporizer for my medicinal weed. It doesn't really create much of a cloud or a smell. Regardless, a man and woman walked by me the other day while I was using it, and the woman asked the man "is that one of those vaper fuck boys you were talking about?" I couldn't even be mad.

That said, I don't get skating in athletic windbreaker pants. I feel that any extra mobility they offer is negated by a severe lack of sturdiness in the fabric.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2018, 12:01:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Passing someone on the street isn’t what I’m talking about. Thanks for chiming in to let everyone know how much you don’t care though.

Oh I didn't know you just wanted to hear your own thoughts repeated back to you my bad you special person you

Sad Hippo

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh I didn't know you just wanted to hear your own thoughts repeated back to you my bad you special person you

Mr. Fink

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2018, 07:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

and that’s a win for Shit for Brains.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2018, 11:13:19 PM »
'Excuse me.....is true that it's as good as sucking a robot's dick?'

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2018, 02:23:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rollerblading is so ostracized, it's like the new punk rock
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Rollerblading is so ostracized, it's like the new punk rock
Whoa there buddy!!!!!
That’s giving them a bit more credit then exactly due however it’s that obscure numetal band that you secretly love (Rage Against the Machine) was my guilty pleasure.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: July 01, 2018, 06:50:18 PM »
I have a young kid and will straight tell a smoker he’s a dick if they light up near him.
let's unite through our common hate!
I don't even think shit for brains gets what this thread is about anyway...