Author Topic: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread  (Read 54043 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Don't "Get" (Old Man Rant) Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's what I meant.......plus all the parents are on social media now so the kids are peacing on it.

Ok....what's with underwear under swim trunks?
[close]

the trend around me that i dont get is these new swim shirts. my wife bought one for our kid and he wont go swimming without it. i tried taking him to the beach one day and he couldn't find the shirt and i had to convince him that he didn't need it and that nobody needs a shirt to swim in. we get to the beach and literally every male there has a shirt on. adults, kids, everyone. it used to just be people who were overweight and probably ashamed, which i get, but now its everyone.

i can see the benefit for people who burn super easily, but i feel like good sunscreen is all you need. plus swimming with a shirt is just uncomfortable and it sucks.
[close]

My swim trunks have a liner so I don't show my balls to everyone
[close]

What beach is that? Down here in Santa Monica you still see heavier people with shirts on but for the most partit's skin everywhere.

its just the little beach at the lake in my neighborhood. where i live there are lakes everywhere. you cant go a mile in a straight line without ending up in some kind of body of water.

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2018, 02:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's what I meant.......plus all the parents are on social media now so the kids are peacing on it.

[close]

the trend around me that i dont get is these new swim shirts. my wife bought one for our kid and he wont go swimming without it. i tried taking him to the beach one day and he couldn't find the shirt and i had to convince him that he didn't need it and that nobody needs a shirt to swim in. we get to the beach and literally every male there has a shirt on. adults, kids, everyone. it used to just be people who were overweight and probably ashamed, which i get, but now its everyone.

i can see the benefit for people who burn super easily, but i feel like good sunscreen is all you need. plus swimming with a shirt is just uncomfortable and it sucks.
[close]

[close]

What beach is that? Down here in Santa Monica you still see heavier people with shirts on but for the most partit's skin everywhere.
[close]

its just the little beach at the lake in my neighborhood. where i live there are lakes everywhere. you cant go a mile in a straight line without ending up in some kind of body of water.

My son is like that with swim shirts too.

My wife started it because she was worried about him getting sunburned (does save on lotion application time) but he tans fine. Basically will not swim without one.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »
The no comply where the foot is planted till the board spins/flips/hits whatever.
NO, just NO. Get that front foot back off the ground right after the pop, sick fucks.
this is a good one. It's one motion, otherwise you're lazy and have no self-worth

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2018, 11:26:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My son is like that with swim shirts too.

My wife started it because she was worried about him getting sunburned (does save on lotion application time) but he tans fine. Basically will not swim without one.

I've noticed lots of Australians rock them....I suspect it has to do with skin cancer....

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »
Can't do Post Malone, got in and out of Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller, Future and all the other top 40 my wife pushes on me haha I'm stuck on old Ice Cube right now but always bounce around genres and subgenres

Fuck Yeah! me too.. ive alwayd been more of a metal guy, but since I watched Straight Outta Compton a couple weeks ago ive been listening to Ice Cube a lot

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
i understand nothing of issy. nothing!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »
i understand nothing of issy. nothing!
weaboo culture? *shrugs*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't do Post Malone, got in and out of Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller, Future and all the other top 40 my wife pushes on me haha I'm stuck on old Ice Cube right now but always bounce around genres and subgenres
[close]

Fuck Yeah! me too.. ive alwayd been more of a metal guy, but since I watched Straight Outta Compton a couple weeks ago ive been listening to Ice Cube a lot

I didnt see the movie but I have all those old albums

Back then he was hard as fuck and a great rapper. 

Westside connection was pretty fucked though. And I think the other group was called kaution?
Gentleman ninja warlock

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Westside connection was pretty fucked though. And I think the other group was called kaution?
He signed Kaution to Lench Mob. Pretty tight. He definitely isn't as pissed of as he was on his first couple albums but I still back him.

That movie is good. My cousin saw Yella in the Iowa airport once, and said whats up, no one else there really knew who he was and the movie was out already.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:09:24 PM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
He signed Kaution to Lynch Mob. Pretty tight. He definitely isn't as pissed of as he was on his first couple albums but I still back him.

That movie is good. My cousin saw Yella in the Iowa airport once, and said whats up, no one else there really knew who he was and the movie was out already.

A couple years ago Yella was DJing a club night I ended up at after a gig. I had no idea who he was and was and I got all pissy and bailed cos it wasnt METAL BRO.. fucking twat - I regret that now, I was probably a sick set.
if only i wasnt too busy being a self righteous closed minded dick ... oh well

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:06 PM »
I'm sure this has been beat to death but I don't really like going to the skatepark and having to ask someone what year it is just to make sure I haven't fallen into a time warp back to 1998.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2018, 02:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve never seen a music biopic with a more clear hero than that movie. My friends and I all walked out saying “Man, Ice Cube really is the shit huh?”

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »
White pants on men. Unless it is a part of your uniform, no.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve never seen a music biopic with a more clear hero than that movie. My friends and I all walked out saying “Man, Ice Cube really is the shit huh?”

I'd be the hero of my own movie too

Mr. Fink

« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2018, 09:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No shit Ice Cube and Dre were producers. Everyone knows that. The authenticity of the movie was heavily discussed after it came out. Dre was made to look like he was a much better person than he really was. Ice Cube’s shit was factual and he still looked much better than everyone else in the movie.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2018, 03:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No shit Ice Cube and Dre were producers. Everyone knows that. The authenticity of the movie was heavily discussed after it came out. Dre was made to look like he was a much better person than he really was. Ice Cube’s shit was factual and he still looked much better than everyone else in the movie.

Ice Cube had some solid stuff over the years and was a very good writer.  Boyz In the Hood was a great role for him.  It's pretty funny now that he's a family movie type guy.  I still don't know where Dr. Dre got his PhD. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2018, 05:40:06 AM »
  Cruiser boards  -I hate them cause its a skateboard that sucks in every way possible.  Cycling is way more enjoyable.
  Performance surf culture . - yuck
  The longevity of the skinny jean fad in europe.
   Weed mixed with tobacco

"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2018, 05:59:12 AM »
  Cruiser boards  -I hate them cause its a skateboard that sucks in every way possible.  Cycling is way more enjoyable.
  Performance surf culture . - yuck
  The longevity of the skinny jean fad in europe.
   Weed mixed with tobacco

They're for getting from a to b and having fun along the way. Rough ground is no longer gonna completely stop you and learning tricks on them is strange and fun. Can Ollie up curbs and pretend you're in the eighties.

Weed and tobacco is shitty
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

shit_for_brains

« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I don't care nearly that much

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
the show girls on hbo. is it supposed to be real life and people actually sympathize and relate to the characters or are you supposed to hate everyone?

why roller skaters are accepted but bladers arent. get out of here with that shit.

making excuses for long boarding

liking the taste of alcohol. i get that most people just want to get fucked up and will drink cheap beer or mixed drinks but i dont understand how people like the taste of hard alcohol by itself or stuff like IPAs.   

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
the show girls on hbo. is it supposed to be real life and people actually sympathize and relate to the characters or are you supposed to hate everyone?

why roller skaters are accepted but bladers arent. get out of here with that shit.

liking the taste of alcohol. i get that most people just want to get fucked up and will drink cheap beer or mixed drinks but i dont understand how people like the taste of hard alcohol by itself or stuff like IPAs.
A customer of the shop I work in recommended I try some Blueberry and Grapefruit IPA, then stated IPAs are his shit. I stick to caguamas of Pacifico mostly.

When I drank liquor I did like the taste of Wild Turkey,but now it's a no go. I don't get vodka and all it's love.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »
for the last 20 years i keep having people tell me i need to try x beer because it tastes just like x fruit and to me it just ends up tasting like every other gross beer.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »
for the last 20 years i keep having people tell me i need to try x beer because it tastes just like x fruit and to me it just ends up tasting like every other gross beer.
The only fruit that belongs in beer is lime,for micheladas haha

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A customer of the shop I work in recommended I try some Blueberry and Grapefruit IPA, then stated IPAs are his shit. I stick to caguamas of Pacifico mostly.

When I drank liquor I did like the taste of Wild Turkey,but now it's a no go. I don't get vodka and all it's love.

