Author Topic: Denver, Colorado  (Read 1575 times)

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
Denver, Colorado
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
I'll probably be moving to the Denver area near the end of summer.

Any recommendations for areas that have (relatively) cheap rent without being too sketchy?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Re: Denver, Colorado
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:07:23 AM »
Look I am going to be honest with ya, Denver and the surrounding areas have raised the rent from what would be 1100 to 1300, the rent outside of the area Arvada Aurora Golden and other suburbs might be a little less, Call it a conflict in interest for those wanting to live in 420 state not assuming about your intentions just that's whats happened to the downtown area capital hill area Colfax ave is the place to be just super expensive. So do your research and best of luck I lived of CLFX thats the abbreviated term these days. Streets of London and 303 board shop are the places to be to network with others. killer record shops and decent food around the area, So like i said if you have the means live in that area otherwise it is expensive to live in the city area. If not share rent with a random college kid or find someone you get on with.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »
You'll have to choose 1:

Relatively cheap
or
Denver
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »
fuckin hell
im tryin to save money to move out there but i have a 80lb dog and im not sure if ill ever be able to.

B. Hopper

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »
fuckin hell
im tryin to save money to move out there but i have a 80lb dog and im not sure if ill ever be able to.

If you don't have a wife/gf/and or kids, maybe do a trip out. Meet some folks. Honestly, the best way is to just rent a room. It truly is expensive and pet deposits don't help.

The other option is to go an hour either east or west of downtown, but your job/career might be a limiting factor...

44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 12:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote
fuckin hell
[close]

If you don't have a wife/gf/and or kids, maybe do a trip out. Meet some folks. Honestly, the best way is to just rent a room. It truly is expensive and pet deposits don't help.

The other option is to go an hour either east or west of downtown, but your job/career might be a limiting factor...
thanks for the advice man im single and kidless but also a loner, never been too great at making friends especially at 26. As far as a career im a line cook/aspiring chef so i dont make a whole lot of money. I think i will just keep saving for a few years until i can afford to buy a trailer or a fixer upper.  Im so burnt on Missouri but it will be worth it i think to stick it out and save for my own place.
Its just mind boggling all the parks you guys have out there and i still skate a pre fab park everyday. I skated denver park and arvada last time i was there and i would trade all the parks in a 100 mile radius of me for just one of those. I should be out there in august, looking forward to skating colorado springs and boulder.

B. Hopper

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fuckin hell
[close]

[close]
thanks for the advice man im single and kidless but also a loner, never been too great at making friends especially at 26. As far as a career im a line cook/aspiring chef so i dont make a whole lot of money. I think i will just keep saving for a few years until i can afford to buy a trailer or a fixer upper.  Im so burnt on Missouri but it will be worth it i think to stick it out and save for my own place.
Its just mind boggling all the parks you guys have out there and i still skate a pre fab park everyday. I skated denver park and arvada last time i was there and i would trade all the parks in a 100 mile radius of me for just one of those. I should be out there in august, looking forward to skating colorado springs and boulder.

If I were you, I'd get a trailer close/in the mountains up near Fort Collins. THat area is beautiful and while FoCo isn't really any cheaper, going west towards the farmlands can be. You're in nature but a stones throw from civilization. There's a few parks up around FoCo that are good and you're only an hour from Denver. There's a TON of great parks in between the two.

B. Hopper

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 09:00:50 AM »
there's always a skate house..the scene here is huge..you might fall in with the right crew

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »
I was debating on Denver or Fort Collins for the skate scene, FoCos was just a little more comfortable for me, not to mentions how cheap rent is compared too Denver and its suburbs
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647