Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54051 times)

Eds_gallerist

Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2018, 05:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote
And another thing... Who the fuck cares enough about rep to mention it?
[close]
gnar'd.
but for real, slap be better w/out rep. force people to use their words.

No offense, but it is kinda funny that you gnar'd him after he said he doesn't care.  Plus if you think that slap would be better of without rep then stop using it.

On topic: muscle/stamina build-up takes so fucking long after winter now that I am getting older.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2018, 06:02:52 AM »
Why come whenever I get a veggie pizza everyone who said they want meat lovers eat my pizza?  It’s like Eat you nasty meat pizza and stay away from my veggie.  Right? ;D
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

active_shooter

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2018, 10:05:38 AM »
The whole "glamour truck" thing. The Ford F-150/F-250 so beautifully clean and pristine, congratulations on spending so much on a vehicle that you will never ever use for its intended purpose, which is hauling shit. And being in Texas, this is the worst, it's everywhere. I used to work with 2 guys that drove practically matching F-250s that they kept spotless and insisted on parking next to each other. I came back from lunch once and one of them was on the ground, underneath his truck, insuring that you could see the stickers on his suspension. Lift kits and jacked suspension that you will never ever use. That's intelligent. Or putting big rims and thin tires on a truck. You had the ability to get through any street in any condition, now you're struggling to get over some train tracks because you might damage your rims. It's like, are you doing this to impress men with the same thing? Other men that you don't know? Why do we place so much importance and worth on our things that we own, not realizing that we allow these things to determine our worth? You don't see that? No? Ok.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2018, 10:19:47 AM »
The whole "glamour truck" thing. The Ford F-150/F-250 so beautifully clean and pristine, congratulations on spending so much on a vehicle that you will never ever use for its intended purpose, which is hauling shit. And being in Texas, this is the worst, it's everywhere. I used to work with 2 guys that drove practically matching F-250s that they kept spotless and insisted on parking next to each other. I came back from lunch once and one of them was on the ground, underneath his truck, insuring that you could see the stickers on his suspension. Lift kits and jacked suspension that you will never ever use. That's intelligent. Or putting big rims and thin tires on a truck. You had the ability to get through any street in any condition, now you're struggling to get over some train tracks because you might damage your rims. It's like, are you doing this to impress men with the same thing? Other men that you don't know? Why do we place so much importance and worth on our things that we own, not realizing that we allow these things to determine our worth? You don't see that? No? Ok.

ive been told when you have a little dick, you buy a big truck.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
I hate those big trucks. they take up so much space. people driving and parking those things in urban areas are especially stupid. no one is impressed by your stupid fucking truck.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2018, 11:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im not a car guy. i drive too many miles to keep cars nice and dont have the money to buy anything cool. a car to me is a transportation tool and thats it. but if you're into cars and want to customize your shit, go for it. cars, trucks, vans, whatever, do your thing. it doesnt bother me because i dont care about that stuff.

the one thing i don't get, or i guess i just dont like and agree with, is the dickhead truck drivers who feel the need to express their ignorance and their desire be a jackass to the whole world. im talking about the lifted "coal roller" guys who drive around blowing black clouds of smoke while flying confederate flags and whatever other alt-right stickers and decals they need on their truck. it's not even like they're trying to act like badasses, its like they're on a mission to piss people off. if you're able to afford all that shit, you should be old enough to have grown out of the pissing people off for fun phase.

plus the confederate flag shit is just fucking regular, especially where im from. i live in a state that borders fucking canada. there is no southern heritage here what so ever. i see confederate flag stickers, license plates and all kinds of other shit including real flags on cars and trucks way too often, and all that says is "I'm a racist and you need to know it".

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »

Pretty sure I mentioned this earlier in the thread. If I didn't I meant to.

Drives me nuts
Gentleman ninja warlock

active_shooter

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

im not a car guy. i drive too many miles to keep cars nice and dont have the money to buy anything cool. a car to me is a transportation tool and thats it. but if you're into cars and want to customize your shit, go for it. cars, trucks, vans, whatever, do your thing. it doesnt bother me because i dont care about that stuff.

the one thing i don't get, or i guess i just dont like and agree with, is the dickhead truck drivers who feel the need to express their ignorance and their desire be a jackass to the whole world. im talking about the lifted "coal roller" guys who drive around blowing black clouds of smoke while flying confederate flags and whatever other alt-right stickers and decals they need on their truck. it's not even like they're trying to act like badasses, its like they're on a mission to piss people off. if you're able to afford all that shit, you should be old enough to have grown out of the pissing people off for fun phase.

plus the confederate flag shit is just fucking regular, especially where im from. i live in a state that borders fucking canada. there is no southern heritage here what so ever. i see confederate flag stickers, license plates and all kinds of other shit including real flags on cars and trucks way too often, and all that says is "I'm a racist and you need to know it".
Yeah, outside of Houston there is a special breed where these shit hats have a truck that spits constant black smoke and they have a combination Texas/Confederate flag they proudly fly.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And that's where you're wrong.  I have a little dick, but drive a little truck.  Both are white.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

active_shooter

« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2018, 05:58:06 AM »
I just joined this whole thing, lurked for a minute then signed up. If there is a proper introduction page and I've missed it, I do apologize. And, can I post more than 1 thing per thread? I'll try it anyway.
I am old, not so bitter but more tired than anything and as much as I practice having more patience it's not working out.
So people (and this seems to be younger people more than anything) who think that everything they like is a "classic." "Everything Drake performs on is a classic." No, it's not. It's mediocre, and mediocrity is so celebrated these days its absurd. You like Drake? He really speaks to you, huh? That's great, Wu-tang does the same for me. But everything is not a classic just because it speaks to you. So much music is disposable and will be forgotten in 2-3 years, give it time. "Classic" for me is the first Nas album, the first Pete Rock and CL Smooth album, Black Sabbath's Vol.4 album, Fugazi's Repeater... whatever.

calvinsdream

« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2018, 02:38:57 PM »
I just joined this whole thing, lurked for a minute then signed up. If there is a proper introduction page and I've missed it, I do apologize. And, can I post more than 1 thing per thread? I'll try it anyway.
I am old, not so bitter but more tired than anything and as much as I practice having more patience it's not working out.
So people (and this seems to be younger people more than anything) who think that everything they like is a "classic." "Everything Drake performs on is a classic." No, it's not. It's mediocre, and mediocrity is so celebrated these days its absurd. You like Drake? He really speaks to you, huh? That's great, Wu-tang does the same for me. But everything is not a classic just because it speaks to you. So much music is disposable and will be forgotten in 2-3 years, give it time. "Classic" for me is the first Nas album, the first Pete Rock and CL Smooth album, Black Sabbath's Vol.4 album, Fugazi's Repeater... whatever.

You know there's been a lot of great hip hop since '94, right?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

93 till infinity
Gentleman ninja warlock

active_shooter

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2018, 04:49:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes I'm quite aware.

calvinsdream

« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yes I'm quite aware.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
post malone . straight trash : im pretty open to all things and see the appeal to a lot of crap that im not into .. but that dude and his music makes no sense to me
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2018, 07:13:55 AM »
post malone . straight trash : im pretty open to all things and see the appeal to a lot of crap that im not into .. but that dude and his music makes no sense to me

Hahaha. I'm an older hip hop kinda guy. I had someone put me on run the jewels which was decent, and I very listened to el p for like 20 fuckin years already lol.

Then I found czarface which in theory should be amazing, but way too many corny intro outro shit. Few banger track though

Then I was put on post malone. Downloaded an album before listening and wtf??? I dont get it. How the fuck would somebody think I'd like this shit? Its indeed, horrid.

It's like hes modern times DOOM or some shit.

Anyhow, listened to j. Cole last night and that fucker can rap. It's not amazing, but hes kinda like a modern NAS. A few tracks are really good lyrically and have catchy hooks.

