Author Topic: Eric Fletcher  (Read 5470 times)

karnec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Eric Fletcher
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:46:07 PM »
Found this crazy footage of fletcher from 2010 (starts at around 2:15), ridiculous style and absolutely kills the two ledges stacked on top of each other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOEUsKpXdJ8

I remember watching that nate sherwood documentary on him which seems to have been removed, but it never really said what happened with him and LE or why he stopped skating after theatrix, does anyone have any intel? Surprised he never blew up, the footage from the above video is ridiculous

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Eric Fletcher
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:01:16 AM »
Bad things must have happened to him. That awful interview about his pain and anxiety was a nightmare.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »
He was good, he was a ripper... he WAS... now give im a job please

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
It appeared quite clearly to me that the guy has a serious drug and/or alcohol problem. 

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
This thread already exists if you want to do some sleuthing. I think someone on here used to film with him

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »
I’m curious about his flip/etnies footy, as well as what happened to all the other ams Flip ran through for awhile there
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
i am greatful for every little bit of footy of him!!! to me he s one of the best to ever do it... undeniable raw talent! much love & respect!

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
Eric Fletcher is a tragic story indeed, but it seemed like he didn't understand what being a sponsored/ professional skateboarder really entailed. And I get it, there's no school for you to get into that prepares you for something like that, but I think he expected more support from an industry that capitalizes off the fact that skaters are pretty much businesses in themselves and the companies they ride for are their biggest customers.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »
I mean, heroin happened. But before that, he must've been pretty difficult or unmotivated, because after Flip, he got "try-outs" with both Toy Machine and Habitat, and both passed on him.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • Free Max B
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
Figured this was gonna be an RIP post.

Atleast the dudes still alive that nate sherwood shit was so fried. Kid needs help.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 06:27:16 PM »
So many no name people have been amazing at skateboarding.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 07:10:02 PM »

karnec

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
I mean, heroin happened. But before that, he must've been pretty difficult or unmotivated, because after Flip, he got "try-outs" with both Toy Machine and Habitat, and both passed on him.

Really, heroin? I remember him saying he got prescribed methadone/referred to a methadone clinic after having surgery but is it confirmed that he had a problem/jumped to heroin after that?

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 07:31:22 PM »
didnt he break his hip or something i remember that being in nate sherwoods interview and thats why he was on pain meds

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 07:37:00 PM »
he also talked about his prefence for long tip needles

hope he's doing well

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 05:03:46 AM »
he sounds like a gas station panhandler

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 06:29:54 AM »
he also talked about his prefence for long tip needles

hope he's doing well
he also said snorting it’s the best

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really, heroin? I remember him saying he got prescribed methadone/referred to a methadone clinic after having surgery but is it confirmed that he had a problem/jumped to heroin after that?
Isn't Methadone only used to treat people who are having serious withdrawal symptoms when quitting heroin or people who are in palliative care? I didn't think it was prescribed as a painkiller for after surgery.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • Free Max B
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 06:40:37 PM »
You kids make Eric fletcher look like a regular person. You’re fucked.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

bawtawd9

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »
Prefer short tips but fletch was fried, even too much for me.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Isn't Methadone only used to treat people who are having serious withdrawal symptoms when quitting heroin or people who are in palliative care? I didn't think it was prescribed as a painkiller for after surgery.

pretty much. it can be rx'd for opiate pain killer w/d, but its pretty much legal liquid opiates. methadone is the devil's elixer.

dude is right though, he wasnt built for the industry before he got into drugs. a lot of awesome skateboarders are unable to conform to industry standards and never really make it, fortunately that doesnt take away from how well they skated when they were in their prime.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Whoever started that thread a couple weeks back about certain skaters being light on their toes, Fletcher epitomizes that to the fullest.

And about the dude being difficult.... when you end up being too much of a pile for LE skateboards, you got a serious problem.  Sinner said he was basically just hocking boards for drug money, and producing zero footage.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:57:28 PM by chilllyboy »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 05:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

pretty much. it can be rx'd for opiate pain killer w/d, but its pretty much legal liquid opiates. methadone is the devil's elixer.

dude is right though, he wasnt built for the industry before he got into drugs. a lot of awesome skateboarders are unable to conform to industry standards and never really make it, fortunately that doesnt take away from how well they skated when they were in their prime.

Methadone pills are prescribed to patients with severe pain, late stage cancer patients too. Trust me, I've bought a bunch from some of them.

Works wonders with looong half life.... until you have to kick it, then the real fun begins.