Author Topic: Heavy footed  (Read 1802 times)

Spicy boi.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Heavy footed
« on: April 22, 2018, 03:47:27 PM »
help, i keep snapping the fuck out of decks on kickflips and boardslides mainly because i'm heavy footed as fuck. should i get technology decks (P2/Impact/Flight), or is their something i can do to stop this?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
Re: Heavy footed
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 05:41:58 PM »
You basically have to just learn what tricks and obstacles to stay away from. I stopped doing fs bigspin boardslides for this reason. Don't land with your feet so far apart on boardslides. Dont kickflip and stomp out with one leg.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »
stop kickflipping and boardslides

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1053
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:59:05 PM »
help, i keep snapping the fuck out of decks on kickflips and boardslides mainly because i'm heavy footed as fuck. should i get technology decks (P2/Impact/Flight), or is their something i can do to stop this?

Try shock pads. I have run them for 20 years and started because I was breaking new decks. Once decks get old they tend to break less. Also, go fast onto flat bars so you don't stop and snap the board.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 12:24:41 PM »
I am still really heavy footed and have had difficulty with breaking tails and noses. I have been doing mad jumping exercises of squats and putting a shitty board down where you are jumping on a bench or whatever jump off and only bolts on that shitty board it has helped dramatically. remember Frankie Hill he squatted alot for impact and that helps too.

Also hightech boards I would recommend Real Heavyweights, LibTech, and Powell Flight decks the bang for your buck really does make a difference.  my Real deck has lasted me quite sometime doesn't handle dings well but I have a dremol tool for nics and chips but really is holding up well and have landed on the tail and hasn't snapped yet. So I am backing Real HW for sure
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass