Author Topic: Skateboarding Juggalos  (Read 13614 times)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
Re: Skateboarding Juggalos
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2018, 01:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I used to bartend at a concert venue in their hometown of Detroit, have worked at least three ICP shows over the years and it's as tight as you would expect. First off, Juggalo's tip better than any other audience. The most ridiculed subculture in America takes better care of their service than the yuppy indie rock fans. The shows were always enjoyable to work and the juggalo's were never impatient or rude.
[close]
Almost every juggalo I've ever come into contact with has always been pretty down to earth and nice. I remember a very long time ago me and my friends were having a little backyard party at this house and the house next door actually had a group of juggalos living there and they were having a pretty big party in their backyard going on at same time and I remember them peeking over the wall and offering us a bottle of rum and inviting us to combine both parties together; we declined the offer of course, but most juggalos I've come into contact with have this "unity" mentality that they extend to everyone despite the scene and image that they associate with, not just other juggalos, which I think is kinda cool. Too bad the music totally sucks.

This has been my experience with them as well. ...and while I am not 'down with the clown' I'll be 'bros with the 'los'

also, that may have been the dumbest thing I have ever typed.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »
Expand Quote
There's this dude who frequents a skate park the next city over from me and he has a hatchet man tattoo on his arm and a lazy eye
[close]
Which park so I can avoid it or go see this mythical creature for myself lol. The good homie Ernie in high school was a huge juggalo and could varial flip 5050 his box like it was nothing. He also learned 360 flips before kickflips. He might still be a juggalo.
Sunnyvale/Lakewood dude keeps to himself but there's been times where he's been sloppy drunk and tried to fight dudes for talking shit on his tattoo

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
I work in sunnyvale but don’t really care for those parks. Definitely gonna ask my coworkers who frequent there about him lol.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

D. Bag

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
I hooked up once with a woman with a hatchet man tattoo, but I didn’t figure that out until I was already comitted to the deed...

Probably could’ve guessed when she showed up in a minivan pounding a 32oz monster

Was passing by a Milwaukee ICP show as it let out about 15 years back, the entire front of the venue was literally a mile-long lineup of mini vans with moms waiting inside to pick up Jimmy from his big night out.  Seemed very surreal at the time.

But, she's no juggalo if she's not chugging Faygo.  I do believe that the juggalos got it right on their beverage of choice, Faygo diet grape and diet cream soda are liquid gold, and just $0.99 for a 24 oz. bottle, can't go wrong with that shit.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2018, 04:18:28 PM »
I just had a flashback to some fat kid in jncos and etnies doing nightmare flips off of a loading dock. Thanks for that, I needed to remember that the world is a shitty place.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
Refresh my memory is a nightmare flip a hospital flip a dolphin flip a casper flip or a twizted flip?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
Refresh my memory is a nightmare flip a hospital flip a dolphin flip a casper flip or a twizted flip?

it’s a take a letter and skate away
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
Are there any juggalo pros? Former or current? Other than a hypothetical Smolik.

Hate to say it but I can see our lord Fred Gall broing down with some juggalos. Playing some hacky sack.

This thread should turn into skaters who could've been juggalos had they never found skateboarding.

Tosh.
Dyrdek.
Lacey Baker.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »
tobey
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's this dude who frequents a skate park the next city over from me and he has a hatchet man tattoo on his arm and a lazy eye
[close]
Which park so I can avoid it or go see this mythical creature for myself lol. The good homie Ernie in high school was a huge juggalo and could varial flip 5050 his box like it was nothing. He also learned 360 flips before kickflips. He might still be a juggalo.
[close]
Sunnyvale/Lakewood dude keeps to himself but there's been times where he's been sloppy drunk and tried to fight dudes for talking shit on his tattoo

hell yeah i was almost certain you were talking about lakewood, dude asked if me and the homies if we wanted to hit his bong last weekend, but who knows what was in that thing
stick 2 da spliff

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »

fs overkrook

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »
There were two juggalo brothers at my local skate park growing up. The one went by “dark lotus” while the other was just Dallas. They did fly outs and started shit and smoked mids all day. One time Dallas called some dude a n***** and these dudes ran them out of the park. The kid came back later with HIS ENTIRE FUCKING WHITE TRASH JUGGALO FAMILY AND IT WAS LIKE A 9 PERSON BRAWL. Those idiots got merked. Somebody filmed it and put it on YouTube back in the day but it got taken down.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I used to bartend at a concert venue in their hometown of Detroit, have worked at least three ICP shows over the years and it's as tight as you would expect. First off, Juggalo's tip better than any other audience. The most ridiculed subculture in America takes better care of their service than the yuppy indie rock fans. The shows were always enjoyable to work and the juggalo's were never impatient or rude.

