Author Topic: Etnies Album  (Read 5682 times)

Pill_Cosby

Etnies Album
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
First things first..no El Toro footy, in fact Sheckler and David Reyes Share a part, it's what you'd expect.
Matt Berger's part is crazy but you'll forget about it in a week.
Ryan Lay had the best part, skates very creatively and jumps down some hefty gaps and rails.
Aiden Campbell boardslides the hubba shecks got wrecked on, fucking wild.
Chris Joslin does the biggest bs 360 kf ever and the whole part is enders, really fucked.

Other than the generic "same garageband artist for every song" vibe and its hour in length, it was a decent video. Lay's part was the only one with re-watchable value.

Also Willow has a part.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:15:10 AM by Pill_Cosby »

Mcidraque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Etnies Album
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:50:10 AM »
what about Barney's part?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:04:54 AM »
I guess they dropped Albert Nyberg and replaced Elmo with a fucking Pizza McClunk. Was looking forward to a new Nick Garcia part but I'm sure whatever raw footage/b-sides they release will be better than the video edit.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 08:03:12 AM »
Ryan lay is the only dude on the team I fucks with. Can't wait to see his part

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 08:10:03 PM »
what about Barney's part?

his part is really good.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 02:38:05 AM »
First things first..no El Toro footy, in fact Sheckler and David Reyes Share a part, it's what you'd expect.
Matt Berger's part is crazy but you'll forget about it in a week.
Ryan Lay had the best part, skates very creatively and jumps down some hefty gaps and rails.
Aiden Campbell boardslides the hubba shecks got wrecked on, fucking wild.
Chris Joslin does the biggest bs 360 kf ever and the whole part is enders, really fucked.

Other than the generic "same garageband artist for every song" vibe and its hour in length, it was a decent video. Lay's part was the only one with re-watchable value.

Also Willow has a part.

I thought the point was that it was called album because the soundtrack was done by skateboarding musicians?  I think it is a neat idea.   

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:50:35 AM »
Ryan lay should have released his part as a solo clip, sucks he has to be thrown in the mix with a bunch of jock boarders

Ingenting Polisen

• Rep: 1
    • https://imgur.com/a/ErQuTFP avatar image
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:24:38 AM »
The music made this video the most forgettable shit i've ever seen, such a shame since the level of skating was amazing

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
I liked Ryan Lay and Barney Pages' parts the best. Really creative and stylish tricks. Tawncomy's part was good, but not better than his Stay Gold part. Willow did a pressure flip down that famous double set in Berlin. Matt Berger is a tall skater (i.e. average length American male) who does some really good tricks. Very good and creative ledge tricks and amazing handrail tricks.
Chris Joslin did really try for this part it seems. Alot of lines and tricks you haven't seen him do before. He has two nbd tricks on wallenberg which are just thrown into the middle of his part. His ender is that 360 kickflip that has been written about above. 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
I liked Ryan Lay and Barney Pages' parts the best. Really creative and stylish tricks. Tawncomy's part was good, but not better than his Stay Gold part. Willow did a pressure flip down that famous double set in Berlin. Matt Berger is a tall skater (i.e. average length American male) who does some really good tricks. Very good and creative ledge tricks and amazing handrail tricks.
Chris Joslin did really try for this part it seems. Alot of lines and tricks you haven't seen him do before. He has two nbd tricks on wallenberg which are just thrown into the middle of his part. His ender is that 360 kickflip that has been written about above.

"Spoil It!!!"

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 02:52:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Spoil It!!!"

Ghetto bird and inward heel

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 03:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

"Spoil It!!!"
[close]

Is that your guess, or did that actually go down?! Jesus.

Does Samarria have clips?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
Do we get a part from Garcia?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 07:59:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

"Spoil It!!!"
[close]

Fuck that is the ugliest trick with the worst name!!!

Lavar On the Couch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:50 PM »
Just like a helicopter floating over the hood... Chris Joslin.

Name is terrible, but nollie version by Kareem is still the shit.
Crazy right?

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 12:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

"Spoil It!!!"
[close]

[close]

Is that your guess, or did that actually go down?! Jesus.

Does Samarria have clips?

Yes it happened. I saw the video at the local premier yesterday. Samarria has a few tricks, but it is not a whole part, and I don't remember much of it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
Has the turd bird already happened?  Inward heel late 180?  How has Joslin not done that down a 20?

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 239
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »
Has the turd bird already happened?  Inward heel late 180?  How has Joslin not done that down a 20?

Please don’t give Vinny Bahn any trick ideas...

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »

This is great. Cant wait to suggest a turdbird to the inward homies.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »
Just finished this, and damn that was a good video.

But seriously, the music had me nodding off at points.

Didn’t realize how good Etnies team was. One thing that must be pointed out, is that I’m 99% certain that all these guys are running some form of aftermarket insoles. I’ve seen the stock insole from Jameson HTs, Marana’s, etc. and they would definitely not take the impact of the shit 95% of these guys were hucking themselves off of.

ZEBRA

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 10:02:57 AM »
Who's got a link for this?? I'm gonna buy it, but I'm broke as fuck until Friday. Thanks in advance

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 05:27:16 PM »
what happened to Julian Davidson?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[