One track, I think it's called atm. It's all about money. Normally I hate that shit but he made the song pretty fucking good. Good enough I listened to it 3 times anyways
Gentleman ninja warlock

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
Can't do Post Malone, got in and out of Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller, Future and all the other top 40 my wife pushes on me haha I'm stuck on old Ice Cube right now but always bounce around genres and subgenres

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2018, 10:48:45 AM »
i'm starting to wonder if we'll see a rash of suicides once all of these youtube/instagram "celebrities" start aging out.  we have a whole generation of kids who base their entire self worth on their looks, and the social capital they think it gives them.  its obviously not going to last forever, and I wonder how they are going to cope when its all over.  i think we're already seeing the effects on early reality TV and myspace celebrities (Bam, Zombie Boy, etc).

i think major studies need to be done on the long term effects of social media on our mental health
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »
Like Lana Rhoades crying over her insta being shut down

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
i'm starting to wonder if we'll see a rash of suicides once all of these youtube/instagram "celebrities" start aging out.  we have a whole generation of kids who base their entire self worth on their looks, and the social capital they think it gives them.  its obviously not going to last forever, and I wonder how they are going to cope when its all over.  i think we're already seeing the effects on early reality TV and myspace celebrities (Bam, Zombie Boy, etc).

i think major studies need to be done on the long term effects of social media on our mental health

Through skateboarding i get to be around some teens and they are more on point with their social media than a lot of their parents......

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2018, 02:18:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Through skateboarding i get to be around some teens and they are more on point with their social media than a lot of their parents......

Can you elaborate what you mean by being on point with social media? Iīm genuinely curious since I donīt really participate in it except for the occasional lurking.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2018, 05:19:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Can you elaborate what you mean by being on point with social media? Iīm genuinely curious since I donīt really participate in it except for the occasional lurking.

how i took it was that a lot of teens are more aware of how social media effects their reputations and use it more responsibly than their parents. i have a handful of younger cousins in middle and high school who have added me on instagram and snap chat and all of their parents have more obnoxious accounts. my cousins spend a lot of time on their phones, but their parents are the ones stopping everything so they can share everything they do.

i think kids know theyre one wrong move away from total humiliation from everyone they know. adults dont care.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2018, 05:29:32 AM »
I hope you're right, JB. Really do.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2018, 07:10:34 AM »
That's what I meant.......plus all the parents are on social media now so the kids are peacing on it.

Ok....what's with underwear under swim trunks?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »
That's what I meant.......plus all the parents are on social media now so the kids are peacing on it.

They are doing it so their dickhead friends canīt pull their trunks down and expose their willy.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »
The no comply where the foot is planted till the board spins/flips/hits whatever.
NO, just NO. Get that front foot back off the ground right after the pop, sick fucks.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah, outside of Houston there is a special breed where these shit hats have a truck that spits constant black smoke and they have a combination Texas/Confederate flag they proudly fly.
Up in here in my podunk jn Missouri we have the same thing every summer. The truck gangs (and crotch rockets) all meet up in the same parking lot and race up and down the highway that goes through the town. I once drunkenly went with them (thought my ass was about to get lynched) and will admit it's stupid fun being that high off the ground and race other trucks BUT I felt immediate shame when I sobered up.

In the same vein, I don't get the people here in Missouri that wave Confederate flags. We were a Border State, we stayed in the Union while still having slaves. It's of course "Heritage not Hate" but it's not even their heritage!

The trap edits on Instagram. They all seem the same, maybe not the tricks but the edits are all exactly the same.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »

the trend around me that i dont get is these new swim shirts. my wife bought one for our kid and he wont go swimming without it. i tried taking him to the beach one day and he couldn't find the shirt and i had to convince him that he didn't need it and that nobody needs a shirt to swim in. we get to the beach and literally every male there has a shirt on. adults, kids, everyone. it used to just be people who were overweight and probably ashamed, which i get, but now its everyone.

i can see the benefit for people who burn super easily, but i feel like good sunscreen is all you need. plus swimming with a shirt is just uncomfortable and it sucks.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the trend around me that i dont get is these new swim shirts. my wife bought one for our kid and he wont go swimming without it. i tried taking him to the beach one day and he couldn't find the shirt and i had to convince him that he didn't need it and that nobody needs a shirt to swim in. we get to the beach and literally every male there has a shirt on. adults, kids, everyone. it used to just be people who were overweight and probably ashamed, which i get, but now its everyone.

i can see the benefit for people who burn super easily, but i feel like good sunscreen is all you need. plus swimming with a shirt is just uncomfortable and it sucks.

My swim trunks have a liner so I don't show my balls to everyone

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My swim trunks have a liner so I don't show my balls to everyone

What beach is that? Down here in Santa Monica you still see heavier people with shirts on but for the most partit's skin everywhere.