Author Topic: Overrated movies/shows  (Read 6527 times)

jomeara1

Overrated movies/shows
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »
What are some movies/shows that a lot of people love that you just can’t get into and why? Here’s my list:

Movies:

Inception- Once I figured out what was going on in the movie was when I realized how stupid the plot was

Hacksaw Ridge- corny, cliche after cliche after cliche with ridiculous, over the top war scenes that was so bad it was comical.

300- every scene was just bad CGI in slow motion.

Donnie Darko- I tried to like it, but I just don’t. There is not one character that I like in that movie.

Shows:

Dexter- Another show that doesn’t have one character that I like. The ending was god awful too.

Stranger things- I never understood the praise. Just seems like any other generic show with suspense in it.

Sons of Anarchy- the whole tough guy biker thing is just too cheesy for me.

Weeds- started off good, but then went completely downhill after season 4ish.

Orange is the new black- nothing interesting or exciting ever happens.

The walking dead- I liked seasons 1-3, but by the time they got to Alexandria it became the same old shit over and over again.  Everything seems so predictable now.

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: Overrated movies/shows
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 12:02:46 PM »
Game of thrones

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:30:26 PM »
Black Mirror is pretty overrated in my mind. I've only watched a few episodes but I don't feel compelled to watch any more. Even the first episode with the pig sex isn't deep once you get past the shock value. I think they have really interesting worlds that they build up but the social commentary aspect is just so heavy handed (which I know is the point) without any actual foundation underneath to help prop it up or flesh out the details in an interesting manner.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »
Bable and 21 Grams. I think they're from the same director and people seemed to love them when they came out but I thought they were absolute dog shit.

I disagree with the notion that the end of Dexter sucked. If you didn't like any characters why did you watch it to the end? It was like 8 seasons.

jomeara1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Bable and 21 Grams. I think they're from the same director and people seemed to love them when they came out but I thought they were absolute dog shit.

I disagree with the notion that the end of Dexter sucked. If you didn't like any characters why did you watch it to the end? It was like 8 seasons.

I wasn’t a fan of Babel either. The trailer looked cooler than it really was.

My ex girlfriend loved Dexter and made me watch every season with her at the time. I thought the ending was disappointing. Just my opinion.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 05:08:10 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
Game of thrones
never seen an single episode

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jomeara1

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]
never seen an single episode

I’ve actually never seen it either but I would like to. I don’t have HBO but I have a free trial of it right now so I want to try to watch a few before the trial runs out.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you

I have never liked that medieval world and it annoys the shit out of me that all they do is meaningful banter it makes it feel fake and boring. Would like to see them do more normal shit and I also think it's not that epic as people make it seem. And it took way too long for the ice people and the dragons to come. Pros are that there are some nice titties in it if you are into that kind of stuff.

I'll throw another one under the bus: Lord of the Rings, all of them

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 02:08:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you
[close]

I have never liked that medieval world and it annoys the shit out of me that all they do is meaningful banter it makes it feel fake and boring. Would like to see them do more normal shit and I also think it's not that epic as people make it seem. And it took way too long for the ice people and the dragons to come. Pros are that there are some nice titties in it if you are into that kind of stuff.

Agreed, Lord of The Rings were terrible, all of them.

jomeara1

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 02:28:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you
[close]

[close]
Agreed, Lord of The Rings were terrible, all of them.

Never watched any of them and don’t plan on it any time soon. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you
[close]

I have nothing to say to you ever again

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 06:16:26 AM »
I'm sure I'll catch shit for this but I didn't care for the Sopranos. Didn't even make it through 1 season. Just wasn't what I'd built it up in my head to be. Maybe I'll  try again one day but so much new good stuff coming out on the regular that I doubt it.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 06:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you
[close]

i agree 100%. all that kings and queens and castles shit has never been entertaining to me.

jomeara1

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 06:22:26 AM »
I'm sure I'll catch shit for this but I didn't care for the Sopranos. Didn't even make it through 1 season. Just wasn't what I'd built it up in my head to be. Maybe I'll  try again one day but so much new good stuff coming out on the regular that I doubt it.

I really liked the Sopranos but I can see why some people wouldn’t like it.

Back to Lord of the Rings- It’s not the story or plot that is keeping me from watching it, I just don’t have the patience to watch 3.5-4 hour long movies.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Back to Lord of the Rings- It’s not the story or plot that is keeping me from watching it, I just don’t have the patience to watch 3.5-4 hour long movies.
With Lord of the Rings, Froto acted like such a pussy so much that I just couldn't stand it. Nothing worse than a whiny protagonist...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

shark tits

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »
agreed on lord of the rings
also star wars
scarface is 3 plus hours of boring w/ a few bits of violence and a quotable white dude in brown face.
blow w/ johnny depp
twin peaks 'fire walk w/ meeeee'. fuckin tidbits of shtoops
dogtown and z-boys.

SOTY

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 07:28:06 AM »
No work of "art" is more overrated than Forrest fucking Gimp.

jomeara1

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 08:17:09 AM »
also star wars
scarface is 3 plus hours of boring w/ a few bits of violence and a quotable white dude in brown face.
blow w/ johnny depp
dogtown and z-boys.

I hate theatrical skate related movies. 

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 08:26:31 AM »
Sons of Anarchy started strong and ended Horribly. Same thing goes with How I Met Your Mother.

I've offended people when I've said Mike Epps is not funny and his stand up specials are not that good.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Game of thrones
[close]

Fuck you
[close]

[close]

I have nothing to say to you ever again

Same. Except "fuck you."

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 09:32:20 AM »
also star wars
blow w/ johnny depp
dogtown and z-boys.

Nah man. Fire Walk With Me is great when you realize it is a character study of Laura Palmer versus the season 3 of the show that everyone wanted it to be when it was released.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:48:28 PM by oyolar »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 09:39:54 AM »
Twin Peaks - First couple episodes got me thinking maybe it's gonna be good, then there's like 20 filler episodes with the plot moving nowhere and ending was meh. All my friends who praise it are those ''being weird for the sake of being weird'' type girls

Inception - Liked it at first but then the plot just started feeling stupid and who's dreams are that fucking boring?

Ironman - Whole concept sucks and hate that dudes face

Memento - Didn't work as well on the second viewing

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »
this thread makes me sad
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:16 AM »
LOTR

Probably a good franchise. Only problem: I fucking hate fantasy. Too gay and any attempts at epic end up in total cringe for me. I just cannot stomach it. Having said that, it might be good. I'm more into science fiction so I don't know shit.

Don't worry, I'll thrash sci-fi now:

The Matrix.

Started off good but had to include tons of gay shit with Trinity. Booring... Just give misery, robots, death and that green filter.

Inception/That space shit with Clooney and Bulloc/That black hole shit with Matthew McFuckface

One view only.

Pretty much any time travel shit ever.

Yeah, this concept does not work.  12 monkey was pretty good, though. Creepy as fuck to this day.

Gummo/Ken park/Kids/ All the "shocking"/graphic films.

Once you go for a second view, there is nothing there. Nothing.

Breaking Bad

Junkies and speed freaks don't like each other. It's probably good, though.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »
zombies

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

jomeara1

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
LOTR

Probably a good franchise. Only problem: I fucking hate fantasy. Too gay and any attempts at epic end up in total cringe for me. I just cannot stomach it. Having said that, it might be good. I'm more into science fiction so I don't know shit.

Don't worry, I'll thrash sci-fi now:

The Matrix.

Started off good but had to include tons of gay shit with Trinity. Booring... Just give misery, robots, death and that green filter.

Inception/That space shit with Clooney and Bulloc/That black hole shit with Matthew McFuckface

One view only.

Pretty much any time travel shit ever.

Yeah, this concept does not work.  12 monkey was pretty good, though. Creepy as fuck to this day.

Gummo/Ken park/Kids/ All the "shocking"/graphic films.

Once you go for a second view, there is nothing there. Nothing.

Breaking Bad

Junkies and speed freaks don't like each other. It's probably good, though.

Breaking bad is pretty damn good.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »
Boyhood.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 04:50:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I liked Sopranos, but I felt that it just went on too long because it was popular and making money. The last few seasons were basically unwatchable and had no plot. 

Any time a TV show or movie start selling logo tee-shirts or other merchandise it's a huge downturn.