Vodka is for people people who like to drink on the reg but think that drinking will make them fat. I think most vodkas have no calories or anything. Its like choosing frozen yogurt over ice cream? I myself dont really understand vodka. Especially buying expensive vodka over cheap vodka.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Vodka is for people people who like to drink on the reg but think that drinking will make them fat. I think most vodkas have no calories or anything. Its like choosing frozen yogurt over ice cream? I myself dont really understand vodka. Especially buying expensive vodka over cheap vodka.

Alcohol has a whole bunch of calories. Vodka just doesn’t have any additional calories from carbohydrates (and protein) like beer for example. There are definitely differences in how vodkas taste. I’ve never had any of that expensive shit cuz I think it’s mostly bullshit and I rather drink something with flavor but some vodkas are crazy smooth and some are harsh as fuck. I pretty much only drink vodka at some traditional dinner parties where it’s a tradition to take a shot every now and then and get hammered.

But the taste of alcohol is a funny thing for sure. Drinking a 40% solvent which has been seeped in burned wooden tanks for years and that supposedly tastes good. Weird fucking stuff but I do like some whiskeys. 🤔

Beers have a crazy variety in tastes. IPAs I’m not personally a big fan of and it’s a stupid fucking fad right now but some of them are alright in the right situation. In general I don’t understand very hoppy beers, hoppy to the point that they’re just bitter but to each their own. 😊

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2018, 12:16:47 PM »
craft beer and everythingn affiliated with it can fuck all the way off

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Alcohol has a whole bunch of calories. Vodka just doesn’t have any additional calories from carbohydrates (and protein) like beer for example. There are definitely differences in how vodkas taste. I’ve never had any of that expensive shit cuz I think it’s mostly bullshit and I rather drink something with flavor but some vodkas are crazy smooth and some are harsh as fuck. I pretty much only drink vodka at some traditional dinner parties where it’s a tradition to take a shot every now and then and get hammered.

But the taste of alcohol is a funny thing for sure. Drinking a 40% solvent which has been seeped in burned wooden tanks for years and that supposedly tastes good. Weird fucking stuff but I do like some whiskeys. 🤔

Beers have a crazy variety in tastes. IPAs I’m not personally a big fan of and it’s a stupid fucking fad right now but some of them are alright in the right situation. In general I don’t understand very hoppy beers, hoppy to the point that they’re just bitter but to each their own. 😊

Alcohol has one less calorie per gram than fat.

BUT. The body burns alcohol calories in priority because it's not viewd as dietary calories buy the body

That's why if someone drinks alot but doesnt eat after getting drunk, they'll be rail thin

If you eat after getting drunk, the body stores alot of fat because burning alcohol is the priority. So that's often the beer gut guy with man tits.

Also, the brain is the only organ than wants to operate on fats.  Alcohol depletes fats and an energy source so voila! Hang over(yes hydration and b vitamins play a roll too to a lesser extent)

Wanna test this? Get drunk. Dont eat. Take 10-12 grams of fish oil before bed

Hangover DRAMATICALLY decreased

Also this is why drunk people want fat food.

Nobody gets smashed and thinks " fuck it, I wanna salad"

That's your brain saying EAT SOME FUCKIN FAT

Gentleman ninja warlock

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »
People hating on vodka and weed+tobacco? I'm out.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2018, 01:34:22 AM »
BUT. The body burns alcohol calories in priority because it's not viewd as dietary calories buy the body
That's why if someone drinks alot but doesnt eat after getting drunk, they'll be rail thin
If you eat after getting drunk, the body stores alot of fat because burning alcohol is the priority. So that's often the beer gut guy with man tits.
Also, the brain is the only organ than wants to operate on fats.  Alcohol depletes fats and an energy source so voila! Hang over(yes hydration and b vitamins play a roll too to a lesser extent)
tell me more about that,  please.
i'm actually serious. really curious

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2018, 07:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
tell me more about that,  please.
i'm actually serious. really curious

Just buy a bottle or 2 of liquid softgels. They usually come in 180 sofgel bottle with 1000mg per softgel

Read the label though and get ones with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA per sofgel

They are mad cheap too
Gentleman ninja warlock