Author Topic: Did anyone ever address why Guy was in Penny's Really Sorry part?  (Read 3871 times)

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
Re: Did anyone ever address why Guy was in Penny's Really Sorry part?
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
I remember reading an interview with Penny where he said that Guy was his all time favorite skater.

That and the fact that they both filmed with Danny Minnick during that period is the explination that makes the most sense to me.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

silhouette

• Rep: 152
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
why did the bible choose geoff > penny?

Vans money ? (wild guess)

Cc: Bastien when it comes to Flip doing somebody dirty by burying their footage, until said footage is no longer as revolutionary as it would have been in its right context regarding the historical progression of technical skateboarding. literally work your ass off to invent cab flip front boards down 10's over a decade ago, only to have your precious five minutes of life-endangering footage, meticulously collected for innovation's sake, swept under the rug for monetary reasons ? if you haven't made a name for yourself - and, as in Bastien's case, bank - already by then, then how the fuck are you supposed to live with that ? furthermore, Bastien and I guess Tom might have been real tough to manage at times but when it all comes down to it, no company, no brand owns skateboarding and its culture ; sitting on someone's clips because they might catch too much attention and sell the wrong shoe is everything but constructive. in order to progress in whatever humble but crucial ways, the world needs to see that stuff, it's a matter of principle. in a way that's why I'm stoked modern outlets such as Instagram are around ; no matter how hard companies may try, being user content-based, they can't really be curated, for better or for worse, but I'd rather focus on the better aspect.

Clayton

• Rep: 57
    • Spot Hunter
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »
I'm a big fan of Corey Duffel's "some of my best friends are black" guest tricks.

Also, yo Beta you alright guy? And what other tricks did he do over the chain?

Yeah I'm ok. Thanks for asking. His did nollie bigspin frontside and backside. Did both fakie too. Then he did frontside 360 flip regular and switch.
whu? that's insane! ... then again, it was penny in his prime

I too do not buy this. If the conspiracy were just for the nollie/fakie bigspins I might believe it, but Dyrdek wouldn't have been so gung-ho about witnessing a switch backside flip if he'd fs 360 kickflipped it regular and switch.

I sniff my own butthole all the time

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • fresh as monkey's breath
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »
I'm a big fan of Corey Duffel's "some of my best friends are black" guest tricks.

Also, yo Beta you alright guy? And what other tricks did he do over the chain?

Yeah I'm ok. Thanks for asking. His did nollie bigspin frontside and backside. Did both fakie too. Then he did frontside 360 flip regular and switch.
whu? that's insane! ... then again, it was penny in his prime

I too do not buy this. If the conspiracy were just for the nollie/fakie bigspins I might believe it, but Dyrdek wouldn't have been so gung-ho about witnessing a switch backside flip if he'd fs 360 kickflipped it regular and switch.
dyrdek's a salesman. if you told him to get psyched about a tiny horse or an obese black man going on a diet he'll say 'how psyched?'
sillhouette, your reminder about bastien's saga makes the conspiracy seem more believable.

GardenSkater77

• Rep: 2
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »
Has anyone seen the footage of Tom skating the bowl in Amsterdam recently? It came out about five years ago. I think itís been pulled cause he seemed high and showed his rotting teeth. He looked great just rolling around the bowl with the graffiti and what not. Can someone provide cause I canít find

Chris

• Rep: 2
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 07:02:02 PM »
Also that Eric Fletcher footage that was held onto and then shown in that shitty ďdocumentaryĒ water marked property of flip skateboards.

The conspiracy continues.....

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 661
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »
I remember reading an interview with Penny where he said that Guy was his all time favorite skater.

That and the fact that they both filmed with Danny Minnick during that period is the explination that makes the most sense to me.

I just said drugs....and you had to name names....

csb711

• Rep: 5
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
I've talked about this with numerous people, but probably the one you'de be familiar with is will at cult of Tom

You'de be amazed not on the problems Tom had, moreso the issue the industry had with Tom..

He was the "Michael Jordan of skateboarding". But if you are aware, Tom was the victim of the industry. Tom checked out early, almost overnight. Rightfully so IMO. He was subject to alot of bullshit.

One day it will all come to light.

The basic point was although skatboard media promoted him like a motherfucker, they also were involved in demonizing him.

I was there the day he filmed his infamous "chain to bank".

Was it incredible? Absolutely. But he did way more tricks than video showed.

Flip, transwold and thrasher all put a halt on Pennys footy.

Why?  Not sure. But Tom talks about it personally.

Flips goal was to promote Geoff Rowley. Which is ok because he too took America by storm.

But one day you will hear Rowley talk about this.

are you alluding to some type of documentary or interview that's been discussed (i.e. Epicly Laterd)? if not, Cult of Tom should do one

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »

I just said drugs....and you had to name names....

Haha. My bad, i guess..
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »
I've talked about this with numerous people, but probably the one you'de be familiar with is will at cult of Tom

You'de be amazed not on the problems Tom had, moreso the issue the industry had with Tom..

He was the "Michael Jordan of skateboarding". But if you are aware, Tom was the victim of the industry. Tom checked out early, almost overnight. Rightfully so IMO. He was subject to alot of bullshit.

One day it will all come to light.

The basic point was although skatboard media promoted him like a motherfucker, they also were involved in demonizing him.

I was there the day he filmed his infamous "chain to bank".

Was it incredible? Absolutely. But he did way more tricks than video showed.

Flip, transwold and thrasher all put a halt on Pennys footy.

Why?  Not sure. But Tom talks about it personally.

Flips goal was to promote Geoff Rowley. Which is ok because he too took America by storm.

But one day you will hear Rowley talk about this.

are you alluding to some type of documentary or interview that's been discussed (i.e. Epicly Laterd)? if not, Cult of Tom should do one

Cult of Tom should do it. He's only loyal to the footage.  I've talked to his numerous times and he definitely knows what up.

His name is Will and he's here on slap.

This dood lives to get the footy out.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
    • Whitebread Skateboarding
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
Has anyone seen the footage of Tom skating the bowl in Amsterdam recently? It came out about five years ago. I think itís been pulled cause he seemed high and showed his rotting teeth. He looked great just rolling around the bowl with the graffiti and what not. Can someone provide cause I canít find

I canít find it but me and my friend quote it all the time to this day - him drinking like a monster and showing his teeth and saying ďmy teeth are fucked as wellĒ