When I was 11, I got an Icp cd from Best Buy and my mom wasn't having it. She made me take it back and I ended up trading it for Primus "tales from the punchbowl" and looking back, it was one of the most pivotal moments of my life. I could have went the other way.....
[close]
All i could think about after reading this is how Primus sucks...
[close]
primus is the shit, watch it there brucey

I mean, I can't tell the intent but that is their slogan...

Lowkey Primus fan...mostly just Frizzle Fry but I love the shit out of that record

Also, Juggalos are for sure a Midwest, mostly suburban phenomenon. I was blown away how many would come to Chicago Comic Con way before being a nerd was weaved into the overculture. Not surprised at the overlap perse but surprised at how huge the group was. Don't think I had heard the term Juggalo yet even
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

basedshaman

• Rep: 6
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
Idk why but this is one of the best threads I've seen in a while.

coreaf

• Rep: 22
  • sick
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »
i used to know a juggalo who rapped under the name great white. he was a fat white guy so i thought that was sick. his raps were mediocre but he was a nice dude.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
There were a couple in my high school. They didn’t skate though. I didn’t know what they were at the time but i remember the logo and learned later. They literally lurked under the stairs like bridge trolls. Too bad Charlie wasn’t there to mentor them.
https://youtu.be/rJV6PwOQD74

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2018, 07:42:39 PM »
I knew a dude who skated back in the day who got fucked by a Juggalo before the guy got married. Had a good looking girl, too. The Juggalo guy's a "horror" rapper and the other dude's a rapper, both from the same small town, and both have possible mental problems.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »
  I like the brown album the best(primus). They had a new drummer for that one.  The juggalo life seems pretty committed and growing up skating would take up too much time away from juggaloing. You can't be a jack of all trades. ICP killed it tho at the end of the day, you gotta give them credit.  I actually had to listen to Icp for brief periods cause a cool motherfucker I knew would play it constantly.  It sucks.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
I worked with a lady who was a Juggalo. In some random conversation she was telling me about how she smoked coke recently. I asked her more about it and she was telling me how her friend had to cook it into this solid form so they could smoke it. I ended up having to tell her that she smoked crack and she was devastated.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
I ended up having to tell her that she smoked crack and she was devastated.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2018, 09:46:21 PM »
I worked with a lady who was a Juggalo. In some random conversation she was telling me about how she smoked coke recently. I asked her more about it and she was telling me how her friend had to cook it into this solid form so they could smoke it. I ended up having to tell her that she smoked crack and she was devastated.
  this interaction you guys had could end up helping her future. Hopefully anyway.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
Expand Quote
I ended up having to tell her that she smoked crack and she was devastated.
[close]

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2018, 11:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  this interaction you guys had could end up helping her future. Hopefully anyway.
That future is helpless bro, #helplessfuture the ones of the here and now no lie #hopefullynothing just rig u sum love dad

im probably lying

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2018, 12:19:44 AM »
Fuckin' Bob Burnquist's magnets, how do they work?

NootNoot

« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2018, 12:26:10 AM »
FUCKING MAGNETS
how do they work?

WHOOP WHOOP pretty sure tj Rogers is down with the clown.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2018, 12:34:47 AM »
Yeah so here's some follow up to what happened after (this happened around 8 or 9 years ago):

The conversation about her smoking crack was between her, my friend and myself. My friend and I ended up calling her Rocky from then on. Rocky put up with the nickname for awhile until one day she snapped. We didn't know what to do when she snapped so we resorted to saying ICP sucks since it was always a good fallback strategy when arguing with her. This turned into a huge shitstorm with her crying in front of everyone at work. While crying, she was yelling that her juggalo family was always there for her when her real family wasn't and that we were assholes (sharing this story makes me realize she was right, we were assholes). The following months she got laid off and I never heard from her or seen her since.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2018, 06:29:02 AM »
Yeah so here's some follow up to what happened after (this happened around 8 or 9 years ago):

The conversation about her smoking crack was between her, my friend and myself. My friend and I ended up calling her Rocky from then on. Rocky put up with the nickname for awhile until one day she snapped. We didn't know what to do when she snapped so we resorted to saying ICP sucks since it was always a good fallback strategy when arguing with her. This turned into a huge shitstorm with her crying in front of everyone at work. While crying, she was yelling that her juggalo family was always there for her when her real family wasn't and that we were assholes (sharing this story makes me realize she was right, we were assholes). The following months she got laid off and I never heard from her or seen her since.
I'm sure she's doing great.