Author Topic: Is it better to skate different setups or always skate the same gear?  (Read 5097 times)

streetsoup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: Is it better to skate different setups or always skate the same gear?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »
Stick to what feels right.
If ten different set ups stokes you, go for it!

Ive been riding the same set up style for years.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
i was so about "always try new things" but man i switched from thunders to indys and this spot i usually skate- wasnt able to land a lot of the tricks i had down.. went back to the shop and got new thunders and was able to skate like normal...
[close]

I swore by indys forever, then I had to get thunders out of necessity and I've never gone back. I even dabbled with some indys once and did not enjoy them. Indys are great trucks, but I bet there are a lot of die hards who would switch to thunder if they gave them a legitimate chance.

Haha I was feeling the same, I thought damn I’ve found that Indy’s are actually great trucks and I thought I didn’t like thunders anymore after riding them for a while but I recently went back to them and damn...I feel them curing my madness, I don’t have the urge to switch and try my indy again so be all “oh how good we’re these trucks again?” I’m just feeling, damn thunders are good I’m landing shit and learning shit, I have so much confidence in my speed and tricks too

Thunder did it right, also the turning really isn’t that bad. I have mine medium with a tad loose to still make sharp turns and seriously, if you just get really dialed in you can turn just as good as any ace or Indy. Ace and Indy just are more broken in to turn when your out of the zone and decide to turn impulsively just like that, if your in the zone and ready to go and gotta make that tight turn with speed to get a trick over or on something thunders can do it, you just gotta be totally in the zone not being all cool guy relaxed zig zagging back and forth showing off that you can ride with your kingpin nut only finger tightened and your hangars wobbling off the board

The only person I praise with that looseness Indy style is Jesse alba
yes

tangar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 01:43:32 PM »
you just gotta be totally in the zone not being all cool guy relaxed zig zagging back and forth showing off that you can ride with your kingpin nut only finger tightened and your hangars wobbling off the board
Lol bruh whut?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH