Author Topic: Overrated movies/shows  (Read 6535 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: Overrated movies/shows
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2018, 07:07:41 PM »
TV

Westworld - I like the show, but its more into mindfucking the internet than doing great storytelling.

Girls - a weird fantasy where people who aren't effeminate nerds or country ass black dudes are sexually attracted to fat white girls.

American Horror Story - Conceptually strong but most seasons fall apart.

Walking Dead - They didnt deviate from the comics enough post Govenor. I liked how the show took the xmen approach to storytelling though (take a huge cast, pick 3 or 4 random characters put them in a situation and have their different personalities drive the narrative of that episode)

Pokemon - series is just variations of the same 5 types of episodes.

Movies

Cinderella - If the glass slipper was a perfect fit then how the fuck did it fall off?

The Avengers - When people say they like this movie they are really talking about the last 30 minutes, which is incredible...but the buildup is a snore.

Jurassic World - Boring and kind of a nostalgia cash in.

American Sniper - Military indoctrination garbage, and I like most war movies even Pearl Harbor lol

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2018, 07:20:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck that show with Sheldon as a character.  Utterly disgusted by this unique brand of humor after the 1st 3mins of it that I saw and have hated it passionately since ( sometimes people watch it who I know.)
[close]

I prefer cheesy/corny sitcoms like the Big Bang Theory to the ones that try to be all clever and edgy like How I Met Your Mother. Has anyone watched LA to Vegas? It’s pretty funny but a lot of reviewers hate it.
[close]
mayam bialik is a zionist shill. fuck her and that corny show.
black mirror is the dope show. maybe it was overhyped to yuz but i feel like it's being contrarian. 'oh i watched one episode so now i'm qualified to say it sucks'.
i've been rewatching OZ and it's not as bad ass as i remember.

Yeah, fuck Mayim Bialik.  She donated money to buy body armor for the IDF as they slaughtered Palestinians. And she has a weird relationship with the anit-vaxx movement so there's no way anyone can in good conscience be cool with her in my opinion.

Regarding Black Mirror, I came to that conclusion after watching several episodes (not one) and reaching out to friends who were telling me to watch the show as well as Googling some people's interpretations of the series to only find every single person an site giving me a list of 'good' episodes to watch and 'bad' episodes to avoid.  I'm sorry but if all I hear about a series is how insightful and revolutionary it is AS A WHOLE and then I see that that's couched in a list of 5-10 'good' episodes that live up to that standard then that's a shitty show.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2018, 07:43:30 PM »
Black Mirror sucks. They start with an interesting premise and then quickly go for the easiest route that will make stupid people feel smart. Whoa we DO look at our phones a lot you're right Black Mirror. It gets compared to The Twilight Zone a lot which is grossly unfair to The Twilight Zone because Rod Serling was brilliant.

jomeara1

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2018, 09:15:32 PM »
Black Mirror sucks. They start with an interesting premise and then quickly go for the easiest route that will make stupid people feel smart. Whoa we DO look at our phones a lot you're right Black Mirror. It gets compared to The Twilight Zone a lot which is grossly unfair to The Twilight Zone because Rod Serling was brilliant.

Yeah I thought the first episode was kinda cool with the Star Trek theme and the dude that played as Todd from Breaking Bad or whatever but everything else I’ve seen after that was kinda stupid and boring. The twilight zone was 10 times better than that shit.

EDIT: Nvm it was actually season 4 I think that I watched.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:06:42 AM by Johnny »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 11:29:19 PM »
The Big Lebowski.

It's actually not that bad of a movie, but nowhere near worth the over-hype it constantly gets. 

Not even close to being the best Cohen brothers movie, not even in the top 5.

This thread is turning into a shit show. Big Lebowski may not be the "best" Cohen brothers film and some people claim it their favourite film when you don't but don't ever claim that counts it as "overrated". The entire world would have to tell you watching it cures cancer and makes you live forever before you could say that film is overrated. But…

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2018, 03:54:08 AM »
I always thought Old School was a tremendously overrated movie. It wasn't funny. Then everyone was quoting that stupid "You're my boy, Blue!" line, it was even in a Chocolate ad with Scott Johnston.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:50 PM »
Expand Quote
The Big Lebowski.

It's actually not that bad of a movie, but nowhere near worth the over-hype it constantly gets. 

Not even close to being the best Cohen brothers movie, not even in the top 5.

[close]
This thread is turning into a shit show. Big Lebowski may not be the "best" Cohen brothers film and some people claim it their favourite film when you don't but don't ever claim that counts it as "overrated". The entire world would have to tell you watching it cures cancer and makes you live forever before you could say that film is overrated. But…

Seriously. Big Lebowski has more golden quotable lines than any movie I can think of and is perfectly cast. It's definitely in my top ten movies of all time.

Irvine-Sucks.com

walmart420

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
Anchorman

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2018, 04:05:22 PM »
I always thought Old School was a tremendously overrated movie. It wasn't funny. Then everyone was quoting that stupid "You're my boy, Blue!" line, it was even in a Chocolate ad with Scott Johnston.

I feel the same about the Ricki Bobbi movie. People seem to love it and quote it all the time, but I never got the hype. Give me old school SNL Will Farrell and I'm stoked.

Irvine-Sucks.com

jomeara1

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
Anchorman and Talledega nights are those type of movies that I didn’t like at first but warmed up to overtime. Same thing with just Will Farrell in general. I thought he was kind of annoying when he started blowing up, but has eventually won me over. 

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »
His old SNL sketches crack me up to this day but in many of his movies his acting style is like a person who just can't act.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
I get weirded out when someone posts something like "Gonna crack some brews and watch Talladega Nights/Walk Hard". Those movies elicited little more than chuckles (did laugh at "ma shet ay") the first time I saw them and I can't imagine rewatching on the regular.

Would watch Step Brothers again though.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2018, 07:51:25 AM »
Can we throw video games into the mix?

Life Is Strange
Overwatch
CSGO

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
Star wars sucks
Star Trek is the nerdier version of Star Wars
Anything set in space is inherintly boring as fuck.. except for maybe red dwarf, but even then..
couldnt get through the first episode of Black Mirror
LOTR is the most overhyped shit on the planet

Westerns.

jomeara1

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
Star wars sucks

I can’t agree with you on that, but I hate what Disney is doing to it.

Life Is Strange
Overwatch
CSGO

Fortnite- I know I said I liked it at one point, but I change my mind.

Pretty much every call of duty game after MW2

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2018, 09:31:33 AM »

Life Is Strange
Overwatch
CSGO

Sure why not.

Call of duty games after MW2.

jomeara1

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 05:15:01 AM »
Watched a few episodes of 13 reasons why recently. Fuck that show. They make it seem as if suicide is edgy and cool or some shit.

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:24 AM »
amelie,
shape of water,
fucking ever marvel/dc superhero-shit
Just shred some serious gnar.

jomeara1

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
I was forced to watch Thor Ragnarok the other night at my friends apartment and it was probably the worst movie I have ever